It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does china have the guts 2 nuke USA??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
maybe China would nuke USA,but look what would happen in return,the bush admin has stated if anyone uses weapons of mass destruction,then USA will respond with overwhelming force!!

Hu Jintao can say to Bush "Cao Ni Ma" it means F..K YOU!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerochip666

If ANY country would use "weapons of mass destruction" against ANY country, mayhem would ensue.

The question, then, is not about "guts".
The question is: is China INSANE enough to do that?
(And the same would go for any country, of course.)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Any country nuking any other country would be starved to death by the remaining nations. Nobody would do trade, nobody would send aid. The nuking nation would be isolated and quarantined from humanity.

The only reason chinese people are not eating chinese people today is because they are getting jobs and food thanks to Americans buying the garbage products they produce.

Take away that trade, China starves and Americans have to learn how to build cheap plastic junk again.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

Well said, that is the truth!

It definately would not be in China's best interests to nuke the USA. An example of why is...

You are a store owner, someone walks in to buy some merchandise, you shoot him, make sense... no.

So why would China?

Any how, if China did they would have the USA's nuclear arsenal knocking on there door.
Would you want that?

[edit on 15-1-2008 by ncbrian211]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The "guts"?!?

I'd say they are nowhere near stupid enough to launch a nuclear attack on the USA.

Why should they?
They'll be buying up half the place in 30 years anyway

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Do they have the guts? Yeah. Are they dumb enough to? Nope.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The point of a war is to win it. There is no winning a war where a rogue nation decides to nuke the U.S... It would be the end of civilization. I don't think China, or anyone else particularly desires that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why would they want to?
Surely they would have to have a pretty good reason, and despite the desperate state of world affairs, I don't see that Sino-US relations have deteriorated to such a point that this could occur.

As for have they got the balls?
I would suspect so, however, I for one don't want to be around if this end game ever get's played out.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You're missing the element of why exactly they'd be nuking the USA.
Just out of the blue? No.
As a last resort if their country was at risk? Well I guess they'd have to.

Not that they'd get very far, but there's no point them having a nuclear arsenal if they're not prepared to use it when they have to.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I would suspect so, however, I for one don't want to be around if this end game ever get's played out.

You and me both. It wouldn't be fun... Hope for survival? The mountains...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's not a matter if they have the guts, it just doesn't make any sense for them to do it. There's too much at stake. They're an economy driven nation, it would be suicide for them to nuke the US.

Plus we owe them a lot of money.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

We ain't desperate for Chinese products. And other countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia can replace the lost goods.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Yeah, me either, given that I'm less than five miles from the bulk of the US Pacific Fleet, I think it would be a bad day for me

As far as "desperate to buy Chinese products", well there are some very nice Trumpeter model kits on my wish list, so please don't nuke us China, I'm sending you my money dammit

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Not necessarily saying that we're desperate for their high quality goods *sarcasm*

But they are he 2nd largest holders of US debt... don't think they'd risk losing that chunk of change

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 15-1-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
China does plan to overtake the USA as a global power some time in the next 10 years or so. But they are smart enough to know that war will not work in their interest. But they are still taking part in an "economic war" with other nations.

China owns alot of US debt, and I beleive they could influenec other nations aswell as take action themselves that would severely stress the US economy.

How will the US continue all its military "adventures" around the world if their economy at home couldnt support them?

With the amount of money they spend on B.S around the world wouldnt you think they would of atleast tried to construct some sort of healthcare system that works?

Fix your own backyard before trying to fix your neighbours, else both will turn to crap!

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The only time I can see china launched a nuclear strike on the US or for that matter any other country would be an assault on the Chinese mainland or a very direct thread.

But to answer the OPs question, China would only have the guts if it was sure it would not be attacked back, and even when China does overtake the US as the global superpower, the US will still be a very strong and powerful force, and would continue to have the ability to launch a counter attack.

Can we see a time in the next 50 years when the US is incapable of launching a counter attack. Not really.

I am interested, mikerochip666, in the background to your question?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

China.......they are long term players........they have already built the wall out the back ....and a concreate army *hint of sarcasim* .....they gave England Hong Kong for 99 years, all those greedy sods' that "owned" Hong Kong back then must have thougt all there christmas had come at once. But they had not much care for the long term future of Hong Kong or anything else id imagine ,only to line there pockets and get as much money today as they could ( not much changes).............rember on the whole China is an athiest country.......they "hate" budda ......"you would think all Amercians would be buddhists" ....think about it lol, back on track........So yes china is as big a player as you can get ,most of what we own is made in China ...and they are heading for a major "boom"....So again yes i wouldnt put it past China to nuke whoever they wanted........nor would i put it past any nuclear country to do the same.

To sum up: you wouldnt wanna' fight em'

PS if you didnt get the budest joke "your all fat" lol

PPS Im a limmey my teeth suck

PPPS maybe i tried to say to much in one post

[edit on 15-1-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't mean any disrespect, but the members who posted here did a good job of making a nothing topic in to something.

Originally posted by mikerochip666
maybe China would nuke USA,

Why? What made you bring this up?

but look what would happen in return,the bush admin has stated if anyone uses weapons of mass destruction,then USA will respond with overwhelming force!!

Is that news?

I bet Russia would respond with overwhelming force if a nation nuked them. I bet the United Kingdom would respond with overwhelming force if a nation nuked them. I bet China, France, Israel, India, and Pakistan would do the same.

What is your point here?

Hu Jintao can say to Bush "Cao Ni Ma" it means F..K YOU!!

OK?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

WHY Nuke, every time we elect someone who promises change we go Two steps Back. The Demacrats got elected a year ago, AND no changes, Sorry I forgot
Most people will lose a lot of Homes, Due to forclosures, So can you say: WHO'S at Fault Here, No blame just facts

top topics

<<   2 >>

join