It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and India agree closer ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

China and India agree closer ties

news.bbc.co.uk

China and India have pledged to increase economic and military ties following an official visit by Indian PM Manmohan Singh to Beijing.

Mr Singh and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao signed a broad agreement to expand trade between their countries to $60bn (£30bn) by 2010.

The leaders also agreed to cooperate on further joint military exercises.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Greater trade, greater military co-operation in the 2 fastest growing economies in the world.

IMO this is what the US and UK should be doing - protecting their economies and forging ties with other countries, instead of embarking on one foreign adventure after another, otherwise these guys will just leave us behind, as they concentrate on brcoming even bigger world players.

Europe, the US and Japan have had it their own way for too long, and if we don't wake up we will be left behind.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
An interesting development, but I don't think it'll stop the Chinese and the Indians from being suspicious of one another. They've had numerous little clashes in the past and in the future they'll probably be the two most bitter competitors for trade and influence with the rest of the world.

We might be heading back to a multi-polar world, with three top dogs by the end of the century (the US, India and China).

[edit on 14/1/08 by Ste2652]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

I'm not sure the US will last that long if they don't change their way of doing business.
I really hope I'm wrong as they're a major trading partner and ally.

When posting the story, I had little idea of how much of this was spin, and how much real, but any co-operation on a large scale could mean a lot of economic pressure on the west.

top topics

join