It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

121 veterans linked to killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

121 veterans linked to killings

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK - At least 121 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans have committed a killing or been charged in one in the United States after returning from combat, The New York Times reported Sunday.

The newspaper said it also logged 349 homicides involving all active-duty military personnel and new veterans in the six years since military action began in Afghanistan, and later Iraq. That represents an 89-percent increase over the previous six-year period, the newspaper said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am seeing a very disturbing trend here. I had heard of these stories before, but I find these numbers much larger than I had anticipated. I think there needs to be some serious focus on the mental stablity of our soldiers coming home from war. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that this is not high on Bush's list of priorities.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I've been told you don't mess with a soldier. Seems to be true. I suppose after you get your first initial kill and you get over it, killing again isnt that bad to you?

I would hate to kill someone regardless of circumstances...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is truly very sad indeed. My question is can we blame them for continuing their war ways when they come home? They are forced into the killing fields and then expected to just come home and be like they were before? War leaves a long lasting impression on one's mind. I would gather that it is very difficult to leave these sort of images on the battlefield.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
This is truly very sad indeed. My question is can we blame them for continuing their war ways when they come home? They are forced into the killing fields and then expected to just come home and be like they were before? War leaves a long lasting impression on one's mind. I would gather that it is very difficult to leave these sort of images on the battlefield.

Um no, they were not forced in, they voluntarily enlisted. This was a choice to go and "defend our freedoms" blindly following our imperialistic government and chasing the tail of contrived Patriotism after 9/11.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let’s see…

2.7 million are in the military as of now with 800,000 that were in after 2001 but has since left. 121 out of 3.5 million comes to a ratio of 1 murder per 30k members or a little over 3 per 100k. Compare this to the 4.2 per 100k average in the US and I fail to see your point.

We could be like Russia with 20 per 100k… and they are No 5 on the list with Colombia leading the pack with 60 per 100k

You guys like to make anything into a issue...hehe

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
When my Son got back from Fallujah Iraq he was very easily aggregated. Daddy was keeping a close eye on him and he told me to do this before he got back.

Life here didn't have the rush and he wasn't in charge of things. He is OK but I would not like to be the man that pushes his button.

The US military teaches men to kill and when they get back they don't teach them not to. There is some reeducation but not much for some.

Roper

new topics

top topics

join