It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary: Top 100 quotes out of Christian chatrooms/fora

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have to seriously ask, what is worse, reading the top 100 quotes from a Christian chatroom, which are borne out of spiritual immaturity and ignorance or, observing the actions throughout the world, and our own society from the mind and hands of educated fools?

Words are one thing, but actions are something that can not be reversed too easily. I have always said that the smarter men become the more dangerous times become. Higher education is not always a sign of intelligence, especially when you look at the product of what some of these supposed highly educated fools have accomplished and how it is played out in our world and society.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hello,

I have to say that those are mostly from people that don't have a clue as to what the bible says. And some of those are pure speculation into what the word of God doesn't say for example, i don't believe that satan perverted monkeys, i believe all sin has effected creation but who's to say how for the bible just explains that we all live under a curse. We can take ourselves for example, every person on this planet has a capacity for good and in their life they struggle to perform on a daily basis to be good but unfortunately we fall short of that goal constantly. There are people around the globe that violate that intended nature and pervert themselves to be totally evil, people like hitler or saddam hussein, rapists and serial killers. The theme of the Bible is love and to have compassion we are instructed to Love your neighbor, do good to those that hate you etc...

You can find fundamentalists in every aspect of life. Its not fair to assume that the posts of a few radicalists sums up the very nature of christianity. There are millions of christians around the globe that love their fellow man, that help their neighbors when they're down, give to the poor, help the sick and travel the globe to improve the quality of life and preach life and give love. I can totally understand that a lot of what they say is disturbing but also keep in mind you're seeing one section of a discussion and not the whole discussion, bits and pieces of just about any conversation can be taken out of context easily.

One of the things i've learned from the word is to not be quick to judge and slow to anger. The last place you want to be is in a position where you are casting judgement on your fellow man knowing we all screw up from time to time give people the benefit of the doubt i'm sure in one point in everyones lifetime we were a fundamentalist in thoughts,ideas or words, when it becomes actions thats when it becomes scary.

Keeper

<< 4  5  6   >>

join