It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here 2 minutes and already irritated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This would be my introduction.

I'll keep it short because of the massive migraine this website is giving me. ATS is very distracting, cluttered and confusing for navigation purposes. Heaven help me if I was intoxicated. What a mental maze that would be.

Please tell me there are other themes available. I'm also annoyed, to say the least about, this: 'There is already a thread with this title". No kidding, imagine that. I understand the purpose of a minimum character input and such into threads, but hell.

Cheers to opening a new door, with a sledgehammer in one hand and a rose in the other.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Cheers to opening a new door, with a sledgehammer in one hand and a rose in the other.

That's usually my approach to life.

I don't think either works very well here, because people - here and everywhere - seldom understand that the sledgehammer can be kind and the rose can have thorns (and still be a rose).

I hope you enjoy your stays here all the same.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor Snowfall

LoL!!!! Welcome to the maelstrom.
It's all just people...... well being people.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Don't be alarmed or put off. It gets easier.

Many people spend six months to a year lurking, I'd guess, reading the previous messages where major topics are covered and getting to know the lay-of-the-land, so to speak.

Take your time and read, read, read. I'd even suggest resisting the urge to reply, because doing so would interrupt your education.

Of course, you can't read everything, so best to get caught up on those subjects where you're likely to post comments.

Finally, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Oh boy .. a new guy coming in complaining about the site.
Your points are bunk, as no one else seems to have a problem, and to be quite honest, I can traverse the site intoxicated with ease.

Maybe thats my special skill.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Welcome Snow.

What you are faced with are the many different ways to move about in ATS. You will soon find your own style of getting around. Try the recent posts that always a good place to go.

You will also find some of the brightest minds in the world are here, and some not so much.

For more topic varieties try BelowTopSecret.com, and AbovePolitics.com Same log in, and buttons are at the very top.

Hope this helps, good luck, and again welcome to ATS

link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Don't be alarmed or put off. It gets easier.

Many people spend six months to a year lurking, I'd guess, reading the previous messages where major topics are covered and getting to know the lay-of-the-land, so to speak.

Take your time and read, read, read. I'd even suggest resisting the urge to reply, because doing so would interrupt your education.

Of course, you can't read everything, so best to get caught up on those subjects where you're likely to post comments.

Finally, welcome to ATS.

And accept every one of these topics here-in with a grain of salt.
So few do. Otherwords QUESTION EVERYTHING.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

link   
i am moron when it comes to navigating but i find this site the easiest. just give yourself a moment and you will come to enjoy the set up.

Welcome

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You'll get used to it. Use the "recent posts" button at the top a lot..

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

In regards to UFOs, even when people supply (the same old) links, somehow it still doesn't answer things factually, especially with claims of hoaxing and false information, disinformation etc.

Pictures of UFOs OR edited to appear as hoaxes? With so many doubts floating around, it seems almost pointless. And yet, people are still willing to look anyway, at the slight chance something might be sensational news.

In a sad or ironic way, it kinda reminds me of pigeons or seagulls and breadcrumbs otherwise. Regretfully, I don't usually post links, just comments and personal history and observations with little to no feedback.

And If you can't trust your own eyes, than how can you trust someone elses? Sorry if this is off your subject.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"Next stop...Willoughby"

Greetings and welcome to the Hotel California. Such a lovely place.....

Dont worry, you will learn to love us. Really. Just give us time. We grow on ya.

"Willoughby.....Next stop Willoughby".....

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What I do, is I click on RECENT POSTS and view everything that way. It is VERY easy and you see all the recent stuff posted. I even have it bookmarked on my desktop, so I just click on it!

Good luck. But BEWARE: ATS is extremely addicting!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Welcome, Victor Snowfall!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

top topics

join