It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Al Qaeda Is Building a White Army of Terror

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Report: Al Qaeda Is Building a White Army of Terror

www.foxnews.com

1,500 white Britons are believed to have converted to Islam with the purpose of funding, planning, and carrying out surprise terror attacks...

One reported strategy the terrorists use is to look for converts in prisons, where those in custody tend to be lonely and particularly susceptible. Recruiters comfort and support the inmate, with little mention — if any — to religion, according to the paper. Over time, conversations turn more radical.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Islam is not a race, but a religion. Anyone of any age, color, or background could be muslim, christian, wiccan, etc.

In this world of radical extremism, an eye for and eye leaves us all blind. I feel the only way to beat terror is with a soft approach. Become so peaceful and honorable that no one hates you. Then when you are attacked the world will condemn the enemy and their tactics. When it becomes a peaceful stance against violence, instead of the war on terror, we will see an end to terror.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think this is just another way to make us live in a world off fear
Before we just had to worry about the sterotype browned skin muslim with a big beard wearing arabic clothes and shouting "muhommad jihad!!"
Now this report will make you fear every person that you walk by in the street
People will start thinking there neighbors are terrorists,there cleaners,there gardeners,there eletrictions,there plumbers..etc
And so we will welcome new laws to control the poputlation not just "muslim fundamentalism"

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sow the seeds of fear whenever possible

Perhaps what we need is a new anti-terror bill in the UK to deal with "Homegrown terrorism and violent radicalisation" of the population?

Under such a bill, I myself could then be labeled a potential terrorist for my views on globalisation and mistrust / hatred of the political leadership and their backers. Even us non-religious whiteys must be viewed as potential radicals if we attempt to question or change the political status quo.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Remember, ANYONE could be a terrorist. It's not just people on the other side of the world that want to kill you. It could be your neighbor, your friends, even your own children... You must report any suspicious behaviour for your own safety.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I feel the only way to beat terror is with a soft approach. Become so peaceful and honorable that no one hates you. Then when you are attacked the world will condemn the enemy and their tactics. When it becomes a peaceful stance against violence, instead of the war on terror, we will see an end to terror.

Hey thanks for this mate. I think disgustipated is right along with you.
They aranged this between themselves so they can control the silent majority for a bit longer, by letting them live in fear.

However just like I quoted you is the key to stopping terror. We should not try to win as that just lowers us to their level. Instead we need to learn to love those around us and find peace with each other, because eventually the people that think they have control will lose it or just simply get sick of blowing each other up and stop.

Good article

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That article is one of the dumbest things I have ever read! Seriously, just how many white converts are there in the UK? Though I do applaud Allseeing in your ideas of a more peaceful approach to combating terrorism. There is a lot to be said for the counter productive nature of the "war on terror".

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
does no one else think this is quite blatantly false? it is entirely propaganda. white british people convert to islam all the time..

you couldn't prove this to be true...or false, it's just simply made up.

fox news is corrupt as hell, that should be common knowledge. they are not ever to be trusted, or even listened to, really.

even if there wasn't a terrorist on earth they'd still be singing and dancing about it every #ing day, because its just justification for anything they want. just scaring people consistently so they feel they need protection.

even when al-qaeda is finished, we'll never be told that. this is just all going to go on until they have what they want. then the next terrorists are us. they'll never stop.

what's most important now is waking people up to this, because we're all being lured into a trap and most of the people want it that way because they really got no clue.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Islam is not a race, but a religion. Anyone of any age, color, or background could be muslim, christian, wiccan, etc.

In this world of radical extremism, an eye for and eye leaves us all blind. I feel the only way to beat terror is with a soft approach. Become so peaceful and honorable that no one hates you. Then when you are attacked the world will condemn the enemy and their tactics. When it becomes a peaceful stance against violence, instead of the war on terror, we will see an end to terror.

www.foxnews.com

Although I like your approach, I have found that in a world of extremism, the peaceful are seen not as enemies, but as naive and a point of weakness. They will be used as much as they can, then exterminated.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Are you serious? 1,500 white Britons?

I seriously doubt that one white brit would convert to muslim / islam or to a terrorist.

Really weird article...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
any one have a reputable source for this beside fox news. after all they have been shown to alter and occasionaly create whole sale stories, for hits and ratings aswell as projecting there personal agenda.

edited: slightly cleaned up by request lol

[edit on 1/14/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

Dude, that was a run-on sentence for sure!

Could you please perfect it a bit for me?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarichar
That article is one of the dumbest things I have ever read! Seriously, just how many white converts are there in the UK? Though I do applaud Allseeing in your ideas of a more peaceful approach to combating terrorism. There is a lot to be said for the counter productive nature of the "war on terror".

Maybe not many, but who can tell at this point?

However, the key question IMO should be "Just how many would it take to turn the UK into a police state with people fearing everyone else and neighbors watching and reporting on other neighbors?"

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's that "remember to fear" time again folks.

..tend to be lonely and particularly susceptible.

You think?

They say that as if these "white" recruits are somehow the exceptionally innocent victims, when in fact almost ALL of the recruits to radical groups and gangs...particularly the ones that do the dirty work are usually insecure and vulnerable. That goes for a lot of the Muslims recruited from the mid-east and other parts of the ravished and impoverished world. If you think most of them aren't just as desperate and being manipulated, you're kidding yourselves.

This tactic is nothing new, and usually since those that join up after the grooming process have filled their void of isolation with whatever dogma fed them they will be more than willing to do the worst in the name of their beliefs.

People sometimes make the mistake in assuming that most terrorists are born wearing a bomb vest and not that they are at times merely a product of our own failed environments.

In other words...just regular people under irregular circumstances.
Their bombs on you or your bombs on them don't fix a thing.

You can't beat "acts of terror" this way.

My two cents.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This whole news release reeks of "Spy on your neighbors for us" fascism.

Yada yada yada, I don't really care if white people join Al-Qaeda... am I going to be suspicious of my neighbors? Heck no. Living in paranoia is no life at all.

I'll be doing what I've done every day of my life, whatever the heck I want.

If someone gets blown up, I'm not going to care any more about it than I would hearing of a car accident.

Living in fear is not an option.

You all DIE eventually. It's how you LIVE that matters. So live FREE.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
johnsky your exactly right. im glad some one said it if they want fear from you refuse to give it. you my friend got a star .

ok iv now checked msnbc, and yahoo news as well as the bbc and dont see this story anywhere. can anyone find any news agency other then fox news reporting this?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

I haven't been able to so far, and I'm not sure how much I trust foxnews.

The thing is, IMO that us brits are so cynical that we probably wouldn't buy into it.

Imagine as well, trying to talk a hardened criminal into becoming a not-so-smart bomb.

I don't doubt that there are lonly, vulnerable people who may be prepared to listen, but that would be as far as it went IMO.

Far more of a threat are the radical mosques where impressionable young muslims are indoctrinated, and yet despite evidence the government rarely acts.

[edit on 14/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
yeah i complelty agree with you ive known many people whove done large chunks of prison time. and i dont see anyone being convincing enough to convert to a religon they barely understand, let alone use them selves as a vehicle for a bombing.

until it can be proved to be reported by a more reputable source im calling bunk on this one.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think the technical term is BS for this article.

Britain is an extremely secular society and, as a Christian, most converts are probably atheists in the UK.

Could you really picture your average White British male converting to Islam in prison? More likely to the BNP than anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

BS. Yes, that's it and people are buying it and looking over their shoulder.
I pray this all ends soon so we can regain our drab lives once again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join