It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Detainees Are Not Human Beings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Guantanamo Detainees Are Not Human Beings

presscue.com

On the sixth anniversary of the imprisonment of detainees at the Guantánamo Bay Naval Base, a United States judge threw out lawsuit brought by four former British detainees against Donald Rumsfeld and senior military officers for ordering torture and religious abuse, ruling that th the detainees are not "Persons" under U.S. Law, which according to another judge, means that they are less than "human beings".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So sad. It would seem that humanity has reached a new low. How does a man who thinks like this ever do well and become a judge in the first place?

This is one of the most sickening articles I have ever seen. Actually using the law to determine someone as 'less than human' is disgusting. I'm extremely worried that we're going to be seeing more of this as an excuse to torture people and treat them...well...like animals.

presscue.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/12/2008 by bigbert81]

[edit on 1/12/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Big, welcome to the 4th Reich or the Fascist USA which ever you prefer another despot nation in the making.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is just so sad and hopeless. These poor prisoners have been rotting in Guantanomo since 2001 and they have never had a trial, sentencing or investigation of any kind into their "alleged" crimes - in fact, they've never been charged with ANY crime and so their crimes aren't even alleged.

This is totally against all things that the U.S. stands for.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Yes, this should scare the crap out of people. Knowing where things might be heading...torture and hold someone w/o any habeus corpus, and then justify this by saying that they don't fit the description of a 'person' by U.S. law.

This might just be the beginning of something worse...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The Court also dismissed the detainees’ claims under the Alien Tort Statute and the Geneva Conventions, finding defendants immune on the basis that “torture is a foreseeable consequence of the military’s detention of suspected enemy combatants,” and ruled that even if torture and religious abuse were illegal, defendants were immune under the Constitution because they could not have reasonably known that detainees at Guantánamo had any constitutional rights.

Wow, that is the craziest kind of logic. I don't know what this country is doing anymore. I am so tired of the way things seem to be progressing, it might be time for a change.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What everyone fails to understand time and time again is that the U.S. Constitution was suspended in 1933 and has never been reinstated. Our court system from the Supreme Court down to village traffic court does not practice law, they practice public policy under military authority.

From Black's Law Dictionary 6th Edition:

Public law. That branch or department of law which is concerned with the state in its political or sovereign capacity, including constitutional and administrative law, and with the definition, regulation, and enforcement of rights where the state is regarded as the subject of the right or object of the duty, . . . That portion of law which is concerned with political conditions; that is to say, with the powers, rights, duties, capacities, and incapacities which are peculiar to political superiors, supreme and subordinate.

Public policy. Community common sense and common conscience, extended and applied throughout the state to matters of public morals, health, safety, welfare, and the like; it is that general and well-settled public opinion relating to man's plain, palpable duty to his fellow men, having due regard to all circumstances of each particular relation and situation.

Every judge and attorney is a member of the American BAR Association which is a private corporation. They are bound to uphold the principle of the court before any other, even to the detriment of their own client or the platform on which they were installed.

Under U.S. policy the prisoners can not be designated as persons, because they have no corporate identifier to make them eligible for the privileges outlined in the 14th Amendment, which replaced the inalienable rights outlined and prescribed by the U.S. Constitution.

To see how this happened, visit A Bigger Picture (Rise of the NWO)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
What everyone fails to understand time and time again is that the U.S. Constitution was suspended in 1933 and has never been reinstated. Our court system from the Supreme Court down to village traffic court does not practice law, they practice public policy under military authority.

Every judge and attorney is a member of the American BAR Association which is a private corporation.

$&@*!!!! That is scary. I didn't realize that judges were operating under private authority as well. Blah.

We don't own the military, we don't own our court system, we don't own our major forms of media.

Oh America, what have you become?

It's no wonder we treat foreign prisoners like garbage, we can't even set up a government that is run by Americans FOR Americans.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Oh America, what have you become?

The home of the corrupt, and the land of corporate greed.

What a sad sad world when you can look at someone and judge them to be less than human, or not feel they are deserved of any rights.

Especially if they were innocent...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, it's even worse than that. We don't own our food supply either. Coporations shut down almost every private farm in the midwest during the early 80's. Remember the farmers having standoffs with cops refusing to leave the land their grand and great-grand ancestors had settled? Those private farms were shut down, foreclosed on, and sold to corporations who turned the many smaller plots into several larger mega-farms. Today, most farms are run by machines. GPS navigated un-manned tractors do all the work in the grain fields. But it was the same for other sorts of farms and ranches as well.

Now comes the best part. You are the private property of the Federal Reserve Bank which is a private corporation, not a government office. Majority control of that corporation is held by the Rothschild family, with the remainder divvied up among a few other elite families and international banksters. This was the cost of America's bankruptcy in 1933.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Can you imagine that? One day your riding your donkey picking poppies, the next thing you know the most ferocious war machine on the planet comes rolling over the mountain. Now you get to spend the rest of your days in a chain-link cage in an alien natural climate, never seeing your family again, and probably not even realizing anything about the "bigger picture." I wonder if half those guys even heard about 9/11.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've heard that only a few people out of these prison camps have been tried for anything.... and they were all aquitted. The majority of them haven't even gone to trial.

It's pretty obvious what's going on here. The Nazi/Occult infiltration of our government across all departments has been slowly setting up a system to rob us of our power as a people, to defend ourselves, provide for ourselves, etc. Once the system is totally swept away (by an orchestrated disaster) these crazy ass prisons where nobody is tried and you're imprisoned indefinitely will suddenly be the new home of American patriots who refuse to roll over for the Fourth Reich.

Scary, scary stuff. I wish I were just entertaining myself with what ifs... It feels more and more often that I'm contemplating the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think we are seeing the very last chess pieces being put into place. The New World Order is here. Within the next year I predict global economic collapse, the detonation of a rogue nuclear weapon, and the full-on invasion of the middle east. WWIII will be in full swing within 2-5 years I expect. And what better disaster to imprison your own population "for their own safety." Didn't they feed that same line to the Jews the last time around. I knwo its what they told Japanese-Americans.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Guys, don't you know that the detainees will only be there till this "War on Terror" is over? And don't you know that it will be over when Bush leaves office?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Yep, that's what worries me. People being tortured who might be innocent, and others saying it's ok because they're less than human, THEY'RE CRIMINALS!

I'll try to find a source, but if I remember correctly, it's estimated that about 1% of our prison population is innocent. I believe that's over 25,000 people, enough to fill a football stadium. I wonder, are these people less than human also?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
BigBert, I've heard it's more like 10%. Either way, it's not a good thing at all and opens the door for who knows what. It's getting scary.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
But do not forget it is the people (you) who allow them to act like that!
First by voting on them, and second doing absolutly nothing after that, and allowing the moust insane things to go on!!

Here in Portugal we used to have for 50 years a dictator. The people revolted,with the help of the military, and democracy was established.
At the present time, the Portuguese politics are going down the drain. Too much corruption, they just think on them, and all the laws they made are to help
the rich ones, and the normal people are going poor and poor!
The people bad feelings are present in votations, because the % of abstention is huge. And i think in some years, we could have another people riot in here. All because "They" are abusing in any way possible.
American government will continue to do what ever they want, untill the American people all toguether rise up against so much stupidy and atrocities, and stop the madness once and for all.
Although i think it is too late for americans to do something, because they rule for too many time, and they are very well prepared. They will not fall easly, and for sure too much blood will run on that effort.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
So sad. It would seem that humanity has reached a new low. How does a man who thinks like this ever do well and become a judge in the first place?

He is actually a She. I would assume she is in someones pocket book.

Here is a little more info on her

KAREN LECRAFT HENDERSON
(202) 216-7370

Judge Henderson was appointed United States Circuit Judge in July 1990. She received her undergraduate degree from Duke University and her law degree from the University of North Carolina. Following law school, she was in private practice in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. From 1973 to 1983, she was with the Office of the South Carolina Attorney General, ultimately in the position of Deputy Attorney General. In 1983, she returned to private practice as a member of the firm of Sinkler, Gibbs & Simons of Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina. In June 1986, Judge Henderson was appointed United States District Judge for the District of South Carolina where she served until her appointment to the D.C. Circuit.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What an incredibly one sided thread

Not a word about who these Detainees actually are. Most of them had innocent blood on their hands long before this war started. Most of them are crazed fanatics who helped to enslave their own people. My heart bleeds
Anyone befriending them is as guilty of atrocities as they are. Two wrongs never make a right. Do you want them let loose on Bail in your neighborhoods? Hate the bad people in Government or our Courts but don't defend Monsters while your doing it.

I doubt there are many, if any, innocent men in that facility. Some who have been released, as most of you know, have already killed again and rejoined their fanatical groups. I can understand why people are less than happy with Government and the Courts but how does that justify defending these Animals; and yes, people who enslave or murder innocent civilians due to their fanatical Religious beliefs are Animals.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
about 25 years ago frank zappa said that america was turning into a fascist(sp) theocracy.
he sure seems to have been correct.

i wish he were still alive so there would be a voice out there that was not afraid to say the truth and have that voice be one that would reach millions.

we don't have anyONE person doing this now...

we need someone who is willing to say these things at the highest levels and not be afraid of some kind of fall out. someone who will NOT tuck tail and run. someone who will NOT issue an apology when one is demanded.
-----------

---Basically I'm in the idea business — whether it's a musical idea or a spoken idea ... If you wind up with a political system that wants to put idea men out of business, then you have worry on your hands---

---It's fairly obvious, since Richard Nixon, that there is no such thing as a fair deal for any voter in the United States — You're just not gonna get it. It's a joke — the people that you vote for, they're the next best thing to criminals. But of course they have money for advertising campaigns that make them look a little bit better than they actually are---

---The biggest threat to America today is not communism. It's moving America toward a fascist theocracy, and everything that's happened during the Reagan administration is steering us right down that pipe ... When you have a government that prefers a certain moral code derived from a certain religion and that moral code turns into legislation to suit one certain religious point of view, and if that code happens to be very, very right wing, almost toward Attila the Hun...

^^^that was 1986.
we need more minds like this

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Boondock78]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join