It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Islamic Jesus, Movie in Iran

www.breitbart.com

A director who shares the ideas of Iran's hardline president has produced what he says is the first film giving an Islamic view of Jesus Christ, in a bid to show the "common ground" between Muslims and Christians.

Talebzadeh said he even went to Gibson's mansion in Malibu, California, to show him his film.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Strange, if we were to make a movie titled "Christian Mohammed" Islam would go crazy! There would be riotting and a backlash against America as a whole. I guess its that double standard thing?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Was Jesus just a prophet? Is he the son of God? Let me know what you think. Heck, maybe he was Islamic as the title suggest.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Very interesting, my wife's step-father is Muslim, and he has always said that Jesus is very respected in his religion and they also believe that he will return. He has also stated that they shake stranger's hands in a certain way to check for a joint in the thumb. Apparently when Jesus returns he will be missing a joint in that general area. Odd, yes, but who knows.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Jesus is a prophet of Islam as well, as is all the other Abrahimc prophets (Adam, David, Moses, Noah, Jonas, etc).

I don't know what you really mean by a "Christian Muhammad." Muhammad was never a Christian and neither was Jesus (he was a Jewish Rabbi).

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

Strange, if we were to make a movie titled "Christian Mohammed" Islam would go crazy! There would be riotting and a backlash against America as a whole. I guess its that double standard thing?

Christ features prominently in the Koran as a high prophet. They believe that his teachings have been warped by Jews and Christians to some degree.

You should educate yourself about the Abraham religions seeing as you seem to care enough to be semi-outraged.

Remember that Christ pre-dated Mohamed by several hundred years and as such Mohamed was well aware of him when he created his religion.

I find it amusing that Muslims often try to claim to be closely related to Christianity, however they are actually closer to Jews in spiritual belief and customs.

Don’t try telling any of them that. As I learned in Iraq they don’t take to kindly to being linked to Jews, even if they do worship (on the face) the Jewish God.

Show them a cross and the will say “good, good, mister” with a smile.

Say the word Jew, however, and they will spit and point to their shoe (a great insult.)

It really is all very interesting. Like I said, as someone who seems to take an interest in such things you would do well to educate yourself before getting too pissed off about if.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Looks like DJ beat me to the punch on this one.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Jesus is a prophet of Islam as well, as is all the other Abrahimc prophets (Adam, David, Moses, Noah, Jonas, etc).

I don't know what you really mean by a "Christian Muhammad." Muhammad was never a Christian and neither was Jesus (he was a Jewish Rabbi).

No kidding, I know that the koran states that Jesus was just a prophet. What I mean by "christian Muhammed" is just that, Jesus was not Islamic just as he is not a christian. Maybe I should have said "Jewish Muhammed".

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Christ features prominently in the Koran as a high prophet. They believe that his teachings have been warped by Jews and Christians to some degree.

You should educate yourself about the Abraham religions seeing as you seem to care enough to be semi-outraged.

Remember that Christ pre-dated Mohamed by several hundred years and as such Mohamed was well aware of him when he created his religion.

I find it amusing that Muslims often try to claim to be closely related to Christianity, however they are actually closer to Jews in spiritual belief and customs.

Don’t try telling any of them that. As I learned in Iraq they don’t take to kindly to being linked to Jews, even if they do worship (on the face) the Jewish God.

Show them a cross and the will say “good, good, mister” with a smile.

Say the word Jew, however, and they will spit and point to their shoe (a great insult.)

It really is all very interesting. Like I said, as someone who seems to take an interest in such things you would do well to educate yourself before getting too pissed off about if.

Well, the only thing I learned in all that was that you think Muslims are close to Jews in their spirtual beliefs and customs. And I was not outraged or pissed off about this, but I do find it interesting and wanted to see if anyone else did as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

No one said Jesus is Muslim, so where are you getting at now for a "Jewish Muhammad."

Likewise, I doubt you understand Jesus's role in Islam, or else your initial post wouldn't have sounded like you were angry at Muslims.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

The Jewish/Islamic animosity is a fairly recent development. Prior to 1947, they all tended to live quite happily in the region and large Jewish populations could be found in most Islamic area's.

Some of the first tribes converted by Mohammed were also Jewish tribes, I might add. I find it funny when Israeli apologists hide from any criticism by claiming "anti-semitism", when most Jews are NOT semitic
(75% of Modern day Jewry are descending from european converts, not Hebrew peoples) , but a large chunk of the ME Muslim population is!

By definition and judging by actions, the State of Israel is the most anti-semitic thing there is.

How ironic....

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
haha, great thread! I like the "Christian Mohomoud" *sp? part. But the truth is Jesus was a dark skinned jew. When the Europeans took up Christianity, they of course made the prophet, son of god, whatever you will into there image. A white European. There are a few cases with other Middle East and African nations waaay back in the day who took on Christianity, made Christ appear as in their image. Being a dark skinned person. Which i think is funny. Jesus was a dark skinned jew. I actually had an argument with my college professor about this topic the other day. We spent most of the class surfing the internet for images of Jesus, and u can find him being black, asian, indian. It really is a hoot for anyone who wants to look it up! But i did win the argument. I mean, a college professor with a one tract mind, i lost a lot of respect for him that day.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by immedicated

Jesus would have looked like the people who live there now. Look for semitic people, such as the Palestinians. The same people have lived there for thousands of years, even if the dominant religions have changed.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

A joint in the thumb? I have never heard that before. Thanks for sharing. Always learning new things.

As for Jesus returning and the joint in the thumb, I wonder if the Muslims beieve that Jesus will return in the clouds, just like he ascended in the clouds?
Acts 1:9-11
Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Actually most muslims seem to respect jews more than christians...

I as a muslim also feel closer to judaism than christianity.

My knowledge about the return of Jesus is that he will return in some form. Some argue that its just his idea's and way of life others say that he himself will return.

Jewish-Islamic relations used to be very good untill very recently. This is partly because of the steppe mentallity religion wise of the dominant Turkish rulers.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
now, someone feel free to correct me if im wrong here, but my understanding of islam makes it seem like a natural evolution of the same beliefs that pretty much originated with moses

the jews sacred book is the torah, which christians call "the old testament" and follow as the word of the same god the jews worship. but the new testament is what separates christians from jews and is the written account of jesus christ and his teachings. islam then takes the faith a step further and their written word is in the koran based on the teachings of mohamad. if my understanding is correct the muslems believe jesus was a prophet of god (not the son of god or a living deity) but that since mohamad was the most recent prophet of god so his teachings supercede everything that came before and therefore are the law.

anyone wiht some knowledge of the topic back me up or correct me on this one?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

Yup. You pretty much got it. Everything else is just splitting hairs (and the unity of humankind).

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The Jewish/Islamic animosity is a fairly recent development. Prior to 1947, they all tended to live quite happily in the region and large Jewish populations could be found in most Islamic area's.

Large Jewish centers can still be found in some Islamic areas. Aren’t there some rather large Jewish settlements in Iran?

And I understand the historical relationships, however you will find, among the majority of Iraqis, at least, that many or most modern Muslims do not. Even our educated translator argued that Jews and Muslims never got along and that Christians and Muslims always did. The children in Iraq are taught in school that the third crusade was Christians and Muslims fighting together against Jews. They also are taught that Jews and some Americans have blue, cold blood.

Before this is filed away as a rumor, I saw the text books. Funny enough, I was going to take one home but we were not allowed as there was a critical shortage of school texts in Iraq. Even though the book was PURE crap we had to leave it there for them to learn from.

I was not amazed that they were teaching this stuff, but I was astonished at the large percentage of the adult population that believed it.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha

This was never my experience among ME Muslims, although it would make sense.

Where are you from, if you don’t mind me asking?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by tomcat ha

This was never my experience among ME Muslims, although it would make sense.

Where are you from, if you don’t mind me asking?

You seem to be talking from one experience from one part of the world, remember not every culture, people etc are the same or think the same.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join