It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copenhague EU Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 06:26 AM
link   
EU ask to Turkey to wait 2 more years. They didn't reach EU criterious. And the Khurdes are still not recognise by Turkish gov.

More : Link

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Turkey rebuffed.

As a Briton I just wanted to show my apreciation to France and Germany for standing up against the UK and the US on the issue of Turkish entry into the EU.Turkey quite rightly feel rebuffed this clever wording will keep Turkey out of the EU for the forseeable future.Ensuring at least a chance that the EU will not deteriorate into a charity club but perhaps become a European Union that can enrich its members.Frankly,I'm ashamed that Blair proved once again that he is nothing but a poodle of the Bush administrations Foreign policy hawks.

edition.cnn.com...

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (CNN) -- European Union leaders have formally approved a 2004 review date for Turkey's EU candidacy amid a row over what that really meant and the Turkish prime minister's anger at the deal.

Swedish Prime Minister Goran Persson told reporters at the Copenhagen summit that the EU decision was not negotiable.

"It has been concluded now that we in December 2004 will, on the basis of a European Commission report, make an assessment of whether Turkey is meeting with the Copenhagen criteria," he said referring to EU standards on democracy and human rights.

Sorry about that Ultra.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You are wellcome JB1.

I was looking for your topic, but I can't find it anymore. Did you remove it ?

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeh,Seemed only fair.

new topics

top topics

join