It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls Age 3 Hitting Puberty : Hormones In Food and Water to Blame

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Evolution?
Well exposure to Estrogen has a cardioprotective aspect to it...women entering menopause lose it. But the consequence of longer exposure is increased breast cancer rates....but then are we getting better at detection and diagnosis as opposed to a real increase in breast cancer?
And the other question is Evolution...what would the advantage be to having all young women and all old men have? Unless us old men will die shoveling all the snow from Global Cooling...or is it Climate Change? And the young will rule the Earth...no one older than 40...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I had a point browser froze and i lost it .

Something about people living longer now with no real medical treatment or something . sorry i will try to get a reply up lol

DCP

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If girls are hitting puberty earlier, wouldn't that be a sign of evolution. Why it happens doesn't really matter the bottom line is that the human spices is evolving.

webster.com...
evolution

1: one of a set of prescribed movements2 a: a process of change in a certain direction : unfolding b: the action or an instance of forming and giving something off : emission c (1): a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state : growth (2): a process of gradual and relatively peaceful social, political, and economic advance d: something evolved3: the process of working out or developing4 a: the historical development of a biological group (as a race or species) : phylogeny b: a theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations; also : the process described by this theory5: the extraction of a mathematical root6: a process in which the whole universe is a progression of interrelated phenomena

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is old news, at least 20 years old.
Apparently people posting in this thread have zero knowledge of history.

A hundred years ago people were married and baring children at 13,
the man of the house most likely died by age 36. There were times
when every child in the house died of flu, pox, etc.

King tut was married and producing offspring at 13.

The age of consent laws in most states of the US went from 12 and 13 to
17 and 18 in only the last fifteen years. I think New Mexico was still at 13
up until just a few years ago. The less populous the state, and therefore
the less young mothers on welfare, the lower the age of consent.

Until recently that is, you know with internet pervs taking flights to take advantage of the local laws.

There's absolutely no proof that anything in the food is causing this, simply because its not a rampant thing. Take any junior high class and you will find kinds in various stages of development. There was a third or fourth grader at my daughters school who was growing breasts, but none of the 80 or so other girls were. Along with her breasts apparently came sexual curiosity, I saw her chasing boys into the boys bathroom.
One boy walked out, maybe third grade, and said "You are such a ho", I laughed.

I remember the first day of eighth grade gym class, 1983(?), only about 20% of the girsl grew breasts over the summer, the rest had to wait a year, or four.
Man, the eighties big hair and the world's ugliest clothes.

Studies show that inner city life increases the onset of puberty, the stress and expectations of their peers apparently causes this. When i was a ghetto child I was having sex, or trying to at least, at eight. What do you think the other millions of children with no supervision between 2:45 PM and whenever their parents show
up are doing? Yeah, don't think about it.

As for young girls looking better now than when you were in school, has nothing to do with premature development and a lot to do with fashion. Girls with less than an A cup are wearing bras that give them a B cup. The current fashion is thongs and pants that ride just above their pubis.

Clothing can make a huge impact on how a person looks.

As for that story of the five year old giving birth. WTF?!?!
That is sick beyond sick.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I believe the story. And I think it could be related to soy baby formulas. Don't expect the AMA, Archer Daniels Midland or MSM to agree with this though.
Here's an interesting article in Mothering Magazine
www.mothering.com...

A crucial time for the programming of the human reproduction system is right after birth-the very time when bottles of soy formula are given to many non-breastfed babies. Normally during this period, the body surges with natural estrogens, testosterones, and other hormones that are meant to program the baby's reproductive development from infancy through puberty and into adulthood. For infants on soy formula, this programming may be interrupted

Soy formula is bad news for girls as well. Natural estrogen levels approximately double during the first month of life, then decline and remain at low levels until puberty. With increased estrogens in the environment in the diet, an alarming number of girls are entering puberty much earlier than normal.80-82 One percent of girls now show signs of puberty, such as breast development or pubic hair, before the age of three. By the age of eight, 14.7 percent of Caucasian girls and 48.3 percent of African American girls had one or both of these characteristics.83 The fact that blacks experience earlier puberties than whites is not a racial difference but a recent phenomenon.84, 85

Please see the above article for the corresponding scientific/medical footnotes.

A website on the dangers of soy
www.soyonlineservice.co.nz...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
When I saw this come up I thought: Oh, phthalates of course.

To think this has anything to do with evolution is utter ignorance; it has to do with pathologic adaption if any.

After doing a few searches it might not be that amazing (that the suggestion of phthalates hasn't been up in the thread yet), it's hardly an issue, widely unregulated, in the US.

For the concern of public health it really should be.

In the EU it has been an issue debated for 20+yrs, widely researched and regulated for more than a decade.

Since the 80s the debate on the issue has been fierce in Europe. The suspecion is that phthalates, generally used as 'softeners' in PVC plastics, act as mimic estrogen, i.e. acts and replicates like a female hormone, which in turn has been linked to underdeveloped male genitals and the formation of breast growth in boys.

My search showed that Canada too take it as a serious health issue, with established limits on how much of this substance is allowed into food. The US only has an advisory limit for the stuff in drinking water, as far as I found out.

First of all you should be concerned about in children's toys --especially if made in China!-- as oral contact with such is dominant.

The mechanic by which they work in PVC is to let polymers of the material slide freely across eachother, so it doesn't break or crack. The backpart of this technic is that the phthalates are not a molecular part of the PVC. I.e. they easily slip out.

The worst single and most heavy impact are medical tubing, packs and life supporting gadgets as pumps, vents, etc. While they do a lot of efforts to substitute phthalates in all kind of household gears, little to nothing is done in medic gear. Due to a heavy monopoly I would guess.

The most common exposure we get from food wrapped in plastic film. Ever noticed a cheese kept for a longer time in such, the film is partly dissolved by the fat of the cheese ...and we eat it. Yes, we eat a lot of it, and what doesn't get inside us is left in the enviroment, waiting to enter the food chain.

This is just one of the tens of thousands of chemicals entering our enviroment, with little known to unknown effects on health and enviroment. I suspect on this issue, female maturity, it could be part of the reason in combination with all the other chlorated carbon based materials we're surrounded by. Many of them from plastic to pesticies has this mimic endrogen effect.

This, and has been suggested, the residues from billions of pills being peed out in the enviroment, makes up an extreemly endrogen one, where it should be no wonder strange things are happenning.

Links

www.reference.com...

www.cancer.ca...

www.phthalates.org...

ntp.niehs.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Nice Post! I have been following this for quite a few years and it just seems obvious that things like this are happening and the proper measures are not being taken to prevent it.

I am attaching a link to some additional info I posted about similar accounts back in 2004. It is older, but contains some studies and good info on this subject. Goes to show that it has been occuring for a long time and continues.

ATS Link to post with multiple sources in similar cases

Good Topic - flagged

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This is actually a repeat of something that happened over 20 years ago in Italy I think. It was even on a TV programme here in the UK.
It was about 7 and 8 year old children going into early puberty and the cause found was the injections given to young beef bulls to make them age and grow faster.
Its probably just the same thing

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
There are loads of steroids in foods such as milk because farmers give the cows steroids to increase their utter size and so on, therefore producing more milk. Sometimes the utters with grow so large that they cannot walk and their legs rot from under them.

All in all there is a plethora of nasty chemicals in about everything we eat.

That is why I try to stay with organic.

[edit on 15/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Tampon makers get 7 years of extra sales in tampons.

more money...yippeeee...for them...

i think they do this on purpose....

Why don't you people stop the food lobby from adding all these chemicals instead of watching pop idol and britney spears all day?

why do you keep re-electing the corrupt senators bought by Big pharma and the food lobby OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

WHY?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
Sounds like evolution to me . As much as i hate the government i expect to see people advancing way earlier than there years over the next 50 years.

How could this be, if your DNA is just like everyone elses, and it states, "build to this spec and size at this time and era"?

So 4,000 years ago, humans were basicly the same as they are now in appearance, and identical anatomically. No major anatomic changes have occured since men became men ..

Therefore I do not see the human race physically evolving as you guys are phrasing it, into something we'd consider a 'superhuman', even if only because they go through puberty 10 years earlier than normal. I do however have to say yes, the stuff they put in our food and drink, at least in the United States, is leading to people going through puberty at increasingly earlier and earlier times.

I'm 25, but when I was 13, I was one of the only boys in my class who didnt have tons of leg hair and armpit hair. There was nothing wrong with me. I can only imagine if the rate of change has been consistent, kids would be getting full armpit hair at 10 years old?

And girls, they're getting older looking at younger and younger ages, it's not just me or anyone else being a pervert, its nothing of the sort. they are literally sprouting sooner, soto speak, than what is normal. It is the geneticly modified food and drink, we do not know every little detail conserning it obviously, and something is causing these weird effects.

I wonder what else it causes .. cancer, alzheimers, parkinsons, arthritis?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
first you have to find some facts on how often this actually occurs, and i think you'll find its rare that someone enters puberty below 10. (ie 1 in 1000 or whatever the figure is, but it'll be rare)

the hyothalamus is like a switch which "activates" the pituitary gland to produce hormones during puberty at the approx age of 12 - 14 as we know but we also know some enter early, some late.

then theres other rare occurances where someone enters puberty very early, or not at all, some guys have 47xxy syndrome which is approx 1 in 1000, all of these mainly due to genetic abnormalities.

these abnormalities *could* be caused by chemicals in plastics and such, its really not a proven fact but is suspected to be the result of pollutants of some type damaging dna.

im not sure about where you live, but in Aus chickens have not been fed hormones in over 20 years. Yes, they are given antibiotics but this prevents them getting sick so they can grow to their maximum. jt does not directly cause the chook to have accelerated growth.

if it was in food then we would see there was several cases in every class of every school, since most city dwellers have similar food sources.

[edit on 15/1/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Remember guys, the sun is a tabloid, but if true, do not know what to say.

Its true. Like posted above from another user, this isn't really news. But it hasn't really hit the mainstream media's for good yet.

Originally posted by Mindless
Sounds like evolution to me . As much as i hate the government i expect to see people advancing way earlier than there years over the next 50 years.

Edit: I also fail to see the downside here . (but I'm a man i guess)

Definately not evolution. This happens for loads of children, not just a few. And for that to happen through evolution, it would take several generations for the faulty gene(s) to be 'normal' (Look up on "Genetic drift").

And on the downside, it results in children that aren't no where near fully developed when they enter puberty. This results in dosens of physical development flaws, such as extreme low height and under-undeveloped brain and muscles.

One thing that is interesting, is that american children seems to go into puberty a few years earlier than european children. This has been related to the fact, that growth hormones are banned in livestocks food in Europe, but not in US. But I dont know if there's been a clear connection between these two things.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great post and information Donttreadonme and Khunmoon. It was good to see two Subject Matter Experts (and one from my home state no less!). I knew that the Soy containing products do have an estrogenic effect, but I never though about it in the Soy Baby Formulas. I have started read the two links provided and it seems pretty solid.
As for the Phthalates - this is a newer theory for me. I read the cancer.ca link (which I have gone to before for different reasons so I trust it) and this following paragraph says it all.

In laboratory animals, some phthalates have been associated with liver abnormalities including tumours, as well as fertility problems. Some phthalates may act as endocrine disruptors. There are many different types of phthalates, and they have different uses and may affect human health in different ways.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As an endocrine disruptor, it may either turn on or off certain functions - and possibly turn ON the Estrogen to start the development earlier in life.

As for the odds of this happening...I will go on a limb and say that the numbers aren't tallied. How many pediatricians are calling the AMA or Government with the numbers of children they see and how many are starting puberty early? This data can probably be mined out with some time though.

I still think the impact of the food supply being contaminated (on purpose) and the water supply being contaminated (drug wash off) are the primary culprits, but Phthalates and Soy may contribute too...time to read some more.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How about a scarier thought.
"Prevolution".

A wholistic idea that the mass of humanity in total senses in some way a large reduction in population, and recognizes a need to re-populate. Or senses most will die earlier than in the past.
Just a thought to throw in your "grey basket".

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Food additives and plastics don't explain the 1933 case, especially in Peru where I highly doubt they started getting treated beef until late in the last century.

The only reason there looks like there is an increase is because the world now records much more information than it did in previous times in history.

The medical records for billions of people who have lived and died don't exist.
Therefor we don't know how many girls entered puberty at age 8 in say 1,000 BC
or 500 BC, or 500 AD, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

Dare I ask about the idea of Prevolution...would you think from infectious disease, extraplanetary means (comet, asteroid), natural disaster (earthquake, typhoon, etc)?

And yes, legalizer, there have been natural cases of precocious puberty, and yes, with more people, there will be more...BUT...50% of African Amerian girls starting puberty by 8 years old has to be more than it was 50 plus years ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by harddrive21
BUT...50% of African Amerian girls starting puberty by 8 years old has to be more than it was 50 plus years ago.

Do we have proof of this?
Did anyone care about African Americans 50 years ago?
No they segregated schools, medical facilities, buses, and all public spaces.

Fifty years ago they had other names for African Americans, and none of them were nice.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey Legalizer - check page 1 of the thread, and look at the livescience article I posted - Is the Journal Pediatrics good enough for you? And please leave racist remarks off this thread. There are issues in America with race, have been and will be (hopefully not for long) - but leave it at the door. The comment about what "they" were called 50 years ago is out of line.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join