It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so are blogs working yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Last I heard, blogs were not working, yet they are still an option in the store.

I would love to start a blog on ATS, but don't want to waste time trying to set it up, if it's not functional.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Bought one a few weeks ago actually... very disappointed in the entire program.

Perhaps if I cannot have a blog, my points back would be nice.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I had gotten one along time ago
I remember I didn't like the way I had it set up
so I went to redo some of it but for the
life of my I couldn't remember my log and pass
even wrote it down but its in a box that went missing during a move

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Ah-Ha ! ... a person after my own heart...

if one wants a 'blog' -- and an ATS Blog is your cup-of-tea....
then one should endure whatever trappings of 'bureaucracy'
one encounters - as in 'take one for the boss/greater-good'

enjoy

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't think they care much about blogs, so therefore blogs will never be on-line.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
They're in the process of being worked on. Perhaps you should go get an adsense account while you wait. That way you can place ads in your blog once you get it posted, and make some money off of it when they get corrected.

Just an idea though...

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
so are they hard to work with / setup, or do they just not work at all?

lets say I went to the ATS store, and clicked "buy blog." do I just get an error, and lose points? Or does it confirm, but then no blog is added, or what?

I see some people have blog links in their profiles / posts, yet rockpuck claims to have a blog, but no link.

as for making money off the blog, that's not my intention at all. I would prefer to keep a conspiracy-related blog close to ATS, instead of stating yet another website to keep track of and send traffic to.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
They're in the process of being worked on. Perhaps you should go get an adsense account while you wait. That way you can place ads in your blog once you get it posted, and make some money off of it when they get corrected.

Just an idea though...

TheBorg

ad sense accounts are reviewed individually .. if your site is not on-line with some sort of written content they will deny you an account.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We've been pulling our hair out over several failed attempts to get various blogging packages to function correctly and deliver the appropriate combination of services within a reasonable budget. So far... nothing but disappointment. The new version of TypePad is promising, but the cost for unlimited blogs is well beyond what we can support.

We're faced with potentially rolling our own, or sponsoring an opensource project to create a new multi-blog system.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO, please check my reply to the "ATS blogger" thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and p.s. thanks for the reply. I realize you guys have been plugging away at this for a while. The solution I propose shouldn't take more than 40 hours to setup. After that, it would just be how much time you want to spend on the default templates, but the base template would already be RSS / Atom compatible.

I see you guys already have RSS compatibility... making that into a blog format is not much harder.

the open source project you propose sounds like a pretty good idea, as long as it doesn't fall into a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario I'd be all for helping out!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by scientist]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
making that into a blog format is not much harder.

On the surface, it might seem that way. In reality, extending the code that accesses and writes to a 5 gigabyte database that averages 212 queries a second to support a full-featured blogging option is no small matter at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

my point being, you could literally take the page you are looking at right now (post.php), and just change the HTML and CSS behind it. It wouldn't be a separate blogging system, but a different template assigned to certain posts.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello

I wondered if this company I found may assist in ATS's development of a blog system.

They have a "software should be free" attitude for their current beta internet OS. They use XML programming.

You may want to check them out or at least contact them for brainstorming ideas.

Rhain

Xcerion

Edit to add video

[edit on 13/1/08 by Rhain]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Done...

Springer...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Thanks Springer.

Quick question.. when setting up the blog and such, the information provided was a specific company.. when you guys unveiled the whole blog idea, it was with this company I presume. What made it fall through?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I brought a blog ..........it didnt seem to work for me..........maybe ATS just needs to make the profiles a bit more like myface and do away with the blogs.......same meat different gravy

but yea id like a refund for the blog i brought

cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
It wouldn't be a separate blogging system, but a different template assigned to certain posts.

There's a significant level of custom, ATS-specific PHP code in the page that generates thread content. Much of the custom code eliminated the typical template system of discussion boards in favor of more efficient HTML generation that uses fewer queries, less PHP, and much less CPU/RAM. It's not a simple display format change.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Done...

Springer...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

See SkepticOverlord's post above.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So, when will it be back up and running?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join