It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got buzzed by a B-2 stealth bomber

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

Thanks for the response. Makes alot of sense. It was pretty awesome to get that view and not get blown up. VERY impressive piece of machinerey.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

So what happened to the pontoon teletubbies? Did they lose em shoot em down? Dont leave me hanging.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah it really is, as are all military aircraft. We were part of an F 18 detachment out of Pt. Mugu and China Lake, but we did some cross over stuff at Nellis so I have been lucky to be around a B2 that was there for a bit. Just talked to some of the crew and we talked parameters of the aircraft, those that they could anyway

Low level stuff is crazy, and when you are lucky enough to be in an area where the "governor comes off" it's pretty un*&^%$#@ real alright!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ROFL Solar.
I think they baited them with some bunnies and sucked them up in that vaccuum cleaner thingy when they were engaged with petting them. Then blasted the vacuum into deep space.
Just a high level rumor though.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
so they lost em huh?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ya, they lost 'em. One line post. Feel free to hit me if you require.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

This thing buzzed a nuclear plant, was on the news, had the military scramble and they lost it. That was no plane. Unless it was civilian and they shot it down and they didnt want the public to know they killed innocent people who made a mistake.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Time to take down a rogue 150 knot pontooned cessna. Twenty minutes at best. Time of military aerial spectical, nearly three hours. Probably NOT pontoon plane.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Thats a great story have you tried doing a google video search of pontoon plane like craft?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ok, now you are just toying with me. I gave you all the data of the day to the best of my memory and you're asking me if I ever saw a pontoon? I thought you were cool Solar.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Would someone please take the time to explain something to me....?

What exactly is a 'pontoon plane', and how can a Cessna have 'pontoons'?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Pontoons are basically floats for landing takeoff on water as opposed to wheeled craft on land. That simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I figured that 'pontoon plane' had to be a plane on floats. The more well known terms are Seaplane or Floatplane. I've never heard of Pontoons in anything except floating bridges, so it still makes sense.

Except the bit about it being chased by a B-2 (or an F-117) which makes no sense at all. I must have missed something.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by waynos]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Im not messing with you, I said pontoon LIKE plane, to see if their might be some ufo shots similiar to what you described. Im being serious. I wanted to see if maybe someone else might have taken pictures of something similiar.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Pontoons can be put on just about any fixed wing aircraft (propeller driven that is). A number of Cessna's have been fitted with them in the outer reaches of wilderness, for just that reason. There are no landing areas and natural waterways are easier to find in densely forrested areas as well. The reason the Cessna's are so popular is that they can take off and land in virtually no distance at all and they are extremely light....not to mention their glide path ratios.
Anyway, just do a quick search via the internet to find out more!

Peace, Mondo

P.S. Canada_eh is probably a great reference for this as I think he lives up in the great white north and has probably got some great info on this very subject!!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

These dont have pontoons but in the background you will notice a power plant.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This was the best I could come up with.
It still dosnt explain why they would scramble B-2s?????

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sorry for being a bit testy solar. I guess that was my entire point. I don't believe for one moment it was truly a pontoon/sea plane at all. Sometimes I do not make myself as clear as I should.
Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

No worries I think I might not have been clear either.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Would someone please take the time to explain something to me....?

What exactly is a 'pontoon plane', and how can a Cessna have 'pontoons'?

Haha I missed this little discussion. And your right Mondo I'm the guy to talk too. I have my share of buddies who fly them or have been trained on them for bush work.

In response to the Cobzz question a pontoon plane is as others have put it is a plane that has had floats added to the structure of the aircraft usually under the main fuselage for single engine aircraft.

The definition of pontoon is as follows:

pon·toon
1. A floating structure, such as a flatbottom boat, that is used to support a bridge.
2. A floating structure serving as a dock.
3. A float on a seaplane.

The Cessna as shown can have pontoons usually added as a aftermarket product as a kit or directly from cessna to begin with when the plane is purchased. One of the most famous pontoon bush planes is the Dehavilland Beaver that really is the one of the most used and successful bush aircraft.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join