It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian translations (from University of Oxford)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...#

I know I'm harsh on the Nibiru believers, but many of the people I have talked to about this have not even seen the University of Oxford translations of the Sumerian cuneiform tablets at the link posted above.

There are alot of videos, websites and books stating that the end of the world is coming based on interpretations by those who seem fit to make a conspiracy out of these ancient texts. Sure, they are fodder for it, but as all ancient texts with imperfect translations - one must take them for what they are - not what people want to make them into. Nobody knows exactly what information they relay other than the research put into their possible meanings. I would favor the University of Oxford translations anyday - because I know there were recognized scholars in the translation process, individuals committed to this ancient language (and yet, even they are imperfect).

I encourage people to read through the translations and transliterations themselves. Learn a little about the language how the translations came about before blindly believing a sensationalist theory. Make your own judgements and see if the interpretations placed before you hold any water.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I make a post mocking the Nibiru / Planet X / End of the World theory (another post) and I get a ton of nasty messages. Many asking me to 'unprove the theory' instead of them actually making any attempt to 'prove theirs.'

So, in response, I started the first step along the intelligent debunking process by introducing University of Oxford translations of the Sumerian texts (as they do not mesh with the Stichin translations - and his is the primary basis for the Nibiru belief system).

And then I get silence...

Honestly, this is what I expected. I did something similar with the Reptilian shapeshifting theory (biologically prove shapeshifting exists) and got very few responses - a few agreeing that shapeshifting cannot exist so they must be doing it using technology instead - I can rip that comcept apart too, but aparently I won't get anyone to read about it. I guess if posts don't support their theory, then they should just be disregarded all-together and hope they will just 'go away.'

We are all here to find truths. I would like to find irrefutable proof extraterrestrial life exists. But in this process, we must first be willing to disprove and debunk theories to get to those truths. We must be skeptics first and when all our skepticism is proven wrong... then we can then get to what is really out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tvgraphics

I dont know, shapeshifting may be possible.
People, scientist thought they understood the world than quantum mechanics came along and shook the core of their foundation. (wave is particle, particle is wave...no its both...the electron is there, its not, what is it doing...whats going on.)
Uncertainity

So anything can be proved that someone wants to be proved.
People who believe in Aliens would might consider that someone more advanced than us can do what they want. Is it true shape-shifting. Is it what we think?

Where Im coming from is not to prove shape-shifting. But to say not to limit automatically the potential that is there.

As for the text from Oxford, thanks for the post.

Another thought about the reptilians...does it matter either way.
i.e., they exist or do not...who cares, there is something deeper yet to gain. The (shape-shifting, whether it exist or not) is only a detail - not the point.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Original link is dead. Anyone have a link to the actual translations of the Sumerian texts? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: maluminseI could be wrong, but I'm thinking any "Correct" translation is not going to be reveled in any large release. Just way too "real" for the general public. Too much too quickly will destroy many power structures. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but many people will loose their minds. I would say, many myths have a corner stone in fact.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tvgraphics

It was a red star and that red star was and is Sirius. The star is now blue and has a 25920 (pythagron reduction to 9 year cycle with the earth (same as the big year) This can be calibrated against the yuga cycles and further vefifed with the kemetic religions. This planet is the Queen of heaven (Aset) oftren now known as ISIS. Her sister is the dark star Sirius B which is the star souls travel too on death.

Stichin was not as out as you might think his timing is though. The cycle takes longer and tallies in nicely with the The Milankovitch Cycles. 24/26K. What happened 10,500bc.

This is the same star as the messianic star, Its the star the three wise men (orions belt / the three blue kings point to. Why do you think Jesus of Naser ( of sirius) started preaching at the age of 25. Because that is the year the star is recorded from changing red to blue. (ISIS the veiled one becomes Mary the veiled one)

Infact if you look carefully you will find the narrative of this star through out nearly all religions and culture of the world.

Further is it worth bearing in mind that much in the way of our history is hidden behind an information wall. This happened a hundred years ago or so. The test book narrative of the pyramids are just tombs does not cut the mustard anymore.

Our history and heritage are denied us. This is the Fourth age of man (ages of man identified by most cultures the world. The western narrative being in the minority here.

You can see the ritual still performed to this day by the likes of NASA which is an occulitc organsation and was set us as such. Many of its founders being Freemasons (the blazing star / nirubu / sirius). Other founders included Thelema practioners (the silver star /sirius) and x members from operation paper clip (members of the black sun / sirius)

Why do you think they missions are continally named after the same Gods ie Orion / ISIS/ Apollo etc.

So its best not to mock what you do not understand. Learn some this is your heritage and its ritual is still used today by the elite.

ISIS the terrorist group fighting in Sryia (sirius people of the sun and the other month their man leader was killed by a dog (fabricated news story)

ps link not working

edit on 21-4-2020 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I once searched through the Oxford database, found several texts of interest & worked my way through them. Then I found one in particular which blew my mind, because of a very specific thing it said about a certain type of demon. I had planned to do a thread on it, but got delayed through one thing or another. When I remembered & went back to the text to call up that portion of the text so I could exposit the details here on ATS - it had vanished. Literally gone, and in a matter of weeks. The whole text had disappeared, with no explanation. So I don't believe these academic sites are beyond reproach, basically.

edit on AprilWednesday2014CDT02America/Chicago-050045 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

If anything those ancient texts are going to be about your basic nature and sky observations, planets, comets and stars and such.

And of course there will be the obvious Moon magic that was popular back then and continues through Babylonians up until this very day when the global elect enjoy shortened days as a way of controlling the masses of Sun heathens.

In these times the days are shortened for the sake of the global elect.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So any links?

top topics

join