It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary: Top 100 quotes out of Christian chatrooms/fora

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by malganis

I bet
atheists do not
spew hate remarks either, huh?
Anyone smell a troll?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
lol, hate remarks, of course. Did you even read the OP and see how ridiculous it was? Maybe you could keep on topic and explain how the chat-room comments made any sense then?

And don't try and get the board behind you like that, i've been here long enough for people to know that i'm not a troll.

-And for the record, i'm not even an Athiest, i'd say I was agnostic. I just don't come out with statements that make me look like an idiot.

[edit on 15/1/2008 by malganis]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

I am sorry to have let you see it with out warning.
My apology,
I just wanted to show that we human are for sure less develop then certain animal, despite where we really come from.

Sorry again.

Kacou.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What a great thread! Havent laughed so much in ages!
So if God made man in his image he must have had an off day!
BUT HES PERFECT so...is god a redneck too? Have to check that out with my local dog-collered pedophile priest...
or as my hero Bill Hicks said (pretending to be God)
"shouldnt have smoked that joint on the Third Day!"
so seriously there are Muslims as silly as this and examples in every denomination, Atheists too.
The answer is tolerence and education for all, especially for babies committing sins in the womb...
(she thought it was kicking, I bet it was bishop bashing, jacking off lol lol)

I cant stop laughing, sorry, FORGIVE ME!

That poor closet gay kid suiciding was the saddest thing though.
Another life ruined by ignorance, thank God for ATS.
(except I am an athiest) so thanks Simon the GREY.

and of course the OP, I so needed this, made my year, no decade!
thanks XyZeR!!!

[edit on 15-1-2008 by aussiespeeder]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

But I don't have a problem with you, and you don't have a problem with me, and if we realize that, we can be friends.

"They" would be those I had posted from the atheist website that want to "Destroy" ALL Religions "They" would be Richard Dawkins website blaming "Faith" for the reason Benazir Bhutto was killed in a rather unsavory essay that Faith should be removed from our language.

"They" would be any antagonist to Christianity

To be more specific

- Con

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

How many of the examples conspiriology gave you see here in ATS?

Need more here is why atheist insist on believing we are "Brainwashed"

Religion is a Mind Virus
atheismblog.blogspot.com...

See Quote below:

"Now we’re really turning the believer’s classic picture of the world on its head. We’re trying to propagate the atheism meme so its spreads through the population to supplant the religious ones. They say that you’re corrupted by sin when doubts about God creep in and threaten to destroy your faith. The priests, rabbis, preachers, and evangelical believers want you to surround yourself with believers, to only read their religious texts, and to purge all non-religious thoughts and activities from your life. That’s all necessary to optimize the growing conditions for the parasite in the Petri dish of your mind. If it’s dark, ignorant, intolerant, and fearful in there, it’ll take over and infect your children, your neighbors, and your politicians (#, it’s too late already!) But it’s not really your corrupt nature and sin that’s keeping you from unity with God, it’s seductive religious ideas that have been selected through cultural evolution for maximal effectiveness, or rather, maximal infectiousness. The religious ideas would co-opt your ability to employ your powers of reason, they encourage you to doubt your own abilities. They have wound their way so deeply into the minds of its hosts, they can no longer even imagine life without believing. Imagine that those billions of years of evolution produced this human organism with so much potential to do so many remarkable things, but the vulnerability of their minds to religious infections derailed them and took over the whole race. The real sin would be to recognize what’s going on and to not say anything. The best thing you could do for humanity would be to try to reason them back to intellectual liberation."

They actually believe this "stuf" and Dawkins suggests a similar memeplex.

How they can believe this is kind of thing shows us exactly how hard it is for them to understand why we believe in God.

Now WE have something showing their staggering intellect and their alleged superior grasp of science.

Atheists, earths answer to the borg is all I can tell

- Con

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
The two posts that immediately followed yours. Do you find comfort in those? The peace and acceptance displayed there?

they don't scare me as much as they make me hang my head in shame...
well, the second one not as much. it's just a statement that we'd be better off if the moronically religious weren't pulling the strings of power... nothing about killing them. just about how things would be better if they didn't have the unbalanced say that they have.

I've encountered morons of every race, color, and religion.

They all scare me.

yes, but when otherwise normal/good people (like you) outright reject reality (i'm talking about the concrete scientific theory of evolution) on the basis of a bronze age text, it scares me quite a bit.

i think religious people do good things
i think non-religious people do good things
i think both also do bad things
but someone else put the point i was going to try to make best

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
Steven Weinberg

that's what scares me.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
yes, but when otherwise normal/good people (like you) outright reject reality (i'm talking about the concrete scientific theory of evolution) on the basis of a bronze age text, it scares me quite a bit.

Nah. I reject the THEORY of Darwinian evolution based on the fossil records documenting the Cambrian Explosion and the unlikelihood that such a large number of novel species could be generated according to a theory that handles MICROEVOLUTION, but not MACROEVOLUTION to the point of creating a novel species.

See now I could call you out for worshipping at the feet of Darwin like much of the scientific community, unwilling to even consider the shortcomings of his theory...but hell I don't even know why you believe what you do and I would be loathe to make a huge judgement regarding your intelligence based upon this conversation.

And as for this mockery of logic:

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
Steven Weinberg

This is such a rickety shack of logic that I won't even take the time to huff and puff at it. You should be ashamed to post such drivel, madness. You're better than that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, what your findings show me, OP, is that there is massive ignorance out there. I found the comment about the girl with mental disabilities rather amuzing. Sins committed while in the womb?
Really? Some people's theology is really twisted.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I agree, I laughed my head off at that. It is a shame that people are so blind as to not see something so obvious that they have to invent an imaginary "girlfriend" to explain things.
I think regardless of religion you would have to agree that these people need some sort of mental help to some degree. Scary that some people think this way still.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
wow that was so scary that i couldnt read anymore after saying that it was the womans fault for being raped and its ok to be sexually gratified by a baby?
is this wat they really talk about with eachother? if so we should all be scared - i'd rather go to hell than heaven if this is how they act.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamasita
is this wat they really talk about with eachother?

Absolutely.

As a Presbyterian we usually bring a bunch of babies to sodomize together, but I know Baptists only sodomize babies in small groups.

And don't get me started about Methodists and the way they sodomize babies! Ha!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I hope someone has already pointed out that these are just idiots, not a true representation of Christians over-all.. God, I hope not. Most I would hope are like me who don't believe in a flat earth, deserving rape victims, or babys committing sins in the womb! OMG!

I didn't realize how incredibly stupid people could be until I read this. Did you catch the one about the person who doesn't believe in gravity???? This really makes you wonder about the state of the world... or could it be more? Could this relfect itself actually on the state of education in the US? I mean, how did these people get so stupid?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Evolution has its place but it will make home schooling a lot more attractive if they keep ID out of schools I can assure you that is how Christians will deal with it.

- Con

For you to speak for all Christians is pretty bold. Well here is one who fully believes in evolution as does most of his friends Christian, Muslim, and even a few Buddhists., and would pull my kid out if there started teaching creation, because it is not based in any fact. Its based on a book written by men to that one teaches (more new testament ) a way of life and how to live it. Love thy Neighbor etc. and has some historical fact and explanation of people who did not know of Dinosaurs and Universes etc. Its is what MAN has said the word of God is. I like to give GOD more credit then that.

Now can GOD be seen in evolution ,in the the big bang, in Multiverses, Parallel dimensions I think you can make an argument there.

As I have stated in many threads I do not think people give God enough credit. It seems like it would be easy to wave the magic GOD wand and create life, here I will create life but make the DNA 99% the same to really screw with ya. So it looks like we all came from the same tree of life and most of the evidence will prove this, but.. I want you to believe something else that makes no sense when presented with the evidence.

OR Could it perhaps be that GOD is much more complex, with a system of laws and mathematics, that when one thing does this, another does this in a complex system or life. That sound much more genius to me. Remember there are whole galaxies colliding with each other planets exploding, Suns dying. To think we trump these things in GODs eyes, seems rather Vain (not that you are saying that) and what do they say about Vanity? lol

But thats for a different thread. =) Hi jack is now complete, Breaking in the cock pit and forcing this plane back to the original discussion (then to Cuba)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them.

This made me laugh.
But seriously im not suprised of any of what's in the top 100.
I've learned early on that religion has no place or meaning in my life EXACTLY because of this stuff and more.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Umm that post wasn't from ATS. What i'm saying is, alot of the quotes from the OP are being repeated and metioned a lot in ATS, while the examples you gave about non-believers aren't being posted in ATS (Well i personally haven't seen those ones).

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Apes are just creatures twisted by Satan to mock Jesus by giving EVILolition credibility. Further more they are naturally lust crazed for human women. Since they are not natural creatures they should be exterminated forthwith as the tools of evil they are.

Why the above quote disturbs people I have no idea? It's obviously stated by someone completely ignorant of animal nature and has never studied Scripture but rather has been spoon fed false doctrine. It's just as ignorant as an atheist claiming they are absolutely sure there is no God yet also denying there is such a thing as "absolute knowledge".

How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread

The above quote is also stated by someone who is ignorant and has obviously never watched a TV program about reproduction. *IF* evolution be true it does not mean we evolved "from monkeys" but from an ape like creature or a link to apes.

Darwin never recanted his theories on his death bed. This is a myth running around charismatic churches and ill-informed apologists. Nor did Darwin ever become a Believer on his death bed. He did state that the "human eye" was very troubling to his theory.

The Scriptures gives 6 days for creation yet this in no way gives us an accurate method to determine whether it's 6,000 years or 6 million years old.

Again, *IF* evolution be true, we wouldn't speak "monkey" because we did not evolve from monkeys or apes.

[about a girl being born with mental disabilities]

This girl is like a leper so what she needs to do is try and find god

if she really believes she can be healed from this state, she will be healed from this state

Most afflictions like this are caused by sins committed while still inside the womb. If she can repent for what she does god will embrace her and make her as human as you or me but if she chooses not to she'll always be like this

god tests every one of us [emphasis added]

There is no Scripture which states that sins are committed while in the womb. Again an ignorant statement made by someone who has no clue what Scripture states. They are parroting their ill-informed pastor. There are NO SINS passed on from father to son, down to the 3rd generation as this again is a gross misinterpretation of Scripture. The "theme" of Scripture is that *IF* the son turns from sin then he will not follow in his fathers "sin". So the sins of the father are not passed on to his children for ALL people are born in sin. This means that an infant is born with a nature that will lead them to sin but that the infant itself has not yet committed a sinful act.

Ignorance is a state of mind and can be changed.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...://heathen.tv/videos/the-theists-are-getting-tetchy/

"Mr. Davis contends: "Madison, Jefferson and Franklin would cheer, and every American can celebrate" the "the sight of one man standing up to challenge God and country."

www.ted.com...
And how can the New York Times publish such utterly illogical, pseudo-historical foolishness?"

But this one man, Newdow, isn't challenging God. He denies the existence of God. How can one challenge the non-existent?

So therfore we have nothing to defend conversely we have no onus to justify god

If you think the creator of the universe is letting people fly planes into our buildings because we are tolerating gay marriage, or he's whipping up hurricanes in the Gulf because we're tolerating gay marriage, you have to try to legislate against gay marriage.
- Sam Harris

JOHN BURNETT: And I didn't realize that it was so offensive to atheists. And I learned that in spades after this story came out. They spammed me for weeks with e-mail, saying, we're outraged. So now I know.

DR. HOUSE: Faith. That's another word for ignorance, isn't it?

BROOKE GLADSTONE: But even she concedes that organizing atheists is like herding cats. Sam Harris says the only way to win is to keep up the pressure until religious tolerance is no longer tolerated.

Atheists were deemed the least desirable. Muslims did better in 2003, and gays and lesbians, maybe because most respondents had at least seen one or two.

Militant Atheists. These are the guys that take Atheism and turn it into a zealous religion that is focused almost entirely on defaming, badmouthing, and attempting to disprove most or all religious faiths, although in many cases the individual Militant Atheist will focus only on one particular religion to direct their stream of hate at. They appear to be roughly as populous as fundamentalist Christians are on the Internet, and it appears that these two groups imagine themselves to be in mortal combat with one another, judging by some of the crap found on their sites.

Many Atheists don't appear to disbelieve in God so much as they appear to wish agonizing death upon Him and His followers.

An Evangelical Atheist is a person that is an atheist and tries to spread atheism amongst theists. It is derived from Evangelism, meaning "Spreading Good News" as practised by Christianity. Due to the rise of the Conservative Christain movement in the United States of America and the increase of humanistic thought, along with the increased blending other many different religions, Atheism has become more and more popular. Evangelical atheist usually seeks to "convert" borderline theists, often by engagaing in debate with fundamentalists.

Theist: Those who do not believe in God and follow Jesus Christ go to Hell
Evangelical Atheist: Where is hell?
Theist: Its a fiery place where sinners burn forever.
Atheist: Yeah but where is it? and how do i get there?
Theist: its under heaven, maybe under the earth. And you get there by sinning.
Atheist: OK, is there a tunnel down to it? can you show me on a map? do you have a photo?
Theist: Look, it says so in my holy book.
Atheist: It also says to stone men to death if they shave their beards.
Theist: Nonsense!
Atheist : no its here look, leviticus. See?
Theist: er.....erm.....well....

Let's look at who is really shedding blood in history: Militant atheists slaughtered millions more people than any 'Christian' incident. In fact, the greatest mass murders in history were committed by Communists Joseph Stalin and Mao Tse Tung. Since the early 20th century, more than 100,000,000 died at the hands of these militant atheists.

Usually, it is those following Christ who are being killed...not doing the killing. As just one example: Turkish Muslims in the three short years between 1915 and 1918 slaughtered 1.5 million Christian Armenians. This was one of the first genocides of the 20th century.

"The fact is that Christians have been at the forefront of expanding and defending human freedom around the globe ever since the First Century Church was founded. Christians, for example, were the ones who campaigned against the gladiator games in ancient Rome as well as against the slave trade in Britain and in the United States.

PF’s InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI) was a criminal rehabilitation program designed to help prisoners return to society as productive law-abiding citizens.

The program was sued in Iowa by Americans United for Separation of Church and State as being a violation of the alleged separation of church and state. District Court Robert Pratt issued a far-reaching decision against IFI in 2006 that could have had devastating impact on all religious-based ministries in prisons.

Pratt declared that IFI’s program in Iowa was unconstitutional, pervasively sectarian, and ordered IFI to repay Iowa $1.5 million it had received for providing services to prisoners. The judge issued an injunction against IFI, forbidding it to operate in any Iowa prison

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Dawnstar...I just read your post that started "Just imagine vast fields of our sisters in Christ " WOW!! "Thrice daily"? It seems that some people are getting to the point where indoctrination is breaking down and they are subconsciously trying to make up for it. It is like a computer that is given a question that it cannot answer but was programmed with the concept that it has all the answers, leading to a loop of reasoning that sends the computer program crashing. I would think that they would see the break from sanity that this is showing, but with that kind of programming, it is understandable. It is sad to see what this kind of theology is doing to people who would otherwise be good productive people.

[edit on 02/13/2007 by ForceMaster]

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join