It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Statement on NH Recount

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ron Paul Statement on NH Recount

www.rense.com

After a careful investigation, I have decided against seeking a recount in New Hampshire. I am confident that not asking for a recount is the right decision.

I carefully considered the arguments for and against a recount before instructing my campaign staff not to pursue it. Without a firm belief that vote fraud had taken place, and without the possibility that a recount would have increased the chances for success of our campaign, a recount would have diverted campaign resources, time, and energy away from crucial battles elsewhere.

We have taken concerns about vote fraud seriously. In Iowa, campaign volunteers carefully monitored the caucuses. Campaign staff placed Paul supporters in every precinct to watch and verify the voting and count. We had supporters phone in results from their precincts to a campaign hotline while others ensured that those numbers were reflected on the official display board at the Polk County Convention Center. The numbers our caucus watchers reported agreed with the official tally, and both results also aligned with the campaign's internal polling. In relatively pro-Paul counties, our sampling pegged support at 11.5%. This is consistent with an overall 10% finish for the entire state.

In New Hampshire, while I would have hoped for a better result than eight percent, I am convinced that vote fraud played no role in this result. Rumors of vote fraud were investigated, and in the end they proved to be the result of errors in early media reports that were not reflected in the official numbers. In one notable case, when a campaign staff member contacted an individual who had on the evening of January 8 claimed that his vote had not been counted, the person said that he had made a mistake and that the next morning the error in reporting on a newspaper website had been corrected both in the media and -- most importantly -- in the official tally.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Looks like Dr. Paul doesn't believe there was election fraud in New Hampshire. Well, maybe he didn't lose votes, by in my opinion the explanations for why Hillary 'won' are inadequate...

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Indeed Paul calling for a recount would probably do more harm than good. Kucinich has nothing to lose. I can't be sure about Hillary's win... with so many blissful idiots wandering around, Hillary winning anything isn't terribly surprising. It would then not be very surprising if Paul's support in NH is also reflected in the vote. How that translates to McCain is still unfathomable in that state, but oh well. It seems most people in this country are willfully ignorant of the course we are on, and content with screwing over their neighbor so long as they can still watch American Idol. I hope I'm wrong. If Paul takes just one state, I'll see that as a sign there's still a chance to make things right.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The thing about a recount is, the perpetrators I think would have a plane B for a recount in place probably covering there tracks. Making who ever asked for the recount look like a fool/nut.
(imo)

top topics

join