It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Jesus hits Iranian Movie Screens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Yes, jealousy and desire for importance. I'm sure that is the reason. The reason why Jesus was the only human to be born of virgin birth. The reason why Jesus was able to bring back people from the dead. The reason why God decided to take Jesus up into heaven and keep him there until near the end-times.
Yes, I'm sure that is the reason.

Surah 2:285 (Yusuf Ali Translation)
The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Well, if you take an overall look at the three Abrahamic religions, they have indeed had negative impact on society. You don't have to look very far to see that.. There were the crusades, which everyone is quite aware of. Then there were the blasphemous inquisitions that the "church" took upon itself as the "defenders of God" to instate.

If you look at some of the vitriolic messages that both clerics and pastors, particularly those of the evangelical, fundamentalist persuasion administers to the general population, then, yeah, I'd say there is a direct correlation between Islam and mainstream Christianity.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by babloyi
This is what I have found to be the most troubling thing about ignorance (no jibe at you, either, just a point in general). Have you even looked into what Islam says about Jesus? Do you know? Or are you just going on against it because it is the 'enemy' or the 'other'?

No, I'm aware they see Jesus as a good guy and inspired Prophet. As NWO rightfully said, Islam has a more pleasant view of Jesus than most non-Christian Westerners.

Islam doesn't deny that a crucifixion took place. Islam doesn't even deny that the crucifixion of Jesus was attempted. What islam says is that God put their schemes to nothing, and saved Jesus from being killed on the cross by replacing him with (what is traditionally considered to be) Judas.

Alright, but that goes against what we know about recorded history. I disagree with the quoted section in the O.P. where it says Christians are wrong in that Jesus was crucified. Again, how does someone who came along centuries later know more than the original eye witnesses, Gospel writers, and secular historians?

Considering that Jesus is an islamic figure just as much as he is a Christian figure, I don't see how it is an insult in the slightest. They want to make a movie about him, as they see him.

I'm not sitting over here crying about it but it is an insult due to the fact to deny Jesus' crucifixion, ignore the records, and flat out say we're wrong is basically saying they know what is going on better than those who were closer to the events than they were.

What's insulting about it? That you're getting upset that your records might not be 100% true, or that you're in denial? Also, what you're saying if the Christian records are correct then all other records are false? What if the Christian records are false, and all the other records are correct? One thing for sure, you can't prove neither of them, and you shouldn't be insulted in any way.

"In Islam, Jesus (Arabic: عيسى, commonly transliterated as Isa) is considered one of God's most beloved and important prophets, a bringer of divine scripture, a worker of miracles, and the Messiah. However, Muslims do not share the Christian belief in the crucifixion or divinity of Jesus. Muslims believe that Jesus' crucifixion was a divine illusion and that he ascended bodily to heaven. Most Muslims also believe that he will return to the earth in the company of the Mahdi once the earth has become full of sin and injustice at the time of the arrival of Islam's Antichrist-like Dajjal."

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, if you take an overall look at the three Abrahamic religions, they have indeed had negative impact on society.

What did the Jews ever do to anybody?

If you deny the history in the Old Testament is true (not saying you do, just for argument's sake), then known recorded history really says nothing about the Jews. They are pretty much always the persecuted and not the persecutors.

Even today they just want to be left alone- including the in the Middle East, as least on religious levels. Most of what is going on over there is for the right to the land. I don't recall them really doing much mass persecution or foreign invasion due to religious zealotry. And I'm not being argumentative, so please don't think so. I know you specified Christianity and Islam at the end so I'm just curious. lol I always felt so bad for the Jews. They really don't bother anyone, evangelize, invade, declare war, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armin
That you're getting upset that your records might not be 100% true, or that you're in denial? Also, what you're saying if the Christian records are correct then all other records are false?

My records? Christian records? Denial? All other records are false? Did you not see the secular historians I specifically cited at the beginning of this thread? I stated the Gospel and early extrabiblical witnesses and authors would obviously testify to the crucifixion so I focused strictly on non Christian sources.

What if the Christian records are false, and all the other records are correct? One thing for sure, you can't prove neither of them, and you shouldn't be insulted in any way.

So let's ignore the 3 to 4 dozen early sources that attest to the crucifixion and those who died defending what they witnessed but believe the word of a single man six centuries later who is recorded to have received many of his visions and scriptures after having epileptic-like fits? I don't think so.

In Islam, Jesus (Arabic: عيسى, commonly transliterated as Isa) is considered one of God's most beloved and important prophets, a bringer of divine scripture, a worker of miracles, and the Messiah. However, Muslims do not share the Christian belief in the crucifixion or divinity of Jesus. Muslims believe that Jesus' crucifixion was a divine illusion and that he ascended bodily to heaven.

I know what they believe. I'm saying I don't believe them.

Most Muslims also believe that he will return to the earth in the company of the Mahdi once the earth has become full of sin and injustice at the time of the arrival of Islam's Antichrist-like Dajjal."

And this is something most Bible prophecy watchers are keeping a close eye on. Although we accept this as a possible fulfillment, we believe the "Jesus" that accompanies the Al Mahdi will be an impostor and the Al Mahdi will be the Antichrist. The Bible and Hadith prophecies are too similar and seem to point to both individuals being one and the same.

[edit on 1/15/2008 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join