It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires: A Turn On?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My obsession is the Vampire, but I don't know as much as I'd like to. Discussions with other members would be fantastic.

Vampires are one of the most seductive and mysterious creatures of modern and pasttime fantasies. Many think they're grotesque and hate even the thought of someone who would drink another's blood. But really, we're talking about a dark and (as mentioned before) seductive creature lurring you into his arms and sucking your neck. You can't tell me that doesn't turn you on even a little...?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rachel_07

Sucking my neck? Maybe a little.

Sharp thirsty fangs in my neck? I think I'll pass.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just do a little google or ats search vampires and ats many many many topics and disscusions about it on here. might go watch Lost Boys now Mint film!

[edit on 22/11/2007 by SE7EN]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't know too much about new age Vampires, I know more about old school vampires, but don't they have some form of mind control either way?

About them being seductive, it reminds me of those crazy flowers that lures in insects using the insects own pheromones and the eats them. Vampires could be considered to be acting in the same way, flower to bug as vampire to human.

Also, Vampires seemed to be based on the reptile brain or that lower level mind, the one about basic desires and the main functionality to survive and reproduce. Vampires seem to be degraded person in design, the bare bone dark inside of people that people hate themselves. Making the Vampire a great foe against human protagonists in stories.

I have always been fascinated with the idea of creatures such as vampires and undead things, about their peculiar designs. I don't believe that they are real, only genius ideals of an antagonist in stories and what it shows about human desires and fears in the people that design them.

About them turning me on? No I find that they don't. If they do turn you on, it seems to say that you are craving a relationship, but can't find someone with enough confidence to ask you our or something. (Just a guess from my limited knowledge of psychology.)

To me vampires are a symbol or level a strength that has to be obtained and surpassed, or crushed in my terms. I am a game designer and I have always like the fact that undead things seem to the main artificial enemy in games and the popularity of games that contain them, i.e. the success for RE4 (biohazard 4), one of the best selling games of all time.

Undead or Vampires seem to be the form our dark insides would become if they were let out to live as our enemy and that is why people like to defeat them in stories and games. Kind of like defeating that image of you that you see in the mirror and detest.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by halfmask]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh yes, and it works both ways. Hard to imagine anything more seductive than the classic vampire (in my case, vampiress). I think it has something to do with the sense of vulnerability and releasing your fate into the other’s hands. There is a big thrill when such a sensitive and unprotected area comes under nibble attack hehe. As far as bloodletting from a lover’s wounds goes, well from what I’ve heard that can be a surreal experience.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Darce]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is something so sexy about a female vampire. Cant really explain it

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
There is something so sexy about a female vampire. Cant really explain it

Yeah in Hollywood films, they are great. Until the cliche hiss, damned trite that is.

But now look around the internet for the people who think they are vampires
and you'll find fat pimply depressed losers. Someone should stake 'em down
before they suck the life out of another jelly doughnut.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Well, I'd sure let her suck my neck any day...

This line is to comply with the one line rule here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rachel_07Whatever floats your boat....

Vampires are one of the most seductive and mysterious creatures of modern and pasttime fantasies. Many think they're grotesque and hate even the thought of someone who would drink another's blood. But really, we're talking about a dark and (as mentioned before) seductive creature lurring you into his arms and sucking your neck. You can't tell me that doesn't turn you on even a little...?

I see nothing more than an excitable fetish and very little else in your post.

Some people may get a similar kick roll playing King Kongor Godzilla ... saaaad people.

Yeah, go ahead and wrap up warm. Take a minder with you to a misty cemetary in some remote region. With a little imagination you could find an undead wandering through the woods.

As for a Vampire being a 'turn on' well, I could reveal a story that happened to me with a new flame.... but.... I'll let your imagination feed on thoughts more pure.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Vampires tend to appeal towards the darker, more carnal side of human nature. Which is why for some people they can be a turn on.
The area of the neck above the jugular vein is a warm and sensitive spot and it is well known that most physical contact there will stimulate some form of desire, whether you want it to or not.
Hollywood has romanticised vampires quite a lot and they are now seen as dark and seductive, but seriously, who can argue.
Every one of us, even the most pious, religious individuals have a deep, inbuilt desire to release our darker side. Even if we don't know it. That's why people like serial killers begin to enjoy it, it gives a thrill. (By the way I don't condone murder).
Also, blood is almost the life essence of a person. It contains their genetic information as well as the means by which their body functions and survives. Thus the thought of this being drained from you, whilst not being ideal for many, is strangely fascinating and even slightly thrilling thinking that you could hold someones life in the palm of your hand to toy with as you will.

Personally, I do find Vampires a bit of a turn on and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Whether it's just a strange fetish or the inbuilt need to experience my darker side, I don't know. But I wouldn't be averse to a Vampire taking my blood... provided they give me something in return.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rachel_07

No, it doesn't. In fact, it infuriates me.

The idea of the vampire being a seductive creature is a modern one. Before the 20th century, vampires were animalistic, brutal creatures. In some stories, they were more akin to George Romero-esque zombies, except with a thirst for blood instead of living-flesh. In many respects, 30 Days of Night is the most accurate depiction of old-fashioned vampires in recent memory.

The Anne Rice-type androgynous, seductive, pining, angst-ridden vampire has been a curse to horror literature. They are cliched and boring now. Nothing sexy or scary about them.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Yeah, vampires really aren't what they used to be. I do wish film makers had kept the concept of transforming into bats or even mist. I did like the transformations in Van Helsing, though. But I agree that they aren't scary at all anymore.

I think part of the attraction is their tantalizing allurement. The fact that they can make their victims hate and love them simultaneously.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, I can see that vampires are more of a turn on than other creatures, like werewolves?

The fleas, the hair, the freakin' Gravy Train that you have to always stock for when they come over for a visit. Nope, werewolves aren't as cool as vampires.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Yeah... funny how stuff that used to be nasty is now sexy/cool. Kinda like how pirates are depicted today.

Imagine, in 50 to 100 years time, terrorists will be cool/sexy, too

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I believe there are spiritual vampires and even some folks who actually believe it's cool to drink blood. I want nothing to do with any of them.

I imagine it would feel like getting your private parts messaged by the hand of death, It would feel pretty good until the overall implications of the situation began to sink in.

Nosireebob, I'll have nothing to do with those wanna be death crazies who believe power comes from the end of a fang. Sex should not be painful, or deadly. Well, sometimes painful if their into that, but they should always use a safe word.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have my yearly bout of the flu and I'm going to go drink another hot tottie.

Love and light my friends,

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Yeah... funny how stuff that used to be nasty is now sexy/cool. Kinda like how pirates are depicted today.

Imagine, in 50 to 100 years time, terrorists will be cool/sexy, too

LOL

I can picture kids going to school with bandannas over their face and IED's in their pockets !!!!

LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Vampires eh... Hmm. I may have to really pass on the vampire and really, really go with a succubus. I mean come one, there is a difference and all. Right guys? umm, guys? Not a huge fan of something sticking sharp fangs in my neck either...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I with you on the Succubus, horns, fangs, wings, and a tail. What a ride.

Be careful with alcohol though, what you think is a succubs might turn out to be a flying monkey, and he'll get your little dog too!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I can see how literary vampires would turn some people on.

Real Vampires will eat you alive wether you like it or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I can see how literary vampires would turn some people on.

Real Vampires will eat you alive wether you like it or not.

Hahahah so true;D

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join