It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Need your answers, I'm writing BIG research..The Mahdi

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Let me first introduce myself since this is my first visit to these forums..
I have been reading about predictions in Islamic teachings in Arabic and English, I have read almost everything related to end times, Al Imam Al Mahdi, al dajjal, etc..

Of course, the article would not be special for mere translation of hadith, and pages of Arabic books.. I will need some help to cover western belief and views regarding this topic. The research will be a combination of Islamic authentic hadith and resources -books, audio/video lectures- of the most notable Muslim shiekhs and lecturers, and also current events, etc.

I don't want to make the post too long, but feel free to chat while I write the first segment of the research.


I almost forgot, I need information about "the latest" & most influential books published about Al Mahdi or end times in general.. What are your favorites?

Thanks,

[edit on 12-1-2008 by ArabObserver]

[edit on 12-1-2008 by ArabObserver]




posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
150+ views and not a single reply?
Especially that it's from an "Arab who might know a great deal of information of interest to everyone here?"

Come on,



posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Maybe you should have thrown in something about 2012. That should get some replies. Sorry, I have not done much research into the Mahdi but will now. I have heard a little about it on some show but it talks about a coming messiah and anti-Christ like figure too right?



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So Mahdi will come to fight along side Jesus in the judgment day against the Antichrist? Hmm, get Buddha in there and you have the 'justice league'.

Sorry, forgot to add Chuck Norris into the 'super friends'.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by PontiacWarrior]



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There are several threads that have discussed this a bit.


Maybe some of them will provide you more info.



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In fact, over the last few years -reading and watching 2012 docs-.. I can say that the 2012 theories and Islamic text predictions come together


Actually here's what I'm trying to sum up in my little research,

- The Mahdi in Islamic theology.
- Current world events and the hype *in the east and west* about end times.
- The Mahdi & the upcoming cosmic shift relation.
- The Mahdi, Jesus, and Aliens connection according to Islam.
- How Islamic texts mention interstellar travelling, meeting other nations, etc..
- How the all the evidence of the 2012 theories meet together with the Mahdi.
- Quranic and authentic hadith passages which mention other planets' nations.
- Describtion of other worldly nations, their names, their cities, etc..
- etc..

I still do not have a firm outline of what I will write, but I really consider myself lucky to have found these forums.. I have always been reading and talking with friends about the paranormal, predictions, UFOs etc since I was a kid. It always amazes me that western people's thoughts, discoveries, and assumptions meet with Islamic theology to a great extent.. This is why I have the will to do this research, provided your help and your suggestions..

All I am asking is maybe a few answers from you regarding all these things, the forum users are very knowledgeable and I can get answers in a second regarding christian/western perception to different things which might coincide with Islamic belief and what I write.

I will publish every segment of the research here and on my blog, all I need is some support, your critique, and some questions which we can discuss here, and which would even help direct my paper.

I hope I'm not asking for much, but I bet you will love with what I come up with..



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
There are several threads that have discussed this a bit.


Maybe some of them will provide you more info.


Thanks!

But the I kind of have an idea of what is on the internet and what is not regarding this topic.. The kind of research I'm doing was never done in any language by anyone before.. There are fragments here and there in Arabic, Persian, English.. But NONE of them addresses things the way I do *in my mind, not on paper..yet* I will translate texts, hadiths, sengments of lectures from high ranking and highly educated Shiekhs to be included in the research.

There's really a lot, but I will only figure out what I'm covering *exactly* when I start writinng.



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ummm, with all due respect. The rambling prose of your topic and expectations are more than a bit confusing. In the future I would attempt to streamline your objectives and expectations. Just a thought.



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Ummm, with all due respect. The rambling prose of your topic and expectations are more than a bit confusing. In the future I would attempt to streamline your objectives and expectations. Just a thought.


I understand


But to actually get started on "collecting resources", and coming up with an outline of the research objectives would take days of continuous searching on the internet and in Arabic books and texts.. Thought I should just give an idea of what I would like to do, get some support for it, and get to work.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.


[edit on 17-1-2008 by ArabObserver]



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArabObserver
In fact, over the last few years -reading and watching 2012 docs-.. I can say that the 2012 theories and Islamic text predictions come together


Actually here's what I'm trying to sum up in my little research,

- The Mahdi in Islamic theology.
- Current world events and the hype *in the east and west* about end times.
- The Mahdi & the upcoming cosmic shift relation.
- The Mahdi, Jesus, and Aliens connection according to Islam.
- How Islamic texts mention interstellar travelling, meeting other nations, etc..
- How the all the evidence of the 2012 theories meet together with the Mahdi.
- Quranic and authentic hadith passages which mention other planets' nations.
- Describtion of other worldly nations, their names, their cities, etc..
- etc..

I still do not have a firm outline of what I will write, but I really consider myself lucky to have found these forums.. I have always been reading and talking with friends about the paranormal, predictions, UFOs etc since I was a kid. It always amazes me that western people's thoughts, discoveries, and assumptions meet with Islamic theology to a great extent.. This is why I have the will to do this research, provided your help and your suggestions..

All I am asking is maybe a few answers from you regarding all these things, the forum users are very knowledgeable and I can get answers in a second regarding christian/western perception to different things which might coincide with Islamic belief and what I write.

I will publish every segment of the research here and on my blog, all I need is some support, your critique, and some questions which we can discuss here, and which would even help direct my paper.

I hope I'm not asking for much, but I bet you will love with what I come up with..


Your journey to understanding is very exciting, I encourage you onward.
I am adding this to favorites and will keep an eye on this for updates.

regarding christian/western perception to different things which might coincide with Islamic belief and what I write.

My particular interests lies in the different paths that promote revelations of Divinity and E mortality.
How each path offers a formula to enlightenment.
if one breaks down the elements in the formula's a common implication of
'contamination' and 'ascension' promotes systematic reactions in the host
that usually lends to isolation, and self validation, preservation ..as though the design of the formula is to break down mans ability to coexist with differences of opinions.
or with others.

Could it be that these 'gods' somehow designed it so that we as a species will need to overcome the doctrines as some cosmic test to prove if humanity can awaken the 'god' within and write his own destiny..or basically do away with one another to prove who in the end is 'Holiest'

I can see that the ultimate revelation that will come will be that we have been allowing influences into our lives that ultimately force us to kill each other off.

And the 'End Times' is literally that.
when we as a collective can finally see the deception for what it truly is.
and at that point we must make the decision to stand on one side or the other.

will we stand with the gods of old and kill each other off?
or stand as a sovereign species and fight off the gods influences on or life.

where do we find the strength to do that? who today is going to believe enough in mankind?
how are we going to separate the evil from our midst and sift out what is our dignity and honer?

how are we going to redeem ourselves from the evils we have allowed ourself to embody.

I believe in that day when mankind stands up with the little bit of faith left in himself he will see many come to his aid from above.



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hi ArabObserver/

Most of the prophecies of ATS are in the forums you are at!

'Predictions and Prophecies'

Are you seeking 'personal' predictions?
Are you seeking thousand year old prophecies?
Well, for as long as I can remember, I have always had an interest in the Paranormal......
You know, Ghosts, U.F.O's and all that wierd stuff.....I needed to understand what the meaning was behind all that!
Well,
I myself do not make 'personal' predictions, I believe that to do so, one goes against God's Word.....No man knows the time and place of when the End shall come, but we are given Signs that tell us that the time is close!
I do however read ALOT(have read various faiths) and have been reading alot of Orthodox material written by Monks living on Mount Athos and other Elders of the Greek Orthodox(which include Russian, Bulgarian,Ethiopian,Serbian,Romanian etc.)Church.(all being of one body in Christ)
One Profound Elder/Monk of the Greek Orthodox Church is Saint Kosmas(O Aitolos)..... (1714-1779)''1779: Kosmas Aetolos is martyred for missionary work to counter Islamic influence in the Greece and Albania)
Also known as the .....His prophecies are so accurate, they have all come out!
A few that I have mentioned in the past....



His love, concern, and tireless labor among ordinary people, his honest and forthright preaching, his unassuming character, his sterling and uncompromising personality, and his great love for and dedication to Jesus Christ earned for him the titles of 'Equal to the Apostles,' 'Teacher of the Greek Nation,' and the 'Apostle of the Poor.'

A few remain.....these will happen and soon after the Antichrist shall make his appearance!
Saint Kosmas not only prophesied, but his words were pure and simple....Love God and Gods Children(meaning everyone)Teach your children the Greek Language because the Gospel is written in Greek.

About his Prophetic words~Saint Kosmas

And a few many others on The end of times

I hope you find some useful reading in the links provided!
helen



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by E†E
I can see that the ultimate revelation that will come will be that we have been allowing influences into our lives that ultimately force us to kill each other off.

- Yes, the ultimate revelation -now expected to be in 2012, we'll find out- should bring humanity to a higher level of consciousness. Most Shiia Muslims believe that the appearance of the Mahdi is very near.

The theories of 2012 are not..known..by Muslims, maybe this is due to the fact that education is very bad to begin with over there. This is why their observance of events in during the past 20 years, along with what is provided in their well preserved Islamic texts makes many of them very sure of also expect a very near appearance of the Mahdi which *can* be linked to the 2012 theories that we know of.

By simply observing hadiths of Mohammed and the 12 Imams (only Shiia possess the hadiths of imams and regard them holy), we can see that whatever was written in their text, what was written in the past 100 years by modern scholars to explain these texts, and what we know and see today of world events and the current world hype about a dramatic shift of consciousness, bible prophecies, alien visits.. All of which are very well tied together if you observe closely..

Actually, ancient Islamic texts predict that the sudden change, the appearance of the Mahdi and Jesus later on will be preceded by a great hype and increasing "talks" about this great shift..


Originally posted by E†E
I believe in that day when mankind stands up with the little bit of faith left in himself he will see many come to his aid from above.

I'd have to agree on this one..

-----
Edits: Sorry, too many typos. Bad keyboard

[edit on 17-1-2008 by ArabObserver]

[edit on 17-1-2008 by ArabObserver]


[edit on 17-1-2008 by ArabObserver]



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Are you seeking 'personal' predictions?

I am seeking every personal prediction known which deals with the mahdi, endtime events, etc.. from very credible sources of course. What comes to mind right now is Nostradamus's prophecies of the "man with the blue turban".. I have read about this long ago, and just like with everything else.. I will have to search for what I've read and include it in my research.


Originally posted by helen670
Are you seeking thousand year old prophecies?

Yes, the Mayan prophecies/knowledge of endtimes is very remarkable.. Anything about jesus, the mahdi, or "great man" in 2012? This might be of great help.


Originally posted by helen670
No man knows the time and place of when the End shall come, but we are given Signs that tell us that the time is close!

This is very true.. Also, Shiia believe that Mohammed and his twelve descendants are holy (masoom = cannot make a mistake because their whole existence and everything they do and say is from God/Allah), therefore all of their sayings and actions are holy and can be taken as Islamic directions and laws just as important as the laws in the Quran. (The prophet's and the Imams' actions and sayings are an embodiment of the Quran)



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I really don't see how you differentiate between the "end-time" prophecies of Islam and Western views of the "end times" considering they generally come from the same source.

The 2012 prediction is founded on the ending of the Mayan calendar at that point, and is a relatively unknown theory in general in western society.

Regarding the predictions of prophets, you must interpret each one individually regardless of any religions affilitation.



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's a good topic and one worthy of study. I think the OP was brave to venture into these waters. From a christian perspective, it is clear that the prophecies with regard to the Mahdi dovetail beautifully with the prophecies of the antichrist. It stands to reason that satan has used the islamic thread to potentially bring forth the antichrist in an eventually islamic Europe. He has other, more occultic threads as well, such as the new age movements and other movements that rose out of the theosophical society.

For an excellent detailed discussion of why the mahdi may well be the antichrist you can look here:
answering-islam.org.uk...



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join