It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Humans Evolving Faster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Are Humans Evolving Faster?

unews.utah.edu

Dec. 10, 2007 - Researchers discovered genetic evidence that human evolution is speeding up - and has not halted or proceeded at a constant rate, as had been thought - indicating that humans on different continents are becoming increasingly different.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I found this article and found it to be of a little interestest.. I knew we where changing but changing how much. According to evolutionary charts we should not be where we are today. Maybe it was due to an alien experiment to speed up our growth , or just the right conditions to alter what we are. Who knows why we are changing so much in different places. Anyone have any good theorys here.

unews.utah.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
humans will never stop evolving. physically, we continue as our bodies
adjust to our planet. as it changes, so shall we. mentally, i'd like to
believe we are gaining more spirituality.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but I feel I am more in touch with my surroundings as far as environment and I can read people even before being introduced;than say my parents or people of that generation and I'm 43 now.So I would say we are evolving faster than before.I would imagine we are in many aspects like a learning computer.The more we learn the faster we become and the faster we start to learn.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kr0n1ck405

I have heard that originally our environment on earth was very different and that many evolving species at that time evolved at a much faster rate, giving the illusion of thousands of years rather than a few hundred. (Star Trek, Search for Spock-Genesis bomb)

We are supposedly heading into a galactic and or astrophysical time period that seems to be similar to these and causing abnormal rates of genetic alterations by increasingly changing magnetic field energy anomolies etc.

Unfortunately various cancers with tumors will probably be a huge part of these changes also. For all we know, some of these changes happen at different points of the planet, similarly to new growth in volcanically active areas.

Some areas of the planet, in particular, small islands possibly caused the opposite effects and stunted growths. For all we know, a cancerous growth might be altered by changing where we live, such as the opposite part of the world or a small island.

It's been mentioned that microwave towers cause cancer growths, so environment seems to be a huge factor. I wonder if any studies of cancer with lab animals in space have altered their growths?

While it's been noted that wild animals react quicker than humans to natural changes or warnings, humans may be reprogramed to ignore these instincts living in cities that might even mask them. Maybe our natural instincts are in for a major reawakening?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kr0n1ck405

Fascinating study. I would have to generally agree though.

Our environment happens to be very stressful in much of the industrialized world. 'Third-World' nations do not have it much better as they have to struggle for survival (food, water, shelter in many places in Africa).

I would be very surprised if our bodies and minds were not trying to keep up with the times.

Our technology has been rapidly advancing over the past hundred years, so why not us as well?

Evolution is not something that stops after a species evolves into a new animal; the process is ongoing.

Since birth, every single one of us is constantly mutating and trying to find better ways to survive. On a large scale, I can see parts of humanity rapidly gaining intelligence, while others are on the down slope.

I do not think its based on a racial or national meter, but you can tell when you talk to some people that they are willingly ignorant, while others wish to change for the better.

We are at a point of Conscious Evolution. We choose where to go, what to change, and how we are going to do so.

Quite exciting indeed.

When the Earth becomes conscious of itself, (Humans) great times are surely to follow. However, the road will be rocky as we are seeing now. Parts of the whole do not wish change and will fight as hard as it can to stay the same.

In the end, change always wins.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
it gains to reason that look at the changes in people ondifferent parts of the globe. Blacks who live in the artic regions are tending to get more white as the generations pass, whites in the south are getting darker or more golden. Proving we are what we are from our surroundings, the food we eat, even the minerals in the ground and water. So who is to say that the poisons in the environment cant do the same for us. If one lives around a nuclear reacter are they at a greater chance more suseptable to cancer or other diseases. Time will tell, and as we go to the stars, or maybe we have been there and are there but thats another thread. Would we not be thinner as if we where space born we might not have the musle structure and our mass may decrease, a victim of our environment.

top topics

join