It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Why hasn't Syria made the movie then?
Iran is not in the business of cozying up to the "Great Satan" "infidels" or "crusaders" of their daily rhetoric. This movie is being done to further tensions.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Iran is not in the business of cozying up to the "Great Satan" "infidels" or "crusaders" of their daily rhetoric. This movie is being done to further tensions.

OMG, you cant be for real!

Look, stop pretending you dont see the post that have dominated this thread trying to tell you that CHRIST IS NOT THE INTELECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE WEST!

Christ is in their Koran!

Seeing as you continue to ignore this FACT even though it has been said over and over again I have to say that you are begining to look like you may be trolling.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Syria didn’t make the movie for the same reason that it is a secular state.
Secular state will be contradicting they philosophy if wanted to finance and produce a film with religions intonation.
Don’t you think so?

Kacou.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Very interesting, my wife's step-father is Muslim, and he has always said that Jesus is very respected in his religion and they also believe that he will return. He has also stated that they shake stranger's hands in a certain way to check for a joint in the thumb. Apparently when Jesus returns he will be missing a joint in that general area. Odd, yes, but who knows.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Osiris1953]

wrong. First, your wife's step father is probably a Shia. Iranian I guess. Superstitious lot.

Second, that checking of the finger thing is all superstition. Not about Jesus, but about a supposed immortal.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-1-2008 by raze78]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

As why Iran is making a movie about Jesus my guess is that Iran is still deeply embedded with some Zarathustra and Aryan belief, where by Jesus was a member of the Essen sect (sect that was apparently Jewish but also studied the Zend Avesta of Zoroastrian religion and practiced the Aryanism) and this sect had deep connections with the Aryan from the east (modern day Iran). Many people have link the missing time of Jesus to a trip in Iran where he was teach spirituality. And then left this teaching because of the cast system which the Aryan where promulgating.
The rest of the missing time of Jesus is also related in the Buddhist legend of Issa.
Many people believe that Issa and Jesus where the same person.
In Iran many people believe this controversial aspect of the life of Jesus, I am not surprise that they want to inform all they population about this view.
So to bring Jesus in the same level then all prophets.
This is the core of the division between Christians and Muslim, for the later, Jesus was not divine but got he’s teaching from the east.

kacou

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Christ is in their Koran!

Christ is in their Koran? What is that suppose to mean? So that because Jesus is in their holy book it is ok for them to put something like this out probably just to offend christians, jews, and any of the other infidels who believe in christ.
They mock and hate anyone who does not worship Muhammed and when you say anything about their religion they will riot and try to kill you.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

do people actuily read through the whole topic before making such a ignorant reply?

Christians = Jesus son of GOD
flms produced well alot, you see us muslims rioting over that? i actuily watched the Lamb of GOD a while ago

www.christianitytoday.com...

now Iran launches one to show a Islamic version of Jesus (Isailam, may peace be apon him) and you think it suppose to offend Christians? get your head out the clouds, Jesus was seen as our prophet.

and unlike the Denmark incident (Granted some people went over the top)
Jesus would never be shown in such mannor. (which i think has been said by DJ on page two which you seem to ignored to post such ignorant statement. also there is a topic on here that talks about artists making sculptures and pictures which almost take fun out of him. something you wont see from muslims.

so in reality the only people that would moch the prophet (Jesus) is mostly in the west.

Iran has every right to produce this just like the Curch and hollywood produce their films. its shows a muslim prospective on Jesus and what he meant to us

[edit on 15-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
So that because Jesus is in their holy book it is ok for them to put something like this out probably just to offend christians, jews, and any of the other infidels who believe in christ.

DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE?!?

The guy who made the movie said he made it because he wanted to show what an important figure Jesus is in Islam, in order to remind Muslims and Christians how much they have in common, so that they should live in peace.

It doesn't sound like the filmmaker intended to offend anybody.
Very much the opposite in fact.
It sounds like an attempt at a gesture at (gasp!) friendship.

Just because some Iranians adopt a hostile tone does not mean all do.
They're not all clones you know

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ok, I'm convinced that either you're playing a joke on us by acting so ignorant, or you're trolling.

Look, this concept isn't so hard... learn about what you know before talking about it. Where did you ever read that Muslims worship Muhammad?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Where did you ever read that Muslims worship Muhammad?

Your right, that was a mistake on my part. It does seem that way though.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by immedicated
I mean, a college professor with a one tract mind, i lost a lot of respect for him that day.

Glad you had a good time putting that old college professor in his place. BTW, your English professor would most likely tell you that the expression you used is actually a one "track" mind - as in single railroad tracks can only take you one place.

If interested in this subject, you might want to check out my recent thread on people possibly finding the tomb of Jesus and his immediate family.

Thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join