It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You seem to be talking from one experience from one part of the world, remember not every culture, people etc are the same or think the same.

Right...that is why I said it was MY experience with ME Muslims and then asked where he/she was from, in order to determine the possible general feelings toward Christians and Jews by Muslims from his/her area.

In other words, I get it and your comment was entirely unnecessary.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't see how this could be construed as offensive unless someone doesn't understand that Jesus is a major figure in Islam as well.

Jesus is seen by Muslims as the precursor to Muhammad, and that he foretold the coming of Muhammad. Interestingly, Islamic tradition also states that Jesus will return to humanity from Heaven for Judgment Day, to restore justice to the Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Yeah, I don't see how this could be construed as offensive unless someone doesn't understand that Jesus is a major figure in Islam as well.

That does not matter at all. I think most people do understand it though. The fact is Jesus is not Islamic, the title in case you missed it was "Islamic Jesus". Implying that Jesus was Islamic when he was not. Like I said before to others on this thread, Islam would be offended if Americans were to produce a movie titled "Jewish Muhammed" just like they were when someone drew a cartoon figure of Muhammed. Strange.........

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
[quotw]They also are taught that Jews and some Americans have blue, cold blood.

Well, I assume you read some Arab, or are basing it on pictures. As you know Blood is not red until it leaves the body and is exposed to oxygen. I doubt it was in English, seeing as it is not an English speaking country, and if it was, then the book was probably a Western campaign to destroy the education of another generation. Thatr is if you are telling us the truth.

The book may have been explianing the blue from the color of the veins, and (if in Arab) due to your non-native language translation, may have simply mis-understood it.

Who knows though without actual scans.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

The fact is Jesus is not Islamic, the title in case you missed it was "Islamic Jesus".

And with all due respect, I think you misunderstand

To Muslims, Jesus is Islamic in the sense that he is an Islamic prophet.

I mean technically Jesus wasn't "Christian" either, because as far as I know Christian doctrine says there was no such thing as a Christian before the Resurrection.

Technically he was a Jewish rabbi.

Anyway, to Christians, Jesus is obviously a Christian figure.

But to Muslims, he is an Islamic figure.

Do you see what I am trying to say?

EDIT: by the way, the title of the thread is Islamic Jesus.

The title of the movie is Jesus, the Spirit of God.

[edit on 1/14/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Interesting thread - Didn't Jesus attempt to raise the status of women and often rebuked his apostles for putting down his female companions? Would things be any different today? Perhaps this was the real reason Jesus was betrayed - Because he allowed women the freedom to practice his faith and it upset the male hierarchy - How do Muslims treat women?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Oh...so that's where you got it from. You have a misunderstanding about the title. You think it means a "Muslim Jesus," when it actually means a "Muslim's Jesus." Get it?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Seems there are two threads on this religiously ripe subject.
It is simple to put this in perspective.
Islam cannot tolerate a cartoon on Mohammad but sees fit to poke at Christianity by making a film on Jesus.
Any fair minded person knows the outcome if the West made a film on Mohammad.
To make it worse it is tied into current affairs, Iran is making the film. This fact alone should silence the "Bush wants war" critics. The only people that can reign Bush in is the political presure of the people of the US, inciting them obviously has the opposite effect.

Conclusion, Iran's leaders want war.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Your post just shouts "ignorance." The drawings of Muhammad depicted him with a bomb on his head, and the artist claimed he was a terrorist. The film depicting Jesus will be done to show what Muslims believe he went through during his life.

If you think Muslims will put Jesus in a bad light or in a similar fashion to the Muhammad drawings, I would suggest you learn about Islam before you make your next reply. Peace.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Your post just shouts "ignorance." The drawings of Muhammad depicted him with a bomb on his head, and the artist claimed he was a terrorist. The film depicting Jesus will be done to show what Muslims believe he went through during his life.

If you think Muslims will put Jesus in a bad light or in a similar fashion to the Muhammad drawings, I would suggest you learn about Islam before you make your next reply. Peace.

Before you pretend to be so gullible, ask yourself why no Muslim until this day, except for an Iranian at this time in history, is making such a film.
Peace.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Easy, I'll list them for you:

1. Money - the money to hire actors, pay for production costs, editing, etc.
2. Time - Not everyone has a year or two to set aside to direct a film.
3. Technology - Not everyone has access to the technology to create and produce movies.
4. Determination - self explanatory

Put all of these together, and you can see why not everyone can make a film like this. The only reason it is being produced at a time like this, is to show Islam and Christianity's bond, in these trouble times.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing the film. First, I would recommend just a little bit of reading to help people understand a little more about Muhammad, his beliefs, and what his followers are suppossed to believe. Its from our friends at Wikipedia - Muhammad

I believe that the trouble with most of the followings of religions such as Christianity and Islam is that people within them have not been taught the similarities between them. The fact is, Jesus and Muhhamad followed Jewish teachings. Jesus did not wish to be worshipped, only for man to worship God. Muhammad did not ask people to worship him, but to worship his God. The same God as someone mentioned earlier.

In fact, Muhammad preached that he had been visited by the angel Gabriel in 610 AD. The same angel mentioned in the Old Testament. Around 620 Gabriel takes Muhammad on a journey through Heaven where he meets Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.

Muhammad tried to bring his revelations to some of the Jewish rabbis, but even though he shared their beliefs, he was angered by the fact that they would not believe that he too was visited and carried valuable messages from God (Allah). All in the information linked here. Its very interesting and educational.

Here is another synopsis of Islamic beliefs in the People of the Book

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well, I assume you read some Arab

Just a little. My interpreter helped me out a bit. I asked him to help me out when the children were telling me about it and asking me if it was all Americans or just Jewish Americans.

the book was probably a Western campaign to destroy the education of another generation.

There was a nice picture of Sadam on the cover and we saw it in more than one school.

Thatr is if you are telling us the truth.

Well, that is not necessary now is it? If you can’t prove I am wrong then you need to say sorry. Even if you don’t, I still forgive you; I am a Christian, I forgive and don’t lie.

The book may have been explianing the blue from the color of the veins, and (if in Arab) due to your non-native language translation, may have simply mis-understood it.

No, sorry not the case. I know enough Arabic to recognize the word "demonic" and phrase "un-human" also the word for "ice." That was the reason for our blood being blue, BTW, it was ice.

Also, my interpreter was reliable and the children were sure about the meaning. They actually asked me if I had any cuts so they could see my blood. I ended up using a thermometer to show them my body temp. was the same as theirs.

I am sure you can find an Iraq vet who will back me up if you care. If you don’t care, please stop suggesting that I may be lying.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Any fair minded person knows the outcome if the West made a film on Mohammad.

Dude, Mohamed has never featured prominently in the West or in Christianity. Mohamed was not in our Bible.

Christ, on the other hand, is featured in THEIR KORAN and plays a major role in their religion.

They have always believed in Christ as a prophet.

Now you know, your ignorance is cured, and you can stop acting like you don’t get it.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Easy, I'll list them for you:

1. Money - the money to hire actors, pay for production costs, editing, etc.
2. Time - Not everyone has a year or two to set aside to direct a film.
3. Technology - Not everyone has access to the technology to create and produce movies.
4. Determination - self explanatory

Put all of these together, and you can see why not everyone can make a film like this. The only reason it is being produced at a time like this, is to show Islam and Christianity's bond, in these trouble times.

1) So they will spend some money
2) 2 years might be all they have left
3) When is the last time you seen a technologically advanced movie from Iran?
4) Determination for what?
Muslims live peacefully alongside christians in christian nations but the reverse is not true.
If they wanted to extend an olive branch of peace and understanding, they would allow the Pope to build churches in every Iranian city and town as the christian nations allow muslims to do all around the world, not make a stupid movie.
No, one must call an apple an apple here, Iran is inciting the west, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Muslims live peacefully alongside christians in christian nations but the reverse is not true.

You know, I remember driving through Baghdad and seeing what looked like GIANT CROSSES on some very old, very beautiful old CHRISTIAN CHURCHES.

I thought to myself that they must just be old, from a time when Christianity was allowed.

Then a while later we drove through the area where the churches were and I saw women wearing tight jeans and makeup!

I couldn’t believe my eyes! We were in what is the very large CHRISTIAN AREA of Baghdad.

We later moved into an Iraqi cig. factory in Sadr City. There was a family living there with an English speaking boy named Adam. Adam was in charge of the Iraqi teens who worked in our chow hall. Adam claimed to be Christian and I didn’t believe him until he pulled a gold cross from beneath his shirt and the next day showed me his bible, written in Arabic.

Look, your ignorance is being denied right and left tonight! Good for you.

That is, unless DYepes wants to call me a liar about all this too.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You're digging your own grave, buddy.

There are Christian churches in Iran, as well as Jewish synagogues.

Both Christians and Jews (as well as Zoroastrians) are officially protected religious minorities in Iran, there is even a Jewish member in their Parliament.

The Bahai on the other hand, have not been so lucky.

[edit on 1/15/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

1) So they will spend some money

"Some" money? Look, I don't know who you're kidding, but don't make it sound like they're using pocket change. Millions of dollars worth of production costs, or even hundreds of thousands would not amount to just "some" money.

2) 2 years might be all they have left

2 years to direct. How many years for a script, screenplay, finding the right actors, designing the costumes, etc?

3) When is the last time you seen a technologically advanced movie from Iran?

This is the kind of question someone would make who hasn't seen even one Iranian movie before. For your info, Iranian movies are praised all over the world for their artistic merit, Here's a recomendation to get you started: "Kheili dour, kheili nazdik" (So close, yet so far).

4) Determination for what?

I thought it was self explanatory, but I guess not. The determination to create the film.

How many countries have you visited to make this kind of comment?

If they wanted to extend an olive branch of peace and understanding, they would allow the Pope to build churches in every Iranian city and town as the christian nations allow muslims to do all around the world, not make a stupid movie.

Stupid movie, eh? The purpose of the film is to show how all people of these two faiths live by the same common grounds and teachings, by showing us similarities between the two faiths.

No, one must call an apple an apple here, Iran is inciting the west, plain and simple.

Your proof? Just because a movie is being made in Iran, it automatically makes it an "anti-western" movie? Please, don't tell me you're thinking is such close minded thoughts.

Iranians have a large population of Muslims and Christians. What better way to get them to grow closer together than a film about Jesus. Is that what you call anti-western?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

This is the kind of question someone would make who hasn't seen even one Iranian movie before.

My thought exactly.

Now, I cant claim to have seen any Iranian movies, but I would bet money that sect8 hasnt either.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You wrote:
“Muslims live peacefully alongside christians in christian nations but the reverse is not true.
If they wanted to extend an olive branch of peace and understanding, they would allow the Pope to build churches in every Iranian city and town as the christian nations allow muslims to do all around the world, not make a stupid movie.”

Let’s not be confuse of which country aloud Muslim to build mosk:
It is not the Christian country that aloud other religion but the secular country and state.
Found a list in this link about secular state.
en.wikipedia.org...
By definition a secular state are neutral about religion, therefore they can’t stop one faith verses an other.
Iran is not a secular state, in contrary Syria is secular and you can find a great number of Christian with they church’s and temples.

Kacou.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join