It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush's New Campaign to Fight Spread of WMD's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
President Bush, pointing to a black market weapons network led by the father of Pakistan's nuclear bomb, said Wednesday that no new countries should have the ability to enrich or process nuclear material.

"We must confront the danger with open eyes and unbending purpose," he said in a speech at the National Defense University. "I've made clear to all the policy of this nation: America will not permit the terrorists and dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most dangerous weapons."
(more)
ap.tbo.com...

"Armed with single vial of a biological agent or a single nuclear weapon ... [terrorists] could gain the power to threaten great nations, threaten the world peace," Bush said.

For more on The Seven Steps to Combating WMD
www.foxnews.com...

Full transcript of the speech:
www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
his points are good, but I don't know, I was thinking this should have been the first step. (it should have happened earlier) we could have/should have done this, before declaring war, it not like we didn't know there was a black market and scientists were selling secrets.

Did we really need to bomb Iraq and commit so much, in order to pressure Pakistan and Libya to cooperate a little?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wouldve thought we had covert activities doing this well before Sept 11th even hit. This isnt some kind of new threat, this is the kind of threat that should always have a stern eye follow it.

Attacking Iraq, while many may say was wrong, could be a HUGE stepping stone for changing the whole middle east into a more democratic and cooperative region. It might be some time before it works, if it works at all. Either way it was a bold move IMO, considering the criticism that Bush mustve known he would take for pre-emption.

new topics

join