It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Friends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by LordInfamous
the people who have a look of discontent in their eyes whenever they see me when i'm flashing, are the ones i know who are out to get me. however, that only makes me rub my flashiness in their face worse, iono i just love it when ppl hate. i like to make ppl like that mad.

west side for life yo

^^^^^^just wants a reaction from me.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i tend to be the sort of guy you can "use" a few times, because i give them the benefit of the doubt initially but i do keep tabs on exactly how it goes between us.

a work mate pretends to be your mate, gets your number. then you get calls at home "hi how are you" and before you can even reply they blurt out "hey ive got computer trouble, can you..."

if they are the sort i only ever hear from when they need something, theyll eventually get from me "ooh a virus huh, nasty.. nar never heard of that one, sorry cant help"
(i find that easier than just saying "your just using me, f off and go pay a PC shop $40 per hour like every other moron")

a few long term mates (people i thought were true friends) would get me to fix a computer for them, but then they start to expect it from you while taking no responsibility themselves.

once i even heard a mate say "nar dont do that, youll cause more probs" to which friend #2 replied "thats ok, bliv's here he will fix it if i stuff it up"

so the next time ill be naar, sorry, cant help you this time. but i tried to show you last time so you should be able to wing it, give it a go.
and i leave them in the lurch to learn a lesson the hard way, that they should have paid attention when i tried to teach them.

im not rude to them, i just let em know i cant help them and leave it to them to sort out.

the key to finding who is a true friend is to not bother them for anything, dont call or drop by for a while and see how often they call or drop by your place just to say hi how ya doing...or maybe they just call and blurt "hey i got a problem can you......."

thats the quickest way to find who your true friends are.

lately ive lost a few because when they pay me out as a joke ive started to give them # in return, or because i refuse to be someone elses puppet..

some people can give # but they go on a tirade when they get paid out in return. (i hate hypocrits and "users" - theyre all so selfish)

the old saying is true... a dog really IS mans best friend. they dont judge or expect anything except some food and company. and they give a whole bunch of love and loyalty back in return.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
a work mate pretends to be your mate, gets your number. then you get calls at home "hi how are you" and before you can even reply they blurt out "hey ive got computer trouble, can you..."

Dude, I can so totally relate...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by Obliv_au

Dude, I can so totally relate...

well, if i didnt know better i'd say we have the same computer illiterate friends

but thats hard since we are half a world apart

[edit on 15/1/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good stories everyone. I knew I wasn't the only person that had friends that only wanted to use me. I have helped one person move twice now....... we'll see if he helps me move this year.

Anyone else have experience like this?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think this happens to everyone, one way or another. My hubby and I own some property, so we ended up accumulating all his "friends" crap, as a damn storage facility. I mean, Cars, Motorcycles, dirtikes, quads, trailers, go carts....big stuff.

In return, we call them all the time and make them help us with things like caring for the pool, moving cars, chopping firewood, cuz I can be a bitch and not above parting stuff out on ebay to make some money and clear it out!!!!

People suck! That's the bottom line. It is YOU that determines how much you let them use and abuse you.

A_L

[edit on 1/15/2008 by another_lurker]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Titan!! I called all your friends and told them not to answer their phones! I was thinking maybe you'd come hang out with your friends in chat for old time sake
J/K

I don't have that same problem, I have friends that won't go out either- if I'm not going. I guess I'm just lovable like that

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

I erased all those type of people out of my life some time ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

I stopped by chat for a while that night............. the four people in there were idle. :shk:

I will be returning there sometime in the near future though!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well....I hope you get to see me if I'm there
Sure would be nice to visit with you, & get all the updates going on in your life

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I know what you mean about moving and friends helping and/or expecting help. About 10 years ago, I made sure that I do not own anything that I cannot move by myself with the assistance of a hand-truck and my pickup truck. I still ask for help occasionally, but its only to move one object or something similar that I could do myself if I have to. I have also made it clear to my few friends that I will not help move, except if its only one object or something similar.

My definition of Friendship does include things like sharing and being willing to accept a little inconvienance or hardship for your friend. However, this must be returned in kind. If I have someone's back, I expect them to have mine. If not, I eventually decrease my emotional investment in that friendship and make little effort to keep it from disolving. I've lost several friends that way, but some folks seem to think that being a friend means that you can use someone. Uh, no. That is not the way it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join