It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You Thankful For?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I woke up today and it was sunny. It uplifted my heart because I have been waiting and wanting some natural warmth to come. So I went for a walk, and wondered what it would be like if there was no sun. So I was thankful for the sun. I have worried a lot about my little brother dying, and while I do not see a specific reason to worry, I found how thankful I am for him. I found how thankful I am for my family, for everyone.

The truth is that everything will pass away, everything will change in this reality. Essence will not change, but perception will change. So knowing this I realized that while we shall be thankful, we shall also watch it come to pass and be thankful for change as well. And so with these truths I saw that even we will pass, and my attachment to things lessened, and so I became more free, and it was beautiful.

What are you thankful for?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Me i am thankful for every breath I take, everyday that I am free to do as I will. I am thankful for the greatest collection of friends and family that are so loyal and considerate of me i could never find a way to repay all that they have given me. I am thankful for a collection of great memories that came with the greatest friend i have ever had the honor of knowing. Really the list goes on and on.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am thankful for when there is pie.

I am thankful for the ATS/BTS members that DON'T constantly try and win me over to their way of thinking.

I am thankful that I can do my own thinking, for now anyways.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The fact that I will not have to live forever.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is a great thread topic.
More than I can know. A great day. In a word, everything. It's all too complex for words and too pure a sentiment to bracket in simple language for me. I'm very fortunate.

There's an old song by Tom T. Hall... reminds of some of what I'm thankful for, it's called, "I Love".

I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, sunday school in may,
And hay
And I love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends, birds in the world, and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups, bourbon in a glass, and grass and I love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child, tomatoes on the vine, and onions
I love winners when they cry, losers when they try, music when it's good, and life
And I love you too

Thanks for the opportunity,

Vic

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The things I'm thankful for:
1. Another day of life:
2. Two great brothers, a great nephew, and two great nieces;
3. A great, if small, group of friends;
4. My health;
5. A place to call home;
6. The little things in life;
7. A good sense of humor; and.
8. Living comfortably.
There are many, many other things that could go on this list, too. But what I have listed on it is the most important things, to me, in life that one could wish and hope for. Everything else is just icing on the cake!

top topics

join