It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something coming?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
lately i've been paying attention to what has been being broadcast on television. Everyday since 2008 started tv networks have been playing movies and shows that have to deal with aliens. I mean close encounters of the tird kind has been playing for a week straight. . the history channel has gotten in on the action as well. I was even watching tthe news and aliens where brought up.
Is this the way that they are trying to prepare us for disclosure or is there a nothing reason for all of this?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The increased frequency of UFO related programming may indicate a plan for disclosure, but don't hold your breath. Hollywood has been desensitizing us for years about the existence of ETs and UFOs. The phenomena has a real grip on pop culture. Look how Orson Wells broadcast of War of the Worlds tested those waters in the 1930s.

I would like to see a disclosure, but whether that happens remains to be seen. Like many posters here conclude, it will come out a little at a time, or by whatever means the people in control of the media choose to divulge information to the public. Until that time, find your own answers.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i think it's most possible anywhere betwwen now and the next hundred years.

I belive there will be a disclosure or meeting between many different races here on earth when we begin to start manipulating our genetic structure to make "improvements"

like improved memory or longevity

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
Look how Orson Wells broadcast of War of the Worlds tested those waters in the 1930s.

That's a flawed comparison. War Of The Worlds simulated an invasion happening at the time of the broadcast. If the goverment disclosed today, I dont think they'll say is "This is full disclosure people. Aliens do exist. Oh yeah and they've wiped out 99% of our armies and we are all about to die. Questions?"

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think u hit the nail on the head!!! not to mention the other following movies that deal with Aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Alien Factor Donald M. Dohler Don Leifert, Tom Griffith, Richard Dyszel Flag of the United States
The Boys from Brazil Franklin J. Schaffner Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier, James Mason Flag of the United States
Capricorn One Peter Hyams Elliott Gould, James Brolin, Brenda Vaccaro Flag of the United States
The Cat from Outer Space Norman Tokar Ken Berry, Sandy Duncan, Harry Morgan Flag of the United States
Invasion of the Body Snatchers Philip Kaufman Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams, Leonard Nimoy Flag of the United States [14]
Laserblast Michael Rae Kim Milford, Gianni Russo, Ron Masak Flag of the United States
Message from Space Kinji Fukasaku Vic Morrow, Sonny Chiba, Philip Casnoff Flag of Japan
Superman Richard Donner Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Christopher Reeve Flag of the United Kingdom Flag of the United States [15]
Warlords of Atlantis

Originally posted by out there20
lately i've been paying attention to what has been being broadcast on television. Everyday since 2008 started tv networks have been playing movies and shows that have to deal with aliens. I mean close encounters of the tird kind has been playing for a week straight. . the history channel has gotten in on the action as well. I was even watching tthe news and aliens where brought up.
Is this the way that they are trying to prepare us for disclosure or is there a nothing reason for all of this?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

Eh is that just random films or films showing now somewhere? There's been ALOT more alien films than that, like... Aliens

Personally I believe in supply and demand. After new years its all about prophecies for the coming year (since the world didnt end) and if people want aliens, people will get aliens. TV stations get viewers and the $$$ keep rolling in. So something is coming alright. More alien films. Cause you think something is coming.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That's a flawed comparison. War Of The Worlds simulated an invasion happening at the time of the broadcast.

Sure that was a simulated invasion. It was done in such a fashion that most of the listeners couldn't tell if it was real or not. Even those who heard the disclaimers that it was a perfomance of the H.G. Welles classic were caught up in the hysteria as much as those who tuned in late. Plus, back then, the radio was the primary media outlet. I think that incident, and there were other subsequent broadcasts of the show that resulted in similar reactions both here and abroad, are a good gauge people's reactions.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

Well I disagree that its a good "gauge" of anything. Replace the aliens with the armed forces of any nation and you'd probably have gotten similar response. In the US its hard to make this comparison, but imagine if French radios in the early 30's would have started broadcasting that the Germans was invading and killing every single person in sight? Widespread panic would be the least of the peoples worries if the military took it serious too, lol.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by merka]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'd like to introduce an idea here.

Crazy people all around the world, with nothing else linking them together besides their being confused believe there are things in broadcast signals. Some express it as "television communicating with them".

Don't take me wrong. I'm not calling the author crazy here.

It's my theory that this phonomenon happeds because the "crazy" people start "seeing" a form of consciousness known as the "collective conscious" mind, but because the crazy people are confused they can't see that it isn't something directed at their personal consciousness and understanding.

Personally I've been able to see many things "coming down the pipeline" of reality via reading of collective consciousness all around us.

Perhaps what the author is introducing is a higher understanding in conscious mind rather then the personal consciousness level. Perhaps the author has be able to read something into the collective mindset.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by out there20

Short answer: It's not preparation for disclosure.

Slightly longer answer: UFO shows get relatively decent audiences from males of a certain prime advertising demographic, and are generally cheap to produce, since UFO sightings are generally not copyrighted and no fees have to be paid to anyone.

Also, I'm personally of the opinion that there is no good way to "prepare" anybody for disclosure, and that disclosure itself is a flawed concept that implies the revelation of some ultimate truth, but which in any form would in actuality only lead to more questions and calls for more disclosure. So it can never be attained.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm just stating my opinion of what i have noticed lately. I mean it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. I have been into this subject matter for a few years now, and no i don't think the television is talking to me.

It's just there is so much conjecture in the ufo field about the year 2008, it's just seems to me that something or some people who control the media oulets(who are the same people who meet with these secret elites) are implimenting a plan to saturate the public with these images in hopes that when they do let the cat out of the bag, We don't have a war of the worlds broadcast repeat.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by out there20]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I don't live in the US, so I don't really know what's going on, but don't you guys have a writers strike over there? I'd say the UFO shows are cheap to produce and have good rerun value... Just my theory anyway.

new topics

top topics

join