It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridicule and disinformation in the media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ok, heres a question thats been burning in my mind for years. Has anyone but me ever noticed that EVERY time the topic of UFOs comes up in the media(News, Talk radio, or TV talk shows), it is accompanied by cheezy 1950s and 60s "theramin" sci-fi movie sound effects and the Twilight Zone theme? Do you think the corporate media heads are instructed to do this so the subject will be dismissed more quickly as "goofy" or "zany"? Or is it soley based on their ignorance? I can't decide. But I will tell you this: I am disheartened and irritated that the subject is relentlessly ridiculed despite the efforts of the good Dr. Greer and his Disclosure Project. i guess I will continue to be so, wont I?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed too. It could be ignorance or instructed to laugh at it, or both. The news anchors seem to always have a smile on their face when the subject comes up, and its starting to get on my last nerve. We're talking adults here. Time to grow up, open your mind and do your homework.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interdimensional_87
Yeah, I noticed too. It could be ignorance or instructed to laugh at it, or both. The news anchors seem to always have a smile on their face when the subject comes up, and its starting to get on my last nerve. We're talking adults here. Time to grow up, open your mind and do your homework.

True. Maybe you can give a call to Bob Lazar and politely ask if a team of scientists can examine what he calls a piece of Element 115, that he claims to have in his possession. This way, we can make huge strides on our understanding of the possible UFO phenomena. We actually have a sponsor here on ATS who can bankroll the experiments meant to obtain a final proof. Contact John Lear, he can call Bob as they are friends.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The ulimate solution.
throw out the tv, you can put a nice book stand there instead
(or for me it would be mabey a guitar on a stand)

the Main Stream Media is Pure Poison....Pure Poison...Pure Poison.

I have finally found the strength to walk away never to return.....lol

really though, the MSM is a joke now ....we all know it so lets
start boy-cotting.

call your cable companies and demand actions(its a start).
t
he web has all the info we need for sure.

Keep your mind......Don`t let them have it.......its yours....not theirs.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I appreciate all the feedback, guys. I want to comment on the reference to Bob Lazar. Did you know that he runs a really interesting company called UnitedNuclear? He has a particle collider on his property that hes not even allowed to operate unless EPA supervisors are present,lol. Check out Bob's company @ UnitedNuclear.com to see all the wierd # hes got for sale! Sodium Acetate, glassware, and assorted radioactive elements and devices. Wild. Anyway, thanks again for the input and for letting me know that im not alone on the ridicule issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That is really interesting. I have been thinking the exact same thing lately. Even on Larry king recently, they had these ridiculous graphics for flavor. Truthfully I am getting a bit bent out of shape over it. This is a serious sociological/scientific matter and they are dumbing the issue down like it is a game. We know the media is under control, but what do the powers that be have to gain from playing with the issue like that? Isn't hard core denial and ridicule enough. Let alone anyone with any gov't ties or licenses losing their jobs for bringing it up....these hokie graphics and cut in scenes are just a slap in the face after the fact.

On a side note...I do feel that consciousness is being raised on the subject quite a bit. There also seems to be a little more 'controlled' information leaks coming out. I think 'they' are slowly letting the issue become a real issue. There are more alien movies and documentaries than ever. Now if we could only get the masses to look into 'Fastwalkers' or the disclosure project....

top topics

join