It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star saturday night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
weeman: you saw sirious, brightest object in the sky
triplesod: you saw saturn. and for your info, the width of your fist verticle against the horizon is approximately 10 degrees.

LAX: you saw venus, when planets move west it's called retrograde motion

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is an interactive Sky Chart that will Simulate a naked-eye view of the sky from any location on Earth, at any time of day or night, on any date from 1600 to 2400.

Click on "Observing" at the end of the page.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by kinglizard]

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Um, I saw it tonight. I figured it was the International Space Station.

LAX

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
thanks for the information.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
Um, I saw it tonight. I figured it was the International Space Station.

www.heavens-above.com...

to see when the ISS flys over you

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
wow this sounds a lot similar to what i had witnessed around 2 months ago. it did seem much too bright to be a far off star or planet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
weeman: you saw sirious, brightest object in the sky
triplesod: you saw saturn. and for your info, the width of your fist verticle against the horizon is approximately 10 degrees.

LAX: you saw venus, when planets move west it's called retrograde motion

Thanks for the info Keen Kidder.

I am positive it was far too bright white to be a planet but by the sounds of it, you are much more knowledgable on the subject than myself, so I will take your word for it.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkidthe width of your fist verticle against the horizon is approximately 10 degrees.

Is it still English???

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by triplesod]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I live in cali. and I see a nice bright planet every night to the west of me. My guess is that it's venus and nothin else. Believe me I've stared at it long enough one night to know that it wasn't a ship of any kind.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weeman
Saturday night I was outside at about 8:00 and I looked to the south and I saw a really bright star. I have never noticed this one before and it cought my eye because of how bright it was and only a few stars were out by that time. I checked to make sure it wasnt a plane, but it did not move at all. Now tonight i was looking for it again but it is gone. It is very weird and hard to explain how bright this thing actually was. hmm maybe not brightness but the size. It was south and i live in NY about 45 degrre above horizon

you know something i know exactly what you are talking about b/c i saw it too around the same time. I also thought it was to bright to be star

top topics

<< 1   >>

join