It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President $$$$$

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think if i have a question its do you still think Mr/Ms average could grow up to be president today, or is it a job for the superrich?

We have the class system and you have the rich poor divide, we do too of course but you have a bigger population.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My father always told me I could be / do whatever I wanted.

I think if a person puts thier mind to it, anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
it's a nice saying--but that's about it

much of this world is about how much money you have or who you know

and if u don't think that's true your being awful naive

you can surely pull yourself up and improve your circumstances but to say you can achieve anything you put your mind to-- no

you may also have the ability or drive needed to do said thing---yet lack of funds or connections can still be an insurmountable barrier

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think Clinton and Ford are the only two in the modern era that could be of and from modest means. But in the end they ended up rich and you got to have political connections and other talents, although money lets you get away with not having all the talents!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
IM voteing Will Smith ...so yea im liveing in times when Yea' ..white or black, rich or poor, male or female, the good guy still wins.

BUT they wont let you in unless they like you.................puffff*

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Grampa: "You, President? This is the greatest country in the world. We've got a whole system set up to prevent people like you from ever becoming president.

new topics

top topics

join