It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 minute clip of my aquarium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
media.putfile.com...

wurd up yo.
i tried to get a shot of my pictus cat but he is hiding.
there it is though in all it's glory.

tis a tad cloudy cause i just did a water change and stirred things up

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Nice Boon. A cichlid fan huh? Your Firemouth is BEAUTIFUL!!! You've got a Loach as well but what was that speedy bugger cruising the bottom about halfway through? A shark?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Nice Boon. A cichlid fan huh? Your Firemouth is BEAUTIFUL!!! You've got a Loach as well but what was that speedy bugger cruising the bottom about halfway through? A shark?

i am a cichlid super fan. at one point i had 4 tanks going in my apartment.

the one you saw on the bottom is a simple black tail cat....the fish you think is a firemouth(looks a lot like one) is actually a flowerhorn.
the clown loach is pretty mellow today....usually he is friggin spastic.

i have a common pleco
albino oscar
flowerhorn
managuense
pictus cat
black tail cat
clown loach
convict

----

been talking to my bro in law about building me a 300 gallon tank for the basement. i think it might actually come to fruitation.
plywood all the way around except for an acrylic front.

if i do that, you will see vid of a sick tank man...trust me on this

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
intrepid, here is a pic of a mature flowerhorn. they are a hybrid fish. a cross between a midas/red devil and a trimac..

i bought him out of the midas tank cause i thought it was a barred midas but once he got in this tank and a few days went by and he settled down a bit and i could get a better look at him, i ID'D him as a flowerhorn for sure.

gallery.pethobbyist.com...

here is a mature managuense

www.petpig.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Watched it again, closer. Yup, I can see the difference. Still a beautiful fish. Do you have any more vids?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
no...i can take more no problem...my digi only takes one minute clips....i'm gonna wait till feeding time when they all come out cause i want you to see the pictus cat...he is really cool looking.

you keep fish right intrepid?

i am trrying to talk my wife into a little 10 gallon hex tank for the cormer of the room, right by the mirror. i am not usually a fan of tropicals like molly's and platty's and such but i think it would look good over there and i saw a complete setup for $109 yesterday.

for me, the bigger the better but it would be kinda cool to have a small little community rocking out. the bio load those little fish put out is minimal so i can put quite a few fish in there.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I've been keeping fish for decades. Personally I prefer "sharks". Bala's, irridecents, etc. I had a red tail once that was SOOO black and his tail so red that it just made you watch it. I've had some other interesting fish along the way. Reed fish, arowana(that was a hard one to keep), fresh water "whale".

I like tetra's too, white clouds, cardinals, neons. Lots of color.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I like tetra's too, white clouds, cardinals, neons. Lots of color.

aro's are ancients man....have to love those.

all those fish you just mentioned are the types i am trying to talk my wife into getting the 10 gallon setup for.

but then again, as i said, bigger is better...i have a 55 gallon down in the basement with a magnun canister filter. all i need is a light bulb.
if i can talk mama into letting me put that up then we will be in good shape. i can put a lot of tropicals in a 55 and really dial it in.

i had an aro once but he didn't last long.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

i had an aro once but he didn't last long.

They're very difficult to keep. Mine didn't last long either. There was one at the fish store about 2 feet long and it had spawned. Seeing the young swim in and out of momma's mouth was WAY cool.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

i did not know that aro's are mouth brooders...i bet it would be cool looking too. they have a unique mouth as you know...the way it opens. they look like they have a small mouth and when they open it you're kinda like "dayum"

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
boondock, thats a beautifully clear tank and some very nice fish.
i love watching fish in a tank, theres something so relaxing about it.

may i recommend this submarine for your tank

ive always wanted to get one and chase the fish in my bro's large tank but theyre kinda hard to get hold of here in Aus, even though they are very cheap fish tank toys.

[edit on 14/1/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nice fish you got there BD.

I'd love to get a big ass tank, but we live in a small flat with no where to really put one and the wife isn't to keen!!

Still we do have some turtles, there's a pic in the roast potato thread!!

In HK there is this road, must be a couple hundred meters long and it's just fish shops down both sides, freaking awesome.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
been talking to my bro in law about building me a 300 gallon tank for the basement. i think it might actually come to fruitation.
plywood all the way around except for an acrylic front.

if i do that, you will see vid of a sick tank man...trust me on this

Hey Boon. I keep fish, at the mo only Malawi Cichlids. I used to have marine fish years ago and then i travelled etc. However, i am interested on how you would construct a plywood tank? What do you seal it with and what thickness plywood would you use? I would be too scared to do that LOL...Would that typically NOT be a tank to have for show or in a living room etc?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Ah and i forgot LOL: DAMN nice tank too!! I love convicts but i find them too aggressive with younger fish. hmmmm, but then again i do live in SA so the convicts here may be more aggressive than in other countries *tongue in cheek*

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

i used to keep africans and had a lot of malawai and tanganykans in there.

as far as the plywood tank, just google 'do it yourself aquarium plans'...

as far as how, i really have no idea...thats where the bro in law comes in. i googled some plans while he was here the other day and he said it don't look that hard.....of course you seal it with some sort of epoxy...

as for it being a display tank, i suppose it depends on how you finish it...

it can be done though....the bro in law is good with woodworking so if i decide to which i probably will, he will do the construction of it in my basement...

i will buy the lumber for that when i buy the lumber for my fence...

it will be like 8 feet long by 3 feet high by 3 feet wide....something like that

hey man, you have any malawai eye biters?

i had some elongatus chewere and some solosci's. malawai's are cool

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
feeding time..bloodworms and plankton.

intrepid, you can see the pictus cat in this one

media.putfile.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
intrepid, you can see the pictus cat at 7 seconds.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Great set up ya got there Boon!! Your water looks crystal clear and the fish look really healthy. There nothing better than chilling in front of a tank watching the fishes.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Great set up ya got there Boon!! Your water looks crystal clear and the fish look really healthy. There nothing better than chilling in front of a tank watching the fishes.

i love it.
it is a completely different ecosystem in my living room. there is just something about that that makes it super cool.
i have my dog and i love him.....he is my main dude but these fish are different. they have to be in that water...there is just something about it that relaxes me and it's cool as hell.

i am getting a tad bit of algae on the front glass cause at certain times of the day, the sunlight comes in through my picture window and hits the glass. i need to go get me a few chinese algae eaters

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I think i need to look into building a new tank LOL

Nope, don't have any eye biters
AND, believe it or not, i lost about 5 fish in the last week due to power failures - one was 27 hours!! I have a 4 foot (all that would fit in the space under the stairs) and i had about 14 nice sized malawis. In fact, when my brother moved out of his place into a new one he didn't have space for it so i bought it from him. So i am relatively new to malawis though in the past i was into Oscars and marine. I have at the moment 3 x Haplochromis (red tail sheller), 2 x labidochromis caeruleus(male and a female) and 4 x nimbochromis venustus

I lost 2 x melanochromis auratus, and 3 of the same but not sure what they were exactly. Oh well. The life of a fish keeper lol

[edit on 15/1/2008 by shearder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join