It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a signal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
As long as thirty minutes thats the longest it has I didnt really add up the time so is it legite?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have asked 259585 (Dr. C.E.T.I.) over at SETI for info on your images.
We will see what he says in regards to what you are seeing.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thanks buddy I hope I found ET Im gonna buy him a pint and invite him over for a welcoming party if I did I hope if I did they are friendly.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
WOW what an interesting thread

I'll be sure to flag this and keep an eye on its outcome.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think people thought I was hoaxing at first can't blame them thinks for reading ATS I got that warm feeling again from this forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smans
...Why do you have a chunck from 13 months ago?...

I understand there is a time delay between the time Arecibo actually records the signal and the time it gets analyzed by a 'SETI@Home' user. Arecibo records the signals, then physically sends tapes of the recordings to the University of Berkley, who then separates the signal into smaller pieces and sends them to SETI@Home users via the internet.

But smans raises a good question. Does anyone know if 13 months is a normal amount of time between the acquisition of signal and SETI@Home analysis? Do they have that much of a backlog? I'm not a SETI@Home user, so I don't know exactly how it works.

[edit on 1/14/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Relpy from Seti@home user help:

Tim Norris (Ireland) stated [17:11:27] "I dont think you could interpret them and the results are analysed by berkeley"

[17:12:29]smans asks: "is the graph normal?"

[17:13:22] Tim Norris says: I don't know for sure, I can only give advice on running the boinc program, you would have to contact Berkeley and get an answer from them

I am still awaiting a response from DR C.E.T.I.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smans

Just logged on and thanks for taking the reigns smans, the op was really nervous last night during the search phase and all we could do was keep him in tune and on track, if you noticed.
You obviously have done this before and its good we have technical experts on ATS, it shows the OP has trust in ATS and that is good, so thanks for keeping us posted on his behalf. I'm an ancient ham op, ok.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My pleasure. I am no expert, but I now how to find them

I am heading off for a little while and will check back in later.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nice interesting thread. Is what i love about ATS every now and then there is a bit of excitement. Usually leads to nothing but is always fun to check up on.

Good work to the OP for coming here to tell us first
I was thinking of getting SETI@home before and i think i would of done exactly the same as the OP coming on here if the screen started going mad.

Although i am a little surprised the backlog of data being analysed by SETI@home users is over a year old.

Will be keeping an eye on this, all you can ever do is hope its the real deal. Imagine if it was that rare 1 in a million gem that has finally gotten through

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have a reply requesting more information about the user.
OP please reply to me with the answers in forum here.

- where did You find this User? as can be seen on the last png - that user is named Aaron (who's on the TeAm SETIUSA) - but there isn't anybody listed.

can You provide a link to said individual - so i may look at their account? Thank You

btw - the first 5 images are NOT ok to view - can't see anything except for a small 'avatar' sized image - the last image is what i refer to re: Aaron

richard

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't know.

When I ran SETI@Home, I had signals like that quite often when I would watch it.

I stopped using it because I got worried about over-taxing my computer.

Been thinking about doing it again. If I can get in on my PS3 instead of Folding@Home, I would run it on both.

Hope you found a signal, but, I take it all those 'signals' I saw and was excited about were nothing, or SETI works with the others to find and hide this stuff

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
From the scarce information actually existing on this thread, this can be aboslutely anything. I can't interpret the colorful spectra I see in the pics as any sort of signature of an alien signal. One must be an expert in analyzing these recording to even remotely hint at such possibility, and expert means: expert on terrestrial sources of noise.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not running SETI, but I'm planning to do so.

I think someone should make a thread about what to do if you find a signal.

Does anybody know if there's any webpage with this information?

Probably the SETI site has, I still haven't searched for it yet, but apparently people (like hello123456) dont know what to do when they find a signal, so I guess there isn't such a site.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsnake
I'm not running SETI, but I'm planning to do so.

I think someone should make a thread about what to do if you find a signal.

Does anybody know if there's any webpage with this information?

Probably the SETI site has, I still haven't searched for it yet, but apparently people (like hello123456) dont know what to do when they find a signal, so I guess there isn't such a site.

Try here for contact info (literally contact) and help from the experts about your signal type and strength:
setiathome.berkeley.edu...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I cannot remember in the faintest where I heard this, but I either read or or watched an interview of someone claiming that SETI had already found a signal but didn't go public with it.
Does anyone know where I came across this rumor ?
I of course am calling it a rumor and I'm betting on one of the project camelot vids as most of those were playing in the background while I work.
There's just so many dern conspiracies out there it's hard to keep track of them.

Congrats if you found a signal! just DON'T send them one !

b

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
I cannot remember in the faintest where I heard this, but I either read or or watched an interview of someone claiming that SETI had already found a signal but didn't go public with it.
Does anyone know where I came across this rumor ?
I of course am calling it a rumor and I'm betting on one of the project camelot vids as most of those were playing in the background while I work.
There's just so many dern conspiracies out there it's hard to keep track of them.

Congrats if you found a signal! just DON'T send them one !

b

I can remember this also, shortly afterwards a senior SETI member left the program...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, click here, back in 2004.

Why would SETI want to keep anything that's found a secret?? They're very very low on funding, and have nothing to show for it, they'd be clambering to show something conclusive.

Secondly, I hate to be a party pooper but those screensaver shots look just like anything else I've seen on the SETI@Home screensaver.

Screensaver = pretty graphics

Remember, the SETI software is looking for TRIPLETS in the signal, as limited as the screensaver is, I only see ONE big spike, which means it's most likely noise.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
michio kaku was on c2c with art bell a couple of weeks ago and talked about the seti@home project. he said that seti has purposely sends out packets with "false alarms" in order to confirm whether the system is working correctly or not. as he acknowledged, the downside is that seti is then able to call any significant signal a "false alarm" whether it is real or not, and no one will be any the wiser.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by drfractal]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join