It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if an ET was attacked by a wild animal?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This isn't my usual kind of post but I thought it would be fun to consider

If an ET race discovered our planet but had not researched us and didn't know that humans were the dominant species. They land here 'by chance' somewhere in the jungle and the first thing they see is a family of Silver back gorillas for example. ET tries to comunicate with the Alpha male Gorilla but the Gorilla takes a dislike in him and decides to rip him to shreds. Where could this act of hostility lead and what could it mean to our chances of future contact?

[edit on 14-1-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Interesting theory and quite possible except for the internet. Do you think that an ET wouldn't check out the world wide web first before making a landing? There is a whole ton of exceptional information available about Earth available for aliens to discover on the internet.

Course what do you think aliens would think of humans after searching through the web?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiodjguy
Interesting theory and quite possible except for the internet. Do you think that an ET wouldn't check out the world wide web first before making a landing? There is a whole ton of exceptional information available about Earth available for aliens to discover on the internet.

Course what do you think aliens would think of humans after searching through the web?

How would they have access to the internet? They would clearly have to be highly intelligent to get here in the first place but they may not have the means to access our internet nor even be aware of it if they found us by chance. Besides i don't know of any ISP that would accept alien currency !

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They've probably been watching reruns of National Geographic, or David Attenborough, I'm pretty sure they'd know what animal to steer clear of

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Southpark…..

Aliens: Greetings, cows of earth, we come in peace

Cows: really?

Aliens: We have experimented with all the beings of earth and we have learnt that you are the most intelligent and wise.

Cows: Why did you turn some of us inside out?

Aliens: oh, that was Carl’s fault, he’s new

Carl: Yeah sorry about that my bad!

Aliens: take this device, it is a gift from us, farewell cows, peace be with you

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think it's far too clear that we are the dominant race to an outsiders view.

buildings and their arcutecture, we wear clothes although so do pets

besides if an intelligent species couldn't judge our level of technology and compare it to there previous level or see fromour technology that it is built around us then they wouldn't be capable for inteliigent thought therefore not capable of reaching us

new topics

top topics

join