It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a signal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ATS we have a signal Im sure who do I contact and notify though to tell I have a signal Im unsure what to do.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Only SETI themselves will be able to determine if you have a signal. The same work unit is usually done by two or three people as contingency, so, even if you have something, so will someone else. There's millions of work units done every day, you might be looking at interference.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The graphics are unusual right now Im serious I think I have a signal
trust me

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The graphics are unusual right now Im serious I think I have a signal
trust me

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'll bite... I'm pretty sure that you have to point your receiver at a completely different part of the sky to verify that the signal isn't just something bouncing off the atmosphere. Once that is done, my best guess would be to contact the actual SETI, not the ATS version. I would stay away from NASA, as they are corrupt. You also may want to record the signal in every way possible, it will most likely go away sooner or later. I don't know what else to tell you.
Good luck! I hope it's real, but I won't hold my breath. If you see an unmarked government vehicle outside your house, it's too late to run.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You know, details are key.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here we go a big clash of a radar type star thing flashed in front of the screen when the bars were on.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
they are facing a diffrent derection now they are going diagnal.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok, I'm shrugging... are you recording all this? Including your procedures?
I would also try to contact an observatory. I don't know- wish I could be of more help.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I Have over 100 pictures right now of the graphics how do i contact by email?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Seriously- DO NOT TRUST NASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just be careful who you contact, ok? If you have the real deal, chances are so do they, and they don't want us to know. Catch my drift?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok yeah then who do I trust I need like an Email adress to contact Im not sure who to contact?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh Christ, what are you reading with? What are you using, what software, hardware?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've never tried U2U, but just sent my email to your account. I'll check mine in a bit. Any particular direction of sky from Northern Hemishpere, Eastern time zone? I'm heading on the back deck for a look to see if any odd visual. (It's probably only radio, but you never know).

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
aols not working so I can't email anyone the server wont go to mail for some reason how wierd.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Are you using SETI@Home?

The last strong signal was received back in 2003, even that one can't be completely classified as an 'alien' signal.

With the millions upon millions of work units that are done, you cannot tell if you've found something by simply looking at a screensaver (if that's what you're looking at).

[edit on 13-1-2008 by mattguy404]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah- "weird". Does that happen alot? I think AOL is owned by Time Warner. Raising any red flags? I'm just being reactionary. I'm working on a good email address for you as we speak, not that it will do any immediate good. I misunderstood and thought you wanted mine at first. I mean, you are more than welcome to send them, but no obligation. I'll get back with more info soon I hope. What general area (without disclosing too much) is your receiver located in? I am sure the terminus of the signal matters.

[edit on 13/1/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey OP, Are you still doing a seti search and if so are you still locked on the the signal, if so make sure you do a save at least every minute if not sooner, download on a cd as much as you can of everything. Dont leave any holes in your discovery.
Seti already must be locked on as well because you are part of a hive,ok.
Just make sure you save, contact Seti first but dont stop running your Seti program. Someone from ATS thats knowledgeable in Microwave testing and someone that knows RF software will be needed and there are polenty here in ATS.
Stay cool and dont lose control of your findings, but make sure you save as much as possible, take many a photo of your screen at different intervals and maybe the rest of your setup, because you need to squewlch the skeptics if you do have something, good luck and keep us informed.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have photos there was wierd light burst on the screen couldnt get a picture of it though it was fast. I have pictures yes.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There you go- that was sound advice! Much better than I could provide. Anyways, it sounds like if you follow those instructions you should be ok. Just record everything like we said- that is of UTMOST importance! Good luck, and brew a pot of java- you'll need it if this is the real deal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join