It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa to "sort out white people"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Spec01

Your posts on this thread have been awesome, Spec

Thanks for giving us a viewpoint of someone who lives in one of these countries and has seen things develop over the years...

I have certainly been most interested to read what you have said, and yea, I agree...There have been more than a couple of racist posts on this thread....

The only thing to do is ignore it, and move on and post your own views...

You've done that well, nice work

Too bad WATS isn't around anymore
I would have given you a a vote for sure...

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Nice to see some good comments in this thread. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Stop being so picky. When people on this thread say 'they', they are referring to 'the people in question in this article'. i.e. 'the african black people that want to kill white people and take over their farms'.

does that really need to be spelt out for you every time someone wants to refer to them (the african black people that want to kill white people and take over their farms)?
or are you just one of those people who tries to bring racism issues into everything and starts jumping up and down excitedly whenever someone uses the word 'they'?

anyway, if anyone started the racism out there, then it was them (the african black people that want to kill white people and take over their farms) for wanting to kill white people purely because they are white. *oh shock horror, black people can also be racist!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Not set foot in Morocco?! You'd be missing out!
Amazing country to visit.

I just want to address the grouping of African countries as 'Africa'.

Are all European countries the same?
Niether are all African countries.

I have been fortunate enough to visit Mozambique, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Morocco, Egypt, Swaziland, Lesotho, Kenya, Nigeria and Namibia.

And I assure you all are very different places. All worth visiting.

I'm proud to be an African (I'm white but consider no other place home).
My home town Johannesburg for example can boast the most varied bird life of any city in the world, we've won blue sky awards, have a generally exceptional road system, delicious and healthy tap water and more trees per square kilometer than any other city in the world.

It's a full time job correcting the perceptions of 'foreigners' that have never set foot on the continent. Reminds me of the slide show of Iran posted a little while back. Quite an eye opener!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Stop being so picky. When people on this thread say 'they', they are referring to 'the people in question in this article'. i.e. 'the african black people that want to kill white people and take over their farms'.

does that really need to be spelt out for you every time someone wants to refer to them (the african black people that want to kill white people and take over their farms)?
or are you just one of those people who tries to bring racism issues into everything and starts jumping up and down excitedly whenever someone uses the word 'they'?

anyway, if anyone started the racism out there, then it was them (the african black people that want to kill white people and take over their farms) for wanting to kill white people purely because they are white. *oh shock horror, black people can also be racist!

You're basing your views on an incredibly bias foundation there chaparoo.
Racism is a two way street.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

zimbabwe has joined other african countries that got rid of their white colonial governments and have descended back to their tribal ways that they needed saving from and now south africa has decided to join them and finish itself off?

in a recent thread on here one of our members suggested that the usa should be done away with and open its doors to all and become like the other countries of the world.

imagine that--why would an american want to see us become like africa?who is going to feed africa when the usa is no longer the usa so that it cant feed africa or the other poor nations or even feed itself for that matter?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by deadline527

zimbabwe has joined other african countries that got rid of their white colonial governments and have descended back to their tribal ways that they needed saving from and now south africa has decided to join them and finish itself off?

in a recent thread on here one of our members suggested that the usa should be done away with and open its doors to all and become like the other countries of the world.

imagine that--why would an american want to see us become like africa?who is going to feed africa when the usa is no longer the usa so that it cant feed africa or the other poor nations or even feed itself for that matter?

It's possible that South Africa will go a similar way to Zimbabwe.

But we haven't "decided to join them and finish ourselves off?"
??

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

As if that's not going to happen anyway with they way the country is being run lol.

America is going broke and nodoby is doing anything...........AT ALL
It's insane, even more insane than this thread.

you guys will become third world regardless of border security

Who is going to feed africa or who is going to sell armz to african oppressors mass killing and mass raping in the most violent of manners?
Which one did you mean?

Come on, me and you both know that your country has been hijacked!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i'm just a dumb sheep that wants nothing to do with other peoples criminal behaviour--either my own peoples or theirs--if i knew where to go hide till the madness is over--i'd go hide--because i have no power to stop what the crazies do to themselves--and i dont want to see what i can do nothing about.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was born in South Africa, and have been living here for more than 40 years.
Some of my best friends are black, and in general they are friendly and tolerant.

I have never been threatened or robbed, though many South Africans have been.
The "blacks" are not just one culture or nation, but are a mixture of Zulu's, Xhosas, and many more. Some of the blacks don't like the other blacks, and many stories has been doing the rounds for decades, including the "Night of the long Knifes" or "UHURU".

We are ruled by a government of which a great number has been imprisoned on charges of fraud, and other transgressions.

I think it unfair to judge a country on the grounds of crimes committed by refugees from neighboring countries.

I would not walk the Bronx alone at night, nor would I judge America on the crime statistics there.

This is a stunning country with a stunning nation, which obviously has problems. Hardly any of my friends are racist, and I think that as long as we can understand and bear with each other, we can live together in peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by qrios

I would not walk the Bronx alone at night, nor would I judge America on the crime statistics there.

This is a stunning country with a stunning nation, which obviously has problems. Hardly any of my friends are racist, and I think that as long as we can understand and bear with each other, we can live together in peace.

Re:i would like to think that nothing will change for the worst in your country but when you have an artical written by 1 of your own news papers (january5/08? shown at the begining of this thread) where the writer is rejoicing to see whites begging and speculates about hanging a few-----this goes a little bit farther than just avoiding certain areas of town----that kind of talk encourages outright persecution of whites when ever /where ever----that writer wants to make sure there is no safe place left for you?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Who is going to feed africa or who is going to sell armz to african oppressors mass killing and mass raping in the most violent of manners?
Which one did you mean?

Well lets see...

The US Government gives more aid to Africa then the next top three countries combine. The American people give two times more than what the Government gives.

You my friend have no clue.

The last time I looked the AK-47 and French rockets were the weapons of choice in third world nations. How many US made armor vehicles or tanks do you see over there, or where are the piles of M-16s?

How many Russian/China made AK-47s are floating around the world as I write this. How many European land minds are in the ground around the world, and where do all the military vehicles come from?

Why is the US always blamed for everything (such as your warmonger's killing and raping scenario) when in fact all their equipment is bought with blood diamonds from everywhere but the US.

You are right in one thing that if the US stopped its combine aid of 100 billion per year there would be a lot less for the war mongers to kill, and so I guess we do contribute to it by keeping many alive so they can be later killed.

The bottom line is if the US pulled all aid from Africa 10s of millions would start to die yearly. This is a true undisputable fact of life over there.

And another example of Americas great generosity, one month after the Asian tsunami, the American people gave over $400 million and the US government gave 350 million.

What did Candia give again?

Yes we are hurting after writing a check for a trillion dollars (1 ½ years of Candia’s GNP) but it obvious that people like you just cannot comprehend that a bill like that is just a small discomfort in the short term. It’s funny that the 100s of billions in aid to the world every year still keeps on flowing…

Oh, and the US becomes a third world nation….please.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So far, it seems to me that the only one's that believe Africa is a lost cause and a savage land are the one's basing their entire concept on what they've read on the internet.

It looks like those who live in South Africa love the place and understand the reasons behind it's cultural issues (Which all countries have). Maybe everyone who's afraid of Blacks (of which there appear to be many different groups and subcultures) should stay at home. It'd probably be safer.... for black people.

Thank you to all who are actually from South Africa and have explained what is actually going on and attempt to alleviate the rampant racism on this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I must say, some great posts guys. And yes, I will agree that my one comment was a bit out of line - but thats how much this article got to me.

And to everyone - I have said that Africa IS a beautiful continent. A lot of rich culture, environments, and biodiversity. Its just the people there are ruining the land at an astounding rate. Not all places of Africa are bad, true, but too many of them are.

The comment about not judging America by someone who has only visited the south bronx was a very good one. Every city in America does have its bad places. I live in Philadelphia, murder capital of the world, and for people to judge to the whole country by a few places is ignorant - yes. But, whole countries are in distress - not just parts of a city, whole families are being exterminated - not one person.

I do sometimes find myself on the bigot side sometimes, and im sure everyone has. I have one of the nicest black friends in the world, and have actually asked him on his opinion about such topics. But what im trying say is that there is so many places in Africa that are downright dangerous to live in, many places, and while many of it is tribal in nature - in certain parts such as South Africa this hatred is targeted towards the white population.

It a long day at work, so ill be posting a lot today, lol.

Also, I just noticed I was warned for this thread.. its a hard topic to discuss without people shouting race war. If this was the case in Australia i'd be saying the EXACT same thing - so thanks for that.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Re:i would like to think that nothing will change for the worst in your country but when you have an artical written by 1 of your own news papers (january5/08? shown at the begining of this thread) where the writer is rejoicing to see whites begging and speculates about hanging a few-----this goes a little bit farther than just avoiding certain areas of town----that kind of talk encourages outright persecution of whites when ever /where ever----that writer wants to make sure there is no safe place left for you?

I believe the article (according to the Editor) was meant to be sattirical

"He was only satirising Zuma," said Outsa Mokone, editor of the Sunday Standard of Gaborone, which publishes a weekly column by a writer identified only as "Loose Canon".
Link

Apparently he sees himself as the "Howard Stern of the Botswana Media" Source

I still think that despite the current problems, things will get better in South Africa

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have a white aunt who lived in South Africa for many years. She eventually had to leave because of continuing violence against her and her property. Such problems are becoming widespread in Africa from what I hear. If I were in a position like this, I would leave as well. Don't even try to fix it. Hopefully it will burn itself out in a decade or two.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by erkokite]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by erkokite]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by qrios

I believe the article (according to the Editor) was meant to be sattirical

"He was only satirising Zuma," said Outsa Mokone, editor of the Sunday Standard of Gaborone, which publishes a weekly column by a writer identified only as "Loose Canon".
Link

re:sorry this type of humour is foreign to me----beyond my understanding-----matter of fact i still dont get it even with your explanation----as another poster said --count me out from ever wanting to be a tourist---i dont care how beautiful your country is after reading the satire?being shot dead with an ak47 would be merciful as compared to being hacked up with a machete as they have recently been using in kenya with their tribal/political disputes.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
The US Government gives more aid to Africa then the next top three countries combine. The American people give two times more than what the Government gives.

You need to get one thing straight!
The American government does NOTHING to help others if they don't get anything in return.

You need to do some homework and this "help" that they provide, also loko at the IMF and world bank.

So calm down there my friend.

You my friend have no clue.

What really helps africa are private charities, not the government, same thing with Canada.

The bottom line is if the US pulled all aid from Africa 10s of millions would start to die yearly. This is a true undisputable fact of life over there.

You are under the assumption that America helps the most, LOL
The United States "official development assistance" is less than 0.2% of its gross national product (way below that of Luxembourg, Holland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden, all of which exceed the 0.7% target set at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in 1992).

What did Candia give again?

wait wait wait wait
LMAO

Let me get this straight, You want to compare Canada, a country that lets other countries be and donates when the needs arises, to a country that sends more military troops for invasions than it does aid for poverty and natural disasters?

Did Canada put Mussaraf in power? Did Canada have anything to do with the Shah of Iran? Who are America's enemies? The countries where america put dictators in power, that's who.

Why don't you talk about the donations America gave to Pakistan to fund nuclear weapons projects, or the "donation" it gave to put Mussarraf in power as a dictator, after doing this and the people reacting to oppression the U.S. wants to invade them???? Why don't you talk about that?

And you want to compare Canada to America??????????????????????

ARE YOU SERIOUSSSSSSSSSS???????????????????????????????????????

How can you compare America to Canada?
We don't put dictators in power in muslim countries and invade to steal their oil.

Can you honestly say America does more good than it does bad?
Can you really say that with sincerity?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It looks like those who live in South Africa love the place and understand the reasons behind it's cultural issues (Which all countries have). Maybe everyone who's afraid of Blacks (of which there appear to be many different groups and subcultures) should stay at home. It'd probably be safer.... for black people.

Indeed. Though I think our positive outlook is not one that is shared by MANY in South Africa, particularly whites.

Originally posted by deadline527
Also, I just noticed I was warned for this thread.. its a hard topic to discuss without people shouting race war. If this was the case in Australia i'd be saying the EXACT same thing - so thanks for that.
[edit on 13-1-2008 by deadline527]

Funny you mention Australia. I recently sat and chatted to an Australian tourist about the Aborigine/white similarities to black/white culture.

I was absolutely appaled at what I heard. As I understand it there is a far greater divide. And the majority of either side openly hate and taunt each other.

This of course the opinion of 1 man... hmmm interesting that.
1 opinion completely changed my perceptions on a Country I've never visited.

funny that.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Im sorry but I have to agree, you cannot compare America to Canada. America has been lining its pockets with the war machine for quite some time now - and I do agree with the comment that American government only helps others when they will be getting something in return.

Sadly, thats the way it is, and will be for quite some time.

*insert Ron Paul plug here*

But, Why keep giving aid to a country that fails to utilize it properly? If instead of killing eachother, they rallied against the oppresive dictators who are literally stealing their money, then I would be extremely supportive of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join