It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got buzzed by a B-2 stealth bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So there I was sitting in my car in the parking lot at a major averit express terminal. It was a couple of sundays ago in the afternoon. I was waiting there to pick my father in law up who is a driver for them. I just happen to look up and my vision was filled by a B-2 stealth bomber that was so low I could have hit it with a rock. It made no noise and swooped right over the averit terminal and then began a sharp climb and then a sharp bank and then disapeared in the clouds. It made no sound until it was gone.
My immediate thought was that it did a bombing run simulation over a friendly distribution center. I dont live anywhere near a militay installation.
Where did it come from? What was it doing? I can tell you this, it startled the living crap out of me. It was very ominous.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Very strange indeed. I know my experience with the B-2 when Cleveland OH went to alert status red after unknown objects were reporting buzzing our two nuke plants (03?) reported by wtam radio it made the earth shake and air in my lungs quake. Like a 14k $ base system in some rod.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Of course it wouldn't make any noise. It is a best strategy to fool the enemy with silence.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but why wait two weeks before reporting it?

I would think it would be against their flight protocol to perform that kind of maneuver over populated areas. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you should have reported it to your local FAA, Civil aeronautics or other agency.

At any rate, interesting report.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well....actually it did make a heck of alot of noise but it wasnt until it had already disapeared behind the clouds. As far as waiting to report it I didnt have a clue what to do about it. I searched the internet for answers local papers and all that but I never found anything so I posted it here. I have also witnesed so much crazy stuff in my time it just sort of quits phasing me after the initial reaction. It was nothing like the day I was in oakridge and they pulled a surprise emergency test. That had me actualy praying. I would have forgotten all about it if I wasnt so convinced it was a bombing run excersise over a friendly civillian target. But it did scare me at that moment. It deffinately got my attention.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've seen the B2 down around Edwards air base and when they pour it on they blow black exhaust out the back. When your sighting occurred and the craft accelerated up, did it produce a black exhaust.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

When you say 'averitt express' do you mean near an airport or just a trucking company.

If it wasn't near an airport and it was flying that low, it is really strange. the B-2 is fly by wire and I'd think it would be really ill-advised to fly that low without a reason. I doubt their mission profiles ever include spooking citizens.

In the future I'd just look up the FAA in the phonebook and make a report to them if you're so inclined.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Now THAT makes sense solar513. Similar experience as mine. It is so bloody fast when you hear it i'ts gone. My dude was making passes in the afternoon from about 130p to 330p. I was getting frustrated I couldn't see the dang thing. So when I got home from walking th dogs, I trained my eyes on the largest open expanse by my house NE. Only had to wait 12 minutes for eyes on. Classic cookie cutter wing shape, all black, and bloody fast as anything I've ever seen. If I blinked I would have missed it.
The crazy thing, to this day I swear I thought I saw the lead wing bank down like on servos in a milisecond and make the craziest wickedest turn I ever saw. Could have been my perspective though.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

It was nowhere near an airport, its just a huge averit trucking distribution center. It was on a sunday and I was the only one in the parking lot as I said I was picking up my father in law who was behind to be getting in on sunday. The place was deserted. As for black smoke I actually didnt see any, it was flying strangely slow and didnt accelerate until it cleared the building where I lost it until it just started to climb and then bank.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Ive seen alot of aerial manuevers but for such a large craft it banked on a dime and was gone. When the "bombing run" was over it started to book.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is bizarre. The B-2 isn't an attack craft and usually bombs from altitude with GPS guided bombs, it also usually operates at night to avoid visual detection.

It's got four GE F118 non-afterburing turbofans so it does put out a fair bit of noise, and is bank limited to 60 degrees IIRC. It's also has a fairly low top speed for a jet at around 500 mph.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Maybe mine was 'masquerading' as a B2. There were plenty of F18's in the area too. I couldn't understand how it was not sending out sonic breaks, I figured it must have been just under mach1.
www.ufocasebook.com... This was same day. The con/chem trails photos do not even come close to doing justice. That morning it was insane. They were literally 'everywhere'.
Me thinks the B2's capabilities are far greater than we have been led to believe.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 14-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by what-lies-beneith
This is bizarre. The B-2 isn't an attack craft and usually bombs from altitude with GPS guided bombs, it also usually operates at night to avoid visual detection.

I have seen a B2 making low level runs on the Holbeach range on the Lincolnshire coast. I was visiting family just outside kings Lynn when the B2 appeared from the NorthEast, turned just past KL and leveled out for a run to the range. It made several more runs before heading off again in the direction of Mildenhall / Lakenheath.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Maybe they were on high alert from having our airspace invaded? Strange.

Ive given some thought about It being suggested I had called the FAA. What would that have accomplished? This was a STEALTH bomber. I doubt they would have told me anything. All I know are the facts I gave. It was very low and creeping by until the"target" was clear and then it poured on the gas. As for UFOs I have wittnesed many strange things in this area over the years. I was in a pizza hut parking lot with about twenty other people watching a garbage can sized black diamond hover in the sky for about 30 minutes before it suddenly took off and then a minute later 3 black unmarked helicopters came flying by going the same direction. That was years ago but same general area. Seen all kinds of stuff. Nashville airport is an hour away and ft cambell is about an hour and 45 minutes away. But where Im at is not considerd close to either.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Sounds alot like a story that i was told first hand from family friends that as they drove by London (ON, Canada) during the airshow they had a shadow do very quickly over their car which was driving on a farming road a distance from the airport and when he looked up he saw what he described as what was a perfect description of a F-117. He said that the way he appeared and left it felt like much as you are describing a bombing/attack run on his vehicle or the house they where driving by.

I'm not a military pilot and there are lots of pilots that like to have some fun but with the restrictions etc that are usal for these stealth aircraft it just makes it all the more interesting to see the pilots getting what "appears" to be a little fun.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In the US (I'm not sure if this applies to military regulations), airplanes must have a separation of 500 feet above the highest point (be it person, car, building, tower) in a condensed area (populated area).

It's very legal for the aircraft to be close like that, I'd say minimum would be around 1500 feet Above Ground Level. I may be a bit confused on the numbers, it's been a while since I took the test.

Nothing strange to me here, just a cool sighting.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Over the years Ive seen some C-130s and those personel carrier helicopters flying to ft cambell but they were always high in the sky this was my first bomber and close enough to hit with a loogie. Not what I was expecting to see that day.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
In the US (I'm not sure if this applies to military regulations), airplanes must have a separation of 500 feet above the highest point (be it person, car, building, tower) in a condensed area (populated area).

Nothing strange to me here, just a cool sighting.

In a 1000ft radius to the tallest object.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can you give an estimate of its height from the ground other than a stones throw. I also seen a B2 designed craft in 95 in arizona.

My renacted image of a small B2 encounter

Was it anything similar to what I say in 95.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I read your thread, very interesting. What I saw was deffinately a B-2 and their were no lights it was the middle of the day. I was sitting in my parked car and jumped out and ran to the back of the parking lot to keep it in sight as it passed over the building. Im not sure how high it was but if there had been a standard cb antennae on the roof it would have knocked it off. It actually blew gravel and dust off the roof.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join