It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi, I am a new member of this Forum and wanted to tell you about some kind of ufo sighting that I experienced.

My wife and I live just outside Glasgow in Scotland. While out walking on a cloudless summer June day 3 years ago we saw an object best described as a rectangular shape that looked like a black metalic 6" ruler, if held at arms lenght, floating horizontally about 1000 ft in the sky above and in front of us. We watched it for around 20 minutes hovering stationary in the sky, then it then slowly folded in the middle to form an inverted V shape and rapidly and soundlessly accelerated away from us until it became too small to see.

When we got home we later listened to the 6 pm news on our local radio station and could not understand why people had not reported this unusual event, as we were sure that hundreds of people must have seen it.There was no coverage in the national newspapers the following day either.

Given the exceptionally clear viewing conditions, I am convinced that any cable tethering a balloon ( ? ) that had snapped, would have been very visible, not to mention the dangers of flying such a balloon at that height so close to Glasgow Airport which is less than 10 miles away as the crow flies.

Just my personal experience, and I wondered if any of the members of the forum had any thoughts on this ?

[edit on 14-1-2008 by enddays]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by enddays
Hi, I am a new member of this Forum and wanted to tell you about some kind of ufo sighting that I experienced.

My wife and I live just outside Glasgow in Scotland. While out walking on a cloudless summer June day 3 years ago we saw an object best described as a rectangular shape that looked like a black metalic 6" ruler, if held at arms lenght, floating horizontally about 1000 ft in the sky above and in front of us. We watched it for around 20 minutes hovering stationary in the sky, then it then slowly folded in the middle to form an inverted V shape and rapidly and soundlessly accelerated away from us until it became too small to see.

When we got home we later listened to the 6 pm news on our local radio station and could not understand why people had not reported this unusual event, as we were sure that hundreds of people must have seen it.There was no coverage in the national newspapers the following day either.

Given the exceptionally clear viewing conditions, I am convinced that any cable tethering a balloon ( ? ) that had snapped, would have been very visible, not to mention the dangers of flying such a balloon at that height so close to Glasgow Airport which is less than 10 miles away as the crow flies.

Just my personal experience, and I wondered if any of the members of the forum had any thoughts on this ?

[edit on 14-1-2008 by enddays]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I know that I am a new member to ATS and this was my first post, but surely at least one member could have replied to my post with a comment ? All the regular posters are perhaps a bit used to noobs, but I feel that potential new Members will be put off from joining ATS if they are treated as I was.

Just my thoughts

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
hey man sorry nobody took the time to respond to the OP...i dont deny what you saw wasnt a real spacecraft....Ive seen things which i cant really explain either...not to long ago me and friend were outside smoking staring into the night sky like we always do hoping to see anything out of the ordinary...then suddenly and object appeared,it was long and had only two lights,they didnt blink and one light was brighter then the other,as we kept watching the object looked like it dropped ablue ball right from the back of it...i instantly jumped up and was ready to run...i thought maybe it had dropped a bomb in the sky..it was a giant blue flash...then the craft keept going at the same pace until we didnt see it ne more...ive seen plenty of angels in the night sky...they only come if god allows them too...these are what some people think are ufo's but there really angels.

top topics

join