It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa to "sort out white people"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
wow. this was quite a topic. certainly proves people perceive things
differently. i too assume the article was a parody.
the misconception by some that america contributes so much to africa
as a humanitarian action is amazing. some should do more research.

there is a reason for everything. the guy from s.africa made many
great points. theres a new generation afoot, free of the shackles of
apartheid who will make massive changes to the new and free continent.

this thread was very informative and quite revealing indeed!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First you need to consider the source. Here is a quote from the homepage of that site.

We are a hate-free media outlet, and will not knowingly allow anything that is hateful to be shown here. Source.

Everything on that site is about hate. Pretty much ends its credibility in my mind. The other articles are about things like the Holocaust being untrue and the word Zionist is seen often. That is a White Supremacist Hate Site in my opinion. I'm sorry I clicked on the link to give it credibility. My computer feels dirtier some how.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Spec01

Kudo's on your post. I suspected as much. People need to look into their sources and consider the value of what they are posting better before posting.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by qrios

This is a stunning country with a stunning nation, which obviously has problems. Hardly any of my friends are racist, and I think that as long as we can understand and bear with each other, we can live together in peace.

Again, what I suspected was the truth after looking into the source and realizing it was a letter to the editor. To bad the Newspaper was not more responsible as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Good point. I had to look up what misanthropy meant, and I seem to fall under that heading a lot lately. Where do you think we went wrong as a species? I just don't understand.

MY friend, that is 64,000 dollar question, since men kept records they spoke of the fall of mankind,

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We have always been wrong - its human nature to want things. Why do you think the state of Nirvana is defined as being free of all earthly desires. When we start thinking about other people and stop thinking about ourselves is the day things may turn around.

But then again, if I work hard for something, I do not want someone who hasnt worked a day in his life to reap the benefits. Its a very hard system to balance because there will always be the people who think they are entitled to everything they desire without lifting a finger.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
We have always been wrong - its human nature to want things. Why do you think the state of Nirvana is defined as being free of all earthly desires. When we start thinking about other people and stop thinking about ourselves is the day things may turn around.

But then again, if I work hard for something, I do not want someone who hasnt worked a day in his life to reap the benefits. Its a very hard system to balance because there will always be the people who think they are entitled to everything they desire without lifting a finger.

Most of us know right from wrong, we apparently don't like to behave.

But when I think about it, when you take into consideration the population of this planet, it aint all that bad, at least in the midwest, lol, yet,

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

I partly disagree. I think greed is born from society. Not human nature, its not in our nature to be greedy is it?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Greed from my perspective is innate. Look at children who just start to play with other children their age and see how they behave when the other child plays with their toy. Its nature to want to keep your own things to yourself - if any other species in the world had any mentality other then this they would have been extinct a long time ago. Survival relies on greed sadly in a way - otherwise, if we actually really diddnt have any greed at all, the whole world would be living a sub-par standard of living compared to current first world countries, but we would all be equal.

Like that will ever happen, lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

sounds like my son he thinks whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just came across a website written by a lady who lives in Zimbabwe. She has been writing letters since 2005 about the struggles they are facing daily and how the government basically lied to them.

www.cathybuckle.com...

Reports and statements made by certain media, analysts and politicians that the cause is drought is simply not correct. Southern Africa is renowned for it's frequent droughts. However, on the ground, this "drought" is a misnomer because all the dams in Zimbabwe are full but irrigation equipment is lying idle. The reality is that this "drought" is man-made as a result of experienced farmers being prevented from doing what they do best - farming to feed Southern Africa. It is notable that South African farmers, who have not been subjected to the same treatment, have produced good grain yields under the same climatic conditions. This further re-enforces the argument that this food shortage is NOT caused by drought.

And this is because they diddnt want to be getting their food from white farmers, so instead they steal the land illegally and starve their country.
Its so sad that a country was once so prosperous is now one of the worst.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The question is: Is this really Zuma's stance?

But then again, if this is the general feeling under his supporters, its very worrying indeed.

South Africa was considering land reform too, but I do have a funny feeling the article is grade A BS.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The title is highly misleading too, a columnists wrote and the OP is generalising and stereotyping a whole nation by thinking "they" are all the same.

One is quite sicken by some of the comments in this thread regarding Africa and African's

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"steal land illegally and starve their own people".......
was the land bought legally from the previous owners?
what a sadly amusing observation.

what do you expect from these people. they were robbed by force
and subjected to inhuman treatment for centuries and now some
expect them pick right up where the oppressors left??
are you nuts?? they learned exactly what they saw for a couple
hundred years. law by force, land aquisition by force, apartheid by
force, etc., but they should pick right up??? thats funny. totally
destroy a segment of people, then wonder why when the grand
experiment doesn't work. it's the same as 1865 was in america.
all of a sudden millions are free. to do what? what do they know?
can they read? can they write? do they have a trade?
the ones that did have a trade were taken out of consideration by
the unions. it took over 100 years before america was able to
do better by it's minority groups and theres still work to be done.
the point is, it will be a while before certain sections of africa get
their train on the tracks of civilisation.

Deadline 527, yes the country was prosperous to some and thats
why it's a mess as we speak. the wealth was kept within a few while
large portions of the population starved and lived in veritable shacks
(yes, i've seen shanty towns), begging for menial jobs. in this case
the word "prosperity" is exchangeable with "greed". yeah, thanks!!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by last time here]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by last time here]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Get used to this. South Africa has gone from the jewel of Africa to a fourth world nation since the 80's. Don't expect tribal beasts to accept Western civilization and make it function. When does "equality" equal wholesale genocide with no publicity from the world. When blacks were not treated equal, the whole world came down on the government. Now when the whole country has decided to cleanse the last remaining group of people that brought it out of the stone age by murder and rape, not a peep. Oh well, just white people, not a crime nowadays. Welcome to a glimpse of America 2030.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The American government does NOTHING to help others if they don't get anything in return.What really helps africa are private charities, not the government, same thing with Canada.

Ok I understand...the evil America run by the NWO, Nazis, (insert your favorite villain here)

Did you not reads my post in that the US Government sends more aid than the next top three countries

AND US private charities double the US Government foreign aid. That means that US private charities contribute more aid than a big chunk of the rest of the world combined.

You are under the assumption that America helps the most, LOL
The United States "official development assistance" is less than 0.2% of its gross national product (way below that of Luxembourg, Holland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden, all of which exceed the 0.7% target set at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in 1992).

First do you disagree that if America pulled its government and private aid from Africa it would be detrimental tens of millions?
So America needs to put in 1 trillion per year to be equal to these other countries? Sorry, but it is not linear.

And you want to compare Canada to America??????????????????????
ARE YOU SERIOUSSSSSSSSSS???????????????????????????????????????

Done with your little rant?....

So what does Candia do for aid in the world both private and government wise?

You know every country pulls as many string s they are capable and whether its North Korea, Iran, America, Russia, Europe etc they all pull as much as they can in the self interest of their countries, I’m sorry that Candia doesn’t really have any strings…

But what are we talking here aid or strings you kind of jumped tracks.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Why don't you take a map of Africa, and then do research on the economic and social situation country by country. Doing this you would be able to answer your own question, "Does anybody feel safe in Africa?" Does anybody feel safe in Europe? How about Asia? Is it possible that people would feel safe in Australia, North America, or South America? Why stop there? Does anybody feel safe in Antarctica?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Fifa Cup will be there 2010. Wonder how that will go. Safety is an issue for tourists visiting for the tournament. My dad was born and raised in Cape Town until 35 then he left for North America, to look at him you would think he is polynesian/Indian but he is a KhoiKhoi (hottentot) descendent. They were considered non-whites but because of his slightly lighter complexion (some german blood) they were treated with less disdain than blacks. He was followed to America by over 100 friends and family. They are humble and freindly but also tough as nails. He plans to never go back.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Look folks, there is only one real issue to consider here: Can South Africa get their affairs in enough order to host the World Cup in 2010? Kill off whomever y'all want! Vai Azzuri!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

poor africa

they are saddled with corrupt leaders and violence floats below the tribal surface

a friend's uncle was recently murdered by blacks in Zambia- they lured him out to his farm gate and shot him!
They have had the farm for generations and do much good for the community - schools ,womans co op etc
the family will have to leave it seems and their neighborhood will slide down from civilized behavior into middle age tribal despotism
sad
sorta what the UN reminds me of [without Godly input ]
a rabble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join