It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Laser Pointers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried to signal a UFO with a laser pointing device. Not that doing so doesn't come with some potential risk, but it was just a thought. I would reckon that a typical, if there is such a thing, sighting would cause enough fluster in just trying to record the incident on some sort of camera, never mind trying to do the 'phone home' thing with a laser pointer at the same time.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
To begin with, as coherent and as high tech it may be to us, they probably consider a laser beam to be very primitive.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but every time I've ever been "lit up" with a laser pointer, I feel like popping the offender in the manpleaser. I know that makes me some kind of meathead primate, it's just instant reaction.
Is that what I want to do to a technologically superior entity? Not so much.
Just a though.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, if it happens to NOT be a UFO, and instead some sort of aircraft, you could blind the pilot. There's been cases where people have used green stargazing lasers and have ended up causing very serious situations where the pilots were temporarily blinded.

I think it's just generally a bad idea to shine any laser up in the sky, at anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
Just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried to signal a UFO with a laser pointing device. Not that doing so doesn't come with some potential risk, but it was just a thought. I would reckon that a typical, if there is such a thing, sighting would cause enough fluster in just trying to record the incident on some sort of camera, never mind trying to do the 'phone home' thing with a laser pointer at the same time.

Thoughts?

Look around google and/or youtube. I remember seeing something like that there where some one claimed to be communicating with a laser.

But as mentioned, be careful lighting up the sky with powerful lasers. (Look around youtube on how to make one on the cheap.) A guy got busted alleged to have been shining green lasers at planes. Think he was in Jersey. The claim was they threat of it being part of a laser targeting system. I think there is a law against that now. You might want to check that out.
Could be the space buggers are attracted to them...

As far as blinding pilots, that was part of that ruckus as well. Do you think that one would be able to hold their hand still enough to track an object traveling, being conservative, 300 mph at well over a mile away? I agree though, it wouldn't be a bright idea to point a laser at a plane.
Pointing one at a UFO, I don't think I'd do that either.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I could just see a little grey alien crawling out of his craft yelling, "DON"T LASE ME BRO!"

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I could just see a little grey alien crawling out of his craft yelling, "DON"T LASE ME BRO!"

That's seriously funny... did the gray ask the OP if he was a member of "Orbs and Drones"? Ok, that was reaching a little too far...

Seriously though, now that I've thought a bit more... The only place a laser pointer belongs IMHO is part of a targeting device. Anything else is obnoxious and hence subject to my aforementioned punch.

[edit on 13/1/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That is seriously the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

And yeah, on a more serious note, if you use a laser pointer, at least the high powered models, on an aircraft, you can, as others pointed out, temporarily blind a pilot. I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to do this, too, since it's interfering with air traffic.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

That is seriously the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

If THAT is the funniest thing you've seen in a long time, for Gods sake get out of your basement and experience life a little man!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Speaking of laser pointers. There is currently one on the market that costs about $250, that is roughly the same size as a normal laser pointer but is powerful enough to pop balloons, and burn human flesh. Interesting, no?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
now I read somewhere, on the topic of calling to UFO's that using a flashlight in the sequence of 3 flashes, done over and over and over ect, WILL call to a UFO...........but if you point a laser light at them they leave asap. They do not like a laser I guess. The guy talking about this said it took him more than a YEAR to get any UFOs to come back once he had used the laser light toward them.

So I am going to vote that they DO NOT like it.............even a lil bit.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Can I jump in here to say that if you do use a laser please avoid any and all eyes around you, its no laughing matter, ok, and I dont mean that you are laughing but it is serious.

I have gone thru a laser eye test and its not fun, they squirt some sort of chemical into your eyes for a short period of time then your pupils become so dilated that you feel as though you could see the craters on the moon, but if you see any medium light or stronger, then there is pain in the back of your eyeballs, enough to make you feel queezy and maybe puke.

Then they put you into a special head stablizing gear so your head doesnt move, then they take pictures at the back of your cornea for any laser damage that could have occurred, what a bad day it ends up being with you leaving the doctors office in big black wrap around glasses.

The feeling of your pupils dilated like that, really makes you sick in the stomach or is it the chemical, I dont know. The dilation lasts anywhere from an hour or more after you leave the doctors, so please take care and treat it seriously, ok.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Mate, any laser above 50mw will pop/burn things, and they cost $50
I have a $90 200mw laser that reachs near 4000ft though it does chew batteries.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by nighttowel]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have a green lazer pointer. They really shine! You can watch the bean just climb and climb into what seems to be infinaty.

If I ever seen a real identified UFO, I know I could touch it with that lazer pointer and I would.

However my nights of standing outside pointing it into the sky at things quickly came to an end when for the second time after doing something like that I hear on the nightly news that they are investigating someone pointing a green lazer pointer up at planes.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
To the OP-Yes I have done this. Particularly when I began my quest to make contact / signal them. I used to fire off intermitant signals into varying portions of sky at night. Not sure what effect it had, but eventually I did get flashes back.

top topics

join