It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human evolution entering new era??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We are getting flooded right now with tv and movies about people with special abilities. I like the show heroes wich is actually why i am post because it got me thinking. And yes i know having powers like the ones in the show is a stretch.

However through the years the human race has survived mainly do to the fact that we adapt to any climate or situation and more importantly we are becomming better and better at predicting the consequenses of our actions.
What if we as a race are entering a new stage in our evolution slowly allowing us to predict our future with a certin amount of accuracy? How many of us havent had a dejavu, but in a different way, like we dreamt it or something? Seein that every action on this planet is merely a transfer of energy isnt it possible that we are evolving into a species with the ability to se glimpses of our future?
Just my thoughts, but i would love to hear your sentiments.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The very young do not allways do as they are told.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd agree, but evolution works by changes that help the organism survive. Since we keep everyone in the gene pool, I really don't think we are really evolving, or entering a sudden burst of change.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Oh sorry i didnt mean to imply that this was happening out of nowhere. Evolution is based on survival of the fittest, and the fittest in our way of living are the people who are best at predicting the consequenses of their actions and dealig with them. The ability to predict consequenses might be evolving to a point where some people are able to predict chains of events with a certain amount of accuracy. Sorry for the misunderstanding :-)
Otherwise i would agree that we have more or less stopped any form of evolution on our part.

join