It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops are waiting in fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Troops are waiting in fear

www.thesun.co.uk

EIGHTEEN British soldiers were last night facing an agonising wait to see if they will contract a deadly disease through contaminated blood supplied by America.

Today it was revealed that six British civilian workers may have also received the blood transfusions.

The gravely wounded troops needed drastic transfusions after cheating death on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now they fear they could yet be killed — by donated blood that was not properly screened and “cert

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
wow

18 people could be facing the prospect of living their life
with 1 of 3 diseases

HEPATITIS
HIV
SYHILIS

dont the screen blood or something before distrabuting it??

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2008 by bodrul]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is a sad sad story
my heart goes out to them families who have to deal with medical incompetance. I wonder if the medical staff in question will be charged with murder, because if this turns out to be their mistake, then I believe they should atleast be charged with involentary manslaughter. If this was a single case, I could see possibly a mistake - but for eighteen?!?! people. This is just downright horrific...

I dug up a few little tidbits about blood transfusions btw if any of you were interested :

Since November 1985, all blood collected in Canada has been screened for HIV and other communicable diseases. It's estimated that the risk of contracting HIV from donated blood is now 1 in 2.1 million. In the mid-1980s, that risk was 1 in 16,000. The risk of contracting hepatitis C is estimated at 1 in 1.9 million.

www.cbc.ca...

"..... In fact, the real risk of contracting a viral disease may be more like 1 in 5,000 - which is 1,000 times greater than the odds of dying in an airplane crash. Put another way, if airlines were allowed to set an 'acceptable safety standard' equivalent to that of the blood supply, there would be at least one fatal crash a month in the U.S."
- Business Week - Scrubbing the Blood Supply 11/15/1999

Worldwide five to ten percent of the cases of HIV infection are transmitted through the transfusion of infected Blood or tainted Blood products. Some of the other severe diseases that can be transmitted by transfusion include viral hepatitis C and B, syphilis, malaria and Chagas' disease. Annually, worldwide, bad transfusions cause an estimated 8 to 16 million hepatitis B virus infections, 2.3 to 5 million hepatitis C virus infections and 80,000 to 160,000 HIV infections.

www.bloodbook.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
oh dear, poor little hired killers

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I seem to remember a piece I read a long(ish) time ago about Slick Willy Clinton's involvement, while Governor of Arkansas, in a blood supply programme using blood taken / donated from prison inmates. Turns out that too was not screened properly and was not certified for use in the US but the plasma products were still sold outside the US.

I'm sure someone somewhere was making money from this, perhaps even knowing the dangers inherent in the products they were selling. After all, business is business and there's money to be made

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetragrammation
oh dear, poor little hired killers

wow what a rtarded reply
do some research into hired killers and soliders

Britguy yeap someone is most likely reaping some sort of reward from this like always, its a sick world we live in

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
without the blood tranfusion I expect they might have been at deaths door,poor buggers.
I bet its a nightmare waiting for the results!hopefully the lads will be fine

There is a big line between them being hired killers and soldiers,but if you live in Iraq and have been on the receiving end of US and Brit war machine that line might vanish.

I can understand that logic,but the British troops are trained better to deal with the situation in Iraq compared to the American side.
They show a lot more respect,humanity and compassion to the locals no matter what.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
and exactly the reason i will not nor have i taken a government "shot"
in 40 years. i don't trust them. either by deception or idiocy, i will not!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I posted about this here last week.

new topics

top topics

join