It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre statement from Fox Debate Moderator

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm not exactly sure how we got to reptilians....

He says:

"Congressman Paul, uh, in another question about electability, [their way], do you have any sir?"

This could possibly be, in my mind, something he was told to say, and this is just one of those cases of "them" making their presence known while still hiding it in plain sight. I mean, it makes sense. In another question about electability "their way", do you have any? Meaning, does he have any electability when the system is run THEIR WAY.

I guarantee most people didn't catch that, but "they" still show themselves without really showing themselves. It's a game.

Then again, perhaps he really did just overhear a conversation in his ear piece and messed up his speech, like someone else here said.

Could be either one or anything in between. But I doubt he just randomly slurred his speech and said "their way" for no reason, and I very very highly doubt this has anything to do with reptilians.

[edit on 1/14/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
*sigh* One small comment about reptilians followed by
and now everyone seems to think its a joke. Please, everyone, nobody has made a serious reference to reptilians here. My personal opinion is that this moderator said that on purpose. Maybe he said it because he knows there are greater powers than the government that made him take such a cheap shot at Ron Paul. Maybe he's tired of it and he knew a comment over looked by most would be picked up by "conspiracy theorists" as an acknowledgement of said powers. I personally think he likes Ron Paul and he realizes that the PTB want him shut down ASAP because he is a threat to them. No other candidate has been cheap-shotted nearly to the extent that Ron Paul has, if at all.

On a side note.. what kind of question was that? That really just pissed me off

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
He's got a frog in his throat and says "airway"!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
what a freak.His brain and mouth had a disagreement over what to say

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I saw this video on Digg yesterday. It was on there because Faux edited it out of their broadcast. Then when it made its way to youtube, they repeatedly took it down.

I don't know, the "their way" thing is odd, but I am not seeing anything larger at work here. I thought it was annoying to hear the child like snickering of the people who were mik'd up when the question was asked. It looked like a popularity contest in Jr High or something.

Ron Paul gave a great answer though. It is really a shame what fox is getting away with in regards to this election.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I thought the same thing. Laughing like they just broke a kid's crayons in kindergarden. It was disgusting. But you don't think that the moderator could be hinting at something larger?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I just didn't pick up the larger conspiracy with this one. It just seemed like cheap electioneering by faux. Another attempt at smearing Ron Paul, now using playground tactics.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
OK this one is for all of you who 'hear him clearly' saying what you claim. Please view the following video. For the impatient among you, you can immediately jump forward to part 4 of the video, named 'Video perception'.

Video

The guy is just muttering. Let it go. We could all use some healthy scepticism on this board.

btw... check around ted.com ... there are many really great videos there.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It does look pretty weird.

It may have been nothing more than a little case of the nerves.
After all, he had to ask a COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS question, to the smartest guy on that stage. He knew he was about to be OWNED.

Paul's interactions with Rudy, from previous debates might be what costs Giuliani the election. Paul has made a fool of Rudy more than once. It doesn't help the Rudy giggles like 5th grade schoolgirl.

Thanks to Carl, this video is being seen more than any other.
And it's one of Ron Paul's best moments.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
He almost answered a message that he was getting through an earphone. I've seen it happen.

You're dealing with someone face to face and you're also on a phone or other device, and suddenly you have a response to spit out into the communication device, and it starts to come out before you realize that it is not an appropriate point in your face to face conversation for you to be talking into the device.

Edit to add:
Right before he does it he looks down and closes his eyes, as if trying to block something out (somebody talking in his ear while he's trying to talk), then he looks back up with a very focused look, as if he's really trying to give his attention, but there's this hesitation, like he's wrestling with the urge to make a bad decision, and he starts to say something that clearly isnt directed at Paul, considering the change in volume and tone.

He's going through the same thing that most of us are when we are on the phone with a rowdy kid nearby- you try to block out the kid, then next thing you know something starts to slip out directed at the kid, even though you haven't excused yourself from the phone, so you stop, give your kid "hush" finger, and then you turn back to the phone.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Vagabond,

Yeah, I've seen that too.

Probably went something like this:

Carl didn't want to ask the question. He hesitated.
Over the earpiece came these words
"Carl, are you going to do it YOUR way, or THEIR way?

He said "Their way". And proceeded to ask that inane question.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I agree he was probably being asked a question, as that makes it more plausible that an experienced tv journalist would be thrown off. I'm sure he's used to getting instructions, not questions.

What the question was, I don't think there's any way to be sure. Their way? They're way (too...)? They're Wai...ting? They're wa...vering? the possibilities are quite varried.

It could have been some dumb rookie asking why they hadn't cut to commerical, or it could have been Karl Rove asking why he wasn't stomping Ron Paul's guts out.

This reminds me of that newscast we had a youtube of a while back, where you could hear the producer's instructions to the anchor coming out of an earphone that was too loud and not actually in the ear... the producer was telling the reporter to down-play a supposed nuclear threat in that case.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
well of all the clips that i've seen of ron paul, If i were american, I would definately be voting for him.

Second i would be voting for Barack Obama, but i really think he's just more of the same somehow when i read his speech about how he would doa premptive-strike on pakistan i think.... or what it india...???

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I see nothing at 8 seconds inside the video. Where does he says "their way" ?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

you may not hear it at first...I didnt, but what you do see if you watch his mouth is that it moves saying something. Go back and you hear almost a grunt come out as his lips move.
There is no denial that his mouth moved even if one may argue what he said.
Its not just a mere mouth movement Im talking about, but you clearly, beyond doubt, see him mouthing words.

Very weird indeed.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

You will hear it in imagination-land. Once you are told where and what to hear, your brain makes any random noise sound that way.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I personally believe he was just accidentally responding to something in his ear piece. Interesting never the less. As far as Ron Paul's response to the question .....
That was awesome, very impressed that was a question i'm sure he counted on being asked and had the perfect response planned out.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

Because thats obviously the case here.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What If Ron Paul and this FOX guy had pre-rehearsed the question before hand and the moderator said "Their Way" to gain a lot of public exposure for the answer which RP was about to give? I mean, there's a ton of YouTube vids popping up with the exact same 2mins+ of audio & video plus they knew CT'ists would be all over it like a rash

Maybe thats why he said it really quietly and it was later cut out

I dunno, I know sweet FA about US politics so just throwing some ideas about...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ok let's get one thing straight

there are many possible reasons for this "weird moment"

lets not be so dumb as to think it is either a normal studder or a reptilian (c'mon)

people always look for an excuse to be lulled back into their bubble where everything is normal so i guess i should allow this powerful trend continue

and by doing that.... this thread will end by being deflected into believing that if it isn't a normal studder than it is a reptilian (in order to get people to dismiss thinking about it) and then although this "either/ or" mentality is clearly foolish most cannot escape the conveinence of it. hopefully we will be a lil smarter this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join