It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Al Qaeda Is Building a White Army of Terror

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
im just saying that i think if there was any validity to the article. the "fear at all costs" msm over here in the states would be jumping on the band wagon instead all we have is article by fox news. thats at best sketchy and at worst completely unbelivible.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe it. White people seem very susceptible to cults.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming?

The Patriot Act, The Homegrown Terrorism bill and every other law they have passed since 9/11 is nothing short of a road map to whats going to happen...

This was never about Al'CIAda, its bigger then that it always has been, Our Government told us they attacked us for our freedoms yet Al'CIAda never had the power to take those freedoms, But the very people who do, our Congress continues to vote those freedoms away...

So you tell me who the threat to our Constitution is?

How long before an anti war protester, or activist, or tax protester, or civil rights activist, or members of the Constitutional Militia gets locked away because they fit the mold this corrupt Government designed around them?

Sadly I must say everything thats coming we deserve because we allow it, some even justify and rationalize it, when all one needs to do is pick up a book to see this has happened before, and is happening now.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think the technical term is BS for this article.

Britain is an extremely secular society and, as a Christian, most converts are probably atheists in the UK.

As an Atheist, and knowing many others, I can honestly say there is no chance of many Atheists converting to Islam.

The whole point of being atheist is that we are as devoted to the NON-existence of a higher power, if not more devoted to the notion than most religious people are about a god's existence.

We chose to refuse. Not because we've been told to, but because we made up our minds. It is unlikely to find anyone capable of brainwashing that out of us.

Agnostics on the other hand are undecided. I like to say an agnostic only lives about a month before he either becomes religious, or an Atheist.

Basically, you are right that the news story is a load of BS. We've heard it from both the Christian and Atheist sides now... theres no way you can convert either side easy enough to amass an army of any proportion.

Unfortunately there are people out there gullible enough to believe this though.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I'm agnostic, and have been for years.
It is all unprovable and therefore irrelevant.

On thread.
One thing is certain, I certainly doubt that more than a very small handful of White Britains, prisoners or not, have or will ever convert to Islam.

Unfortunately, it would only take a small handful to cause mayhem in mainland Britain.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
it's just an UpDated symptom of our society...

back some 30 years ago, the 'black' people that had an issue
gravitated to the 'Muslim' sphere...

Mohammed Ali (the greatest boxer ~in my opinion~ in U.S. history)
converted to Islam = more specifically 'Black Muslim'
...along with the 'first wave'...which were prison inmates from the African-American persuasion --- all the way into the 1985-87 era.

That slice of history has since 'cooled-off', and became a footnote in history...........
now some Instigators are trying to rile up both the UK & US populations
with a ""skin-heads-gone berserk"" scenario with Brit guys going over enmasse to the enemy................................! poop ! is all that is !

Even IF... white Brits got involved with a Muslim way-of-life ->>
that does not specifically mean that these people are embracing the 'Jihad'
philosophy !

~ the spewing out of dis-information is approaching the dirarreah phase ~

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Who didn't see this coming?

The Patriot Act, The Homegrown Terrorism bill and every other law they have passed since 9/11 is nothing short of a road map to whats going to happen...

I whole-heartedly agree with Cole... This is another footstep towards outright, overt, in-your face fascism: Coming soon to a town near you.

I posted this article not as a record of fact; I am more concerned about the true message behind the message. That is why I posted this. I hope that it will waken a few more minds from the matrix.

Cole.... I am happy to fight the good fight with ya.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Considering there is such a strong presence of Islam in the UK why would anyone doubt it? Doesn't anyone recall that video clip with Islamic militants rioting in the streets hollering threats about jihad and how they're going to take over the world with Islam? Apparently, in the UK, these people are -tolerated-, and they can easily spread their influences to anyone who shares anti-government sentiments....mainly directed at 'the west' as always.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

There is indeed a rise in Muslim extremism in Britain.
This is due to birth rates within existing Muslim communities and to a lesser extent immigration levels.
Muslim's continue to have large families thus the increase in proportion of the overall population.
There is also a perceived increase in Muslim extremism within some of these communities, for various reasons.
Yes, it is condoned, and yes, it is a worry.

However, the "white" population will never convert en masse to Islam.
Young ,white Brits are becoming increasingly marginalised from society and are fed on a diet of Lambrini, White Star, Bacardi Breezers and brainwashed into being more concerned about who is going to win X-Factor or Celebrity Come Dancing rather than bother themselves with boring things like world events, current affairs and religion.

Apathy reigns supreme in Britain today.
Sad, but very true.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

The sad part is most people are to selfish to care, if its not effecting them right not individually it doesn't matter to them...

When it finally does arrive in full force most of the population will be so used to these continuous usurpations of our Constitution that it will be the status quo, sure it may have effected a friend of a friend, but it didn't effect them, so life goes on for these people...

ignorance will be bliss at least until it arrives at their door and takes their father, mother, son, or daughter away for owning the wrong book, or talking to the wrong person...

and even then it will be justified and rationalized by those around them...

Those true American Patriots who do stand against this force will fit the mold thats already been created which applies to AMERICANS, and they will be put on the news and demonized for daring to stand up for freedom and the Constitution....

Our own media now stand against us, have you ever heard of them refer to the movie "V for Vendetta"?

Anyone who's watched it understands V isn't a terrorist and he was fighting to free his nation from FASCISM, the movie makes it very clear the forces and powers he goes up against and what they did to their own people...

but V was the bad guy?

Any American who stands up to this evil will be labeled a terrorist and be treated as such, Its sad, our own founders and the very documents which freed this nation now fit the mold our Government has created which defines terrorist and terrorist material...

[edit on 14-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I saw this coming for a long time and I'm positive I'm not the only one. It was only a matter of time before "terrorists" went from some bearded dude in a cave to our own neighbors and family members. We've already been conditioned to spy on each other. Here in NY we have the "See something, say something" campaign in the subways, complete with regular announcements to rat on each other.

It's not so much about fear, rather I think it's about justifying further corrupt governmental intervention. The whole reason the US can continue to do what it does domestically is because we're constantly on "Orange Alert" due to "news" stories like this one. The way I see it is that it's not so important for the public to be afraid as long as the government can justify what actions they take. They need stories like this to use as "evidence" that is "common knowledge" since it's in the newspapers or on tv.

Think about it, our governments aren't afraid of some rogue guerrilla type troops, they're afraid of the people they govern. The populous isn't afraid of some vague shadowy menace, they're afraid of the government.

That's my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Joseph Goebbels himself would be proud of the BS propaganda
that is being spewed these days.

Even the "real" terrorists are fake and now we are to believe
the 1500 white britons have turned into terrorist and are coming to kill everyone...geeeesh.... where does the nonsense stop?

I would stand on a rooftop and scream my frustration out but that would
only get me arrested for CARING TOO MUCH.

"sir you are charged with un-authorized caring of others and for your world,
anything you say will get you Tazed, anyone else feel like caring?

its a mad mad mad mad World

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
One more step towards the camps people. Instead of identifying the terrorist by eastern decent they can start targeting there neighbors. Dont like the dope smoking hippy next door? Call homeland "poof" problem solved. I know most people have trouble believing the bible but there are some strikingly strong parallels with Mat 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 and the daily news paper. Neighbor against neighbor, Father against son and brother against brother. I wonder if this is the begining of birth pangs?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I have to cry foul on this one, this is straight up Rupert Murdoch propaganda.

Foxnews.com is a predominately American News Source.

Its British counterpart is Times Online, www.timesonline.co.uk...

Why would an article about British Al Qaida be in US media, and not vice versa?
DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

thats what i been saying i checked msnbc, yahoo news, the bbc, and googled it and found nothing also reporting this story, and that it seems is exactly what it is . more fox news made up bs. put out with the hopes to inspire fear in everyone and keep that fear pervasive so that we will ignore everything else.

well i am afraid but certanly not from this, im afraid of the goverment and what seems like a upcoming economic collapse. this bs dont even rate in my things to be worried about scale.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There's a sucker born every minute is as true today as ever. Some youth will undoubtedly do whatever it takes to keep Bubba from raping their virgin rear ends, including signing up for the local Islam gang. Once indoctrinated, just like any other gang, there is no way out except death.

There is no special circumstance to this story either way. It is common sense that the enemy of freedom will recruit in the jailhouses.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Are you referring to Congress?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
reply to post by SectionEight

Are you referring to Congress?

No, I was refering to the title of this thread, that recruitment of terrorism has turned to the jailhouses. Actually the story was british so Congress is not in the picture, although they relish the role of Bubba and will bend you over a pork barrel at the drop of a dime.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by laiguana

There is indeed a rise in Muslim extremism in Britain.
This is due to birth rates within existing Muslim communities and to a lesser extent immigration levels.
Muslim's continue to have large families thus the increase in proportion of the overall population.
There is also a perceived increase in Muslim extremism within some of these communities, for various reasons.
Yes, it is condoned, and yes, it is a worry.

I have to seriously question that this is the cause of the rise in militant Islam, yes the conservative nature of the communities does play a role in creating a barrier to intergration but there have been large muslim communities for 30 years. I am currently living in bradford in the centre of the muslim community and grew up in leicester. If anything I would say that the vast majority of youths from Pakistani decent in the area are seriously disenfranchised when it comes to Islam.

The influence the west has tried to play out on areas of geo-strategical importance within the Middle East is by far the strongest motivation for violent "jihad".

Further more, I really disagree that extremism is condoned, either by the British Muslim community or society as a whole. Read Western Muslims and the Future of Islam by Tariq Ramadan for an insight into main stream progressive Islam. The reason extremism is called extremism is because it a perversion of what is true and limited to the fringe.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tarichar

I have no wish to discuss this at great length here as strictly speaking it is off thread, so briefly.
The overall % of Britains who are Muslim is growing.
One of the reasons for this is because Muslims continue to have large families.
Of course this is not the reason for an increase in Islamic extremism but simple maths will explain that if the ratio of extremists - modearates stays the same, any increase in population will result in an increase in extremists. Pretty simple really.

I have absolutely no desire to go into why there are Muslim extremists, the causes are many and varied.
I also do not wish to discuss here whether the overall % of Muslim extremists are increasing.
Those discussions are for another thread and have already been discussed at length here on ATS many, many times.

Back on thread;
there is absolutely no chance that significant numbers of white Britains will convert to Islam.
Of those that do I suspect it would be a very small minority who would be of the extremist persuassion and as such there will never be thousands of white, British, Al-Qaeda operatives.

The headline is scaremongering and feeding on peoples fears and ignorance.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Freeborn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join