It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are alien greys really that frail (physically)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
By the way, who is Major Corso? ...

Hi Beachcoma. I was pondering about the national geographic article too...good thread.

You can check-out Corso at wikipedia.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
Nice post,

I think aliens that developed in high gravity would have to be bigger and stronger than us to move around. I think the smaller species might come from planets with lower gravity than Earth.
Mind you when Major Corso discusses the dissection of the grey aliens he says they have very lightweight bones that are very strong as if they were designed or evolved to resist very high g forces in spaceflight.
There are reports of giant races as well as smaller ones.

The science is there I read an article sometime ago on the physical affects of space flight has on astronauts (I believe it was Time magazine). Anyway, The article described how astronauts bones begin to weaken and muscles lose strength. In my opinion science can explain why greys look they way they are. Now about their skin pigmentation maybe a lack of blood circulation not sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
There's one possibility I can think of for this. Perhaps they've continued their evolution in space. Low gravity would explain the neck, low light would explain those massive eyes.

That is completely where I was headed as well. Additionally, the chances of life from another planet evolving as a bipedal humanoid type creature is pretty slim. I say the chances are better that, if they exist, these types of "aliens" are actually humans - maybe ancient in origin or humans from the future - who have evolved in space and have either come back to earth from a journey or who have mastered time travel and have traveled to the past in order to conduct some sort of genetic, environmental or social experimentation.

Wow, this might be the weirdest single post I have ever made on ATS!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I dont recall where I read this (might have been an interview with Colonel Corso) but the idea behind Greys was this...

They were genetically created for space travel by another race. Think of them as robotic probes like the ones we send to Mars all the time. Its a safer means of exploring for us and likely why the greys are used as well.

The Greys have no sexual organs because they were never meant to reproduce themselves as a sentient species. If their alien masters need more they simply clone or copy them

So in essence, Greys are an organic type of robot used to explore for some other alien race. Their appearance therefore would be genetically created to do well in space I would guess.

My question if I ever got the chance would be if these Greys are sentient beings. And if so, wow the ramifications of that answer would be mindblowing. A race capable of creating another sentient life form seems god-like.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I remember reading a study done where scientists determined that there would probably be some common traits amongst all sentient beings. Being bipedal was one assumed common trait as was opposable thumbs.

It had some interesting points like why dolphins while quite intelligent will never build a civilization and we could.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I disagree with the smaller planet smaller life form theory. It would stand to reason that more gravity would cause for a smaller person. Consider what would happen if one of us were to grow up in more gravity. We would probably grow up shorter and stronger than we are now.

I read in a magazine many years ago that speculated that the fall of a T-Rex would be fatal given its height. Considering this, a shorter person would be favored in evolution on a planet with more gravity.

I found this thread doing a search for vertebrate, because I have pondered for a long time where these guys come from. They resemble us and terrestrial life too much for our species not to have a common ancestor, unless they are genetically modified using an earth based animal as a template. Nonetheless there would be a relation.

My personal opinion is leaning towards a common ancestor. Would it have been possible for a cloistered species to evolve, thousands of years ago? Master space travel at very high velocity(near light speed), leave earth, only to come back to it, to find their species extinct on their planet of origin, and taken over by a relative species,(sounds a bit like planet of the apes but different). We have moved pretty fast with technology in the past couple hundred years. How long would it take for a group of intelligent animals to do this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join