It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah 'proud of being US enemy'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No, Jericho65, I remember the event he is referring to aswell. I was watching pretty intently back when the whole ordeal started, and there was quite a bit to be pissed about.

Why weren't you watching?

I remember asking my roommate, didn't they say they were giving a warning to the civillians before dropping munitions?

They've done that quite a few times actually. There was another attack recently that comes to mind, in which they claimed they gave a warning, but after calculating it out, the last civilian warned (If done by phone), would have had a 5 minute gap between running like hell, and being caught in the blast anyways.

I haven't seen a thing that suggests the current administration has any respect for human life on ANY level.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

This has been quite an argumentover the last few days, with some ex-forces members refusing to believe it happened.

Maybe I'm cynical, but nothing about anything that happened in Iraq would surprise me.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Sorry, I must have missed that one. I was in theater at that time and watching TV wasn't too high on my list of priorities. Kinda had a few other things to concentrate on.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by noangels
Your wrong my friend,from the 1st day of this disgusting war your killing machine has targeted civillians.Your pathetic leader Bush tryed to kill Saddam when he was eating in a bagdad restraunt(incidently this act also shows Bush is not a man of his word-he gave saddm 24 hours to leave and then bombs him before that!)
He knew damm well others would be killed,but gave the go ahead.Disgusting lil druggy

So there you go sunshine.right since day one your corrupt war machine has targeted civies,and missed the main target!

Well, don't read a thread for a while and you can miss hate-filled little chestnuts of wisdom like this.

You got any sources for your story about the bombing of Saddam? Sure you just didn't get some time zones messed up?

"Corrupt war machine" targeting civilians? Well, I've already come up with sources stating the US doesn't civilians. You can choose to believe it, or go back to the Playstation. Ask Mom to trim off the crusts of your sandwiches first.

Hate filled?thats your vision my old china

Dont insult me sunshine,have some manners.If you want to be a war monger and get lucky killing muslims its no skin of my nose

If you want to come here and lie through your teeth about iraq then i will put you in your place.

I cant believe you dont know the 1st bomb dropped in this war was a miss on him killing civies!
here is the link
news.independent.co.uk...

here is another link showing another failed strike later on in the war but mentions the other miss from the 1st night of conflict

www.timesonline.co.uk...

now you can be a man and apologize,and learn some good manners

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

news.independent.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Wow, thanks for the sources. That was quick.

The sources discuss targeting a suspected bunker complex in a residential area. If you actually read the LOAC post I made, you will see that a bunker will make it a target and the military tries to keep civilian deaths to a minimum.

Doesn't say too much about giving him 24 hours and then bombing him before the time was up.

And the date of the story is 9 April 2003. Sorry, but that wasn't the "first bomb dropped" in the war. The war started 20 Mar 2003.

Better luck next time. You are a No Go at this station.

And your apology is accepted. Have a fine AFSOC day.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The kind of thing that inreases tensions has arisen again.

Israel closes Gaza crossings, blocks aid shipments

Israel tightened its closure of the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip on Friday in response to cross-border rocket fire, preventing even U.N. humanitarian supplies from getting in, officials said.

The decision came after Israel vowed to broaden its military campaign against Gaza militants who have fired more than 110 rockets at southern Israel in the last three days.

An Israeli missile strike on Friday morning killed at least one militant in the northern Gaza Strip. In the West Bank city of Nablus, Israeli troops killed a militant linked to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

Full Story

The violence will never end if both sides continue to be so intractable.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I guess I should have added the killing more civilians than terrorists part. I posted articles of that, not just cluster bombs.

And you didn't respond to anything else in that post. You didn't respond to our illegal war. Why are we there? Can you name one good reason? If you say to fight terrorism, then you're just lieing to yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Well, I,ve said this before and I'll say it again - good men and women (on all sides) are being sacrificed on the altar of bush and blairs greed and ambition.

There is no need for all these people to die.

Did bush just want to go one better than his dad, and millions of people have suffered as a result?

I wish I could talk to bush/blair 1-2-1 and ask their reasons - naive I know, because they can never give a straight, honest answer.

[edit on 18/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
they can be as proud as they wish..its all they have really. Look at it this way, the more pride they have, the more brazen they'll become and we'll sendem where they belong that much faster.

I vote for turning that area of the world, save Israel, into a glass parking lot...they do ZERO to contribute to the world in any regard. Heck they strive for a social framework of 11th century thinking anyway.....not to mention lets hear some females chime in on the whole islam thing...you should see how they are treated there...appalling.

The free world has my full support.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by blueyedevil666]

[edit on 18-1-2008 by blueyedevil666]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

...great idea. I suppose it doesn't matter that if we would leave them alone there would be no issue with us and them? It's like watching a guy pick a fight, get his ass kicked, and then blaming the guy who defended himself.

I love this country, but we really have no business forcing our opinions and views on that region.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

My memory must be hazy,you are indeed part right(shakes hand)On further reading Bush waited a few hours till after the 48 hour get out of dodge offer before trying to kill Saddam outright with the 1st missile of the campaign

I swear the BBC mentioned otherwise at the time,but google proves otherwise!

I googled your term used AFSOC,so I take it you are in the Air Force Special Operations Command.I hope your not one of those cowardly xbox with god mode on UAV flyers!

As for you saying you lot dont target civilians,thats rubbish.As long as there muslims the bully boy that the American war machine is wouldnt give a 2nd thought.That also goes for the Israel war machine,both made from the same corrupt mould

I find it very amusing that The White House wrote this on the 48 hour deadline!Iraq-Denial and Deception
I think the whole world knows who decepted who,and that term itself sounds like it came out of Mossads hand book

www.whitehouse.gov...

shame your a warmonger sunshine,perhaps in your next life you will see your errors

Kind of on topic here to the OP-I just went on Mossads english site and found it funny they boast of Planning and carrying out special operations beyond Israel’s borders
www.mossad.gov.il...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

I googled your term used AFSOC,so I take it you are in the Air Force Special Operations Command.I hope your not one of those cowardly xbox with god mode on UAV flyers!

As for you saying you lot dont target civilians,thats rubbish.As long as there muslims the bully boy that the American war machine is wouldnt give a 2nd thought.That also goes for the Israel war machine,both made from the same corrupt mould

A- exactly how is piloting a UAV cowardly? You do realize that UAVs save lives on both sides, by being able to positively ID who is who, or where the threat is located at.

George Patton-
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

B- The US absolutely does not target civilians, so I'm saying rubbish to you. Please cite one example where the target that the US was going after was a civilian(non combatant).

I find your objectivity very refreshing(warmonger, war machine, bullies, etc..)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
Please cite one example where the target that the US was going after was a civilian(non combatant).

You asked for one example. Here's two sources on one example:

US Gunship Kills Civilians[/

Unprovoked killing of Civilians with Gunship

More stories of civilians dieing:

"Clusterbomb victims overwhelmingly civilian"

I realize this is Israel, but they are our ally. Did we sanction them for this? Hopefully, but I doubt it.

IDF admits intentionally targeted civilians

These titles aren't mine... it's the media's. Imagine what's not reported...

Cluster bombs kill in Iraq even after the shooting has ended

Afghani children dieing from cluster bombs

“As war looms in Iraq, the United States should learn from the lessons of its Afghanistan air war....It should not use cluster bombs at all until the dud rate has been brought way down. At the very least, it should never use cluster bombs near inhabited towns and villages.”
Bonnie Docherty
Researcher in the Arms Division of Human Rights Watch

I can keep posting these if you want to just keep ignoring them.

*edited to fix content and quotes

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that sublime*shakes hand*

Blue your a lost cause,your beyond reasoning with.I have seen many of your post here and I know its pointless showing you anything your programed not to believe.

Anyway have a nice day and keep those blinkers tight

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I said targeting civilians(i.e. the mission planners say- let's blow up this vegetable stand, this orphanage, etc...), not civilians dying as a result of attacks against combatants. I can't watch the video right now, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot of context that is missing, that might prove more enlightening than a snapshot of a point in time without any background info. I believe we've already gone into the topic of cluster bombs, and the numbers of Iraqis reported injured/killed from them. Trying to extrapolate huge numbers of casualties, out of statements like "the main casualty of...." isn't quite telling the true story. If the statement was "the main cause of civilian casualties are cluster bombs," that would have greatly different meaning. The main cause of casualties among civilians in Iraq, is IEDs, rockets/mortars/small arms fire, and intentional murder by insurgents(either because of their Sunni/Shia status, or because they're perceived to be sympathetic to the US).

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

The problem is that I've been over there and seen things first hand, and you just regurgitate things from websites that you agree with. You're never gonna convince me with propaganda, anymore than I'm gonna convince you with reality.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Same old denial?

Try this thread

Your ability to cling to a lost argument by virtue of saying "I don't believe it so it never happened" is bush-like in its comedy value.

Ah, well - as the saying goes - "there are none so blind as those that will not see"

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Speaking of dud rates- you do know that newer cluster bombs use submunitions that disarm after a set period- I understand that older weapons present a persistent threat, which is why risk factors need to be taken into consideration when considering which weapon is optimal for attacking a target. You have to look at the pros/cons, and what the results of not using them would be as well. Regardless- I'm against unilaterally hindering our ability to end a conflict as fast as possible, and cluster bombs are a very useful tool in our quiver.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but those folks are lying sacks. I know you're not gonna take my personal experience as evidence, as you've already formed your opinion though.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ok, so other iraq veterans are liars and only you know the truth.

Hmmmmmm 'k.

That's a level of arrogance that is truly breathtaking - what you are basically saying is that only you know what goes on, over every square inch of iraqi territory and no-one else does.

Right.

[edit on 23/1/2008 by budski]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join