It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebay Crazyness...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Damn that's some crazy #! I was just signing up on Ebay right now and I put my new address since I moved like 2 weeks ago. So anyways, I put my new home address and since I have a web-based e-mail, I needed to put a credit card number for security reasons.

So the page got done loading and before I even typed anything in, I noticed that the space in the form where you put your address again was my old address in which I just moved from 2 weeks ago. I was like
. I didn't even type anything in, so I don't know how they got that information. On the previous page all I put was my first, last name, D.O.B., and my current address.

I used to be registered with Ebay a long long time ago, like a few years back, but my username got cancelled because I had a web-based e-mail address and this was when the web-based e-mail thing was being changed.

So how the hell did my old address show up on the form?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
are you talking about the auto complete feature?

someone else could have signed up for something somewhere else before you moved and your old address could show up on auto complete

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
are you talking about the auto complete feature?

someone else could have signed up for something somewhere else before you moved and your old address could show up on auto complete

Well I don't think it's the auto complete feature. Because I didn't see anything on the site that had to do with that.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Goddamnit! What the #? I just got done signing up for Ebay and sure enough, my old username was registered again even though I put a new address and new username.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
that's weird. can you try doing it on a different computer?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
THEY'RE WATCHING YOU!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The auto complete is stored on your computer you moron. The reason your user name etc is already in use is because it is..... BY YOU!!!

Login the old fashioned way and watch it all unfold.

Sorry but i get riled by computer stupidity, and im afraid this, takes the cake.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's most likely info that was in a cookie. If you logged into Ebay using the same computer you are now, then the cookie was probably stored on your computer. Not all cookies have a 'expiration date' per se. Even if you clean out your temporary internet files, the cookies are usually still there. It's nothing bad, just stores your login info locally. Only way to really get rid of cookies is to manually delete everything from your temporary internet files folder and other folders that may hold such info, or completely wipe and reinstall your OS.

On the other hand, if you are using a different computer, and have never even gone to Ebay, I'd be worried.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hahahaha....

Hey, my password doesn't work!

Is your caps lock on?

Oh, yeah...thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You dont need to re-install your OS to get rid of cookies!! Thats like using a nuke to cure a cold! Just goto search and type *.txt then all the cookies that are there should show up with text

"Yourname@whateverwebpage"

Hunt them and kill them. Just like bad beer makers.

I rememebr one bloke called me and said "Hey i think my keyboards broken"

So i said "Ok, what appears to be the problem?"

He said "Whenever i type my password these little stars come up and not the letters!"

Class......

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Scarface]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
10DeadInside10: Haha. Maybe it's a ghost! Have you seen Fear Dot Com??? Problem was definitely cookie related, whereby the cookie would've held your old address in, as one time you would've clicked the 'remember my username and password' feature. The password is always in *** stars so others can't see your password if they're looking at your screen.

new topics

top topics

join