It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa to "sort out white people"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
And then you went on an Anit-America jihad. Please don't hijack a thread to your liking and deflect. I might not agree with the original poster, but don't assume white=America. That makes you look like a silly hater with an agenda waiting to spout.

Do you work for fox news?
Just wondering?

Cuz I see mostly them telling americans "he said America are evil", when

I did make certain criticisms targeting white americans, but not all.
so if america does not equal white, that i am simply not talking about the group of people you are referring to.

Remember, there are two extremities to a stick

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And why do we as people still give a flying [expletive deleted] about the colour of someone else's skin??? I mean it's 2008 yet racism is still prevalent everywhere I look. It's pathetic. I am ashamed to be human somedays. Whoever mentioned that we brought the black people here as slaves forgets that they were sold to us by blacks, not that that makes it right but I'm tired of seeing whitey being demonized as the sole reason for slavery.

I think that article is the simple rantings of someone pissed about there own life, but instead of taking any kind of personal responsibility, or trying to improve his stock in life is just finding someone to blame, and in this case it's the whites. Well boohoo guy, get over it and start to realize that we are all the same race, HUMAN. It's people like that article author who would do well by committing a little suicide. Make the world a better place it would.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronik98

It makes misanthropy a lot easier if you can apply it to a "them" instead of an "us."

(This is not a second line!)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Good point. I had to look up what misanthropy meant, and I seem to fall under that heading a lot lately. Where do you think we went wrong as a species? I just don't understand.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yes, it is 2008 and yes racism is rampant, but is that our fault? I honestly had no problem with black people until I went to high school. And even now, graduated in 2003, I do know a lot of amazingly nice people of color. Does it bother me? Not at all. Some of the funniest, smartest, and nicest people I know are actually black believe it or not.

But, when the country as a whole is a failure - just like my school as a whole was a failure, lol - you tend to generalize. Everyone does it, but everyone does it because of past experiences they have had in life.

If you go into a cage full of snakes every day of the week, and get bit every day of the week - you most likely will say that you think all snakes are aggressive by nature. Now apply this to the current situation in Africa.

Most black Africans from what i've noticed do not like white people. They think of the white people as the ones who stole their land, robbed their minerals, and pretty much left them to die. But in reality, its their own corrupt leaders that are the ones that are lining their pockets while the rest of the continent starves. The black population of Africa fails to see white people for who they are - just like every other majority vs minority.

As sad as it is, and I wish we could all just see each other for the kind of person we are, but as humans we base our thoughts on previous experiences. When most countries in Africa are tribal in nature, with continuous ongoing war, genocide, rape, pillaging, looting, and disease - its hard to see past that and find the small amount of good that is left there.

When people are born into such a culture, they take it as normal, and continue such detrimental actions. Its a cycle that will keep going unfortunately until Africa decides to educate themselves, police themselves, and help rebuild their own countries instead of relying on others.

Its late, i'm ranting, but hope you see where I am coming from.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
But, when the country as a whole is a failure - just like my school as a whole was a failure, lol - you tend to generalize. Everyone does it, but everyone does it because of past experiences they have had in life.

First you must define failure. And then you need to look at the reasons for it. You seem under the impression that the reason for the problems in some African countries - you DO know there's more than one place in Africa, right? - is purely because people there are black.

Let me ask you. Seeing as how we're post on ATS, I'm sure you've heard of this North American Union stuff. Do you want some corporate lords telling you that boom, you are now part of the same country as Mexico and Canada? Do you imagine that the new "single" country would get along real well? Now we look at Africa, and realize that every country there with a very, very few exceptions... is the North American Union. Incompatable groups put together that didn't want to be put together, and because they're not white, some people expect them to just "get over it"

If you go into a cage full of snakes every day of the week, and get bit every day of the week - you most likely will say that you think all snakes are aggressive by nature. Now apply this to the current situation in Africa.

Interesting example. Of course the snakes wouldn't bite you if you didn't go into their cage, right? And by repeatedly doing so, knowing you'll get bitten, you would show the world what an idiot you are. Especially if you blame the snakes for it.

So let;s apply this analogy to Africa. You have a bunch of outsiders - Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, France, and Portugal during colonialism, America, Russia, and China in the modern era - coming into the "cage" messing around with the locals, who then bite. And then all these people blame the locals, as if the visitors were perfectly innocent?

Most black Africans from what i've noticed do not like white people. They think of the white people as the ones who stole their land, robbed their minerals, and pretty much left them to die. But in reality, its their own corrupt leaders that are the ones that are lining their pockets while the rest of the continent starves. The black population of Africa fails to see white people for who they are - just like every other majority vs minority.

You must be a very busy man to have met the majority of the African population in meaningful conversation to draw such a firm picture about so many of them.

As sad as it is, and I wish we could all just see each other for the kind of person we are, but as humans we base our thoughts on previous experiences. When most countries in Africa are tribal in nature, with continuous ongoing war, genocide, rape, pillaging, looting, and disease - its hard to see past that and find the small amount of good that is left there.

Most countries? Zambia is like this? Mozambique? the Central African Republic? Ghana? Algeria? Kenya's got a gang fight going on, but nothing worse than what we see in America, and Tanzania's doing rather nicely. There's many, many other nations that are doing very nicely in Africa. Which says a lot, given the conditions of the way those nations were formed, their economic status, etc.

Maybe if outside nations would worry more about genuine help, rather than photo ops of handing a single bucket of wheat to a drought-stricken area in the sahel, and was less concerned about which opporessive warlord would get the most diamonds / oil for the least cost...

When people are born into such a culture, they take it as normal, and continue such detrimental actions. Its a cycle that will keep going unfortunately until Africa decides to educate themselves, police themselves, and help rebuild their own countries instead of relying on others.

Its late, i'm ranting, but hope you see where I am coming from.

You're coming from the position of a privileged white guy who lives in America and presumes that all Africans exactly the same.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Well that was a pretty insightful post, and I thank you for it. I can see where you are coming from and to say I'm not guilty of the same thoughts from time to time would be incorrect.

The part that really riles me though is that so many people think this way regularly, and see nothing wrong with it. I will not judge anyone on the colour of their skin and cannot see any reason to. When I was in High school, I encountered the same type of things you did, but it was not with blacks, it was Lebanese. It took me a while to realize that they were simply bad seeds, and not a valid representation of the whole culture. I still couldn't bring myself to demonize the whole culture based on these few even though at times I had those thoughts. They faded rather quick thankfully.

The whole African situation is a sad one to be sure, and perhaps we are going about it the wrong way. It seems we just give them aid and help, but don't do enough to teach them how to help themselves. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, Teach a man to fish, and you'll feed him for a lifetime. That quote is one of my favorites and should be applied to a much greater extent than it is now. The major problem of course is that those in charge over there will still do what they are doing now, and nothing will get accomplished. We need to break the cycle, somehow someway. Or maybe we should just leave them alone.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have black friends from africa that go to school in the US. they are some of the niceest ppl ive ever met. so i dont think its fair to generalize in the manner you are.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Curious question to ask after looking up the definition of misanthropy

We've always been a tribal bunch. It's just that with advances in mass media, we're now able to see everyone's dirty laundry a lot more clearly, but still lack the ability to put it into meaningful context and perspective.

Our society has moved faster than our ability to adapt to it, kinda.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Theres soo many boderline racists on this board that its pointless to even dicuss race issues on here.

Look at some of the posts made... This dude is wishing AIDS upon people and all this other immature pettiness. IF you are soo convinced you are better, convey that. Don't react with even more negative crap and whacked out generalizations.

Race isn't a matter, its all location/upbringing. If you live in a well organized and structured home where schools are doing good, you have an outstanding chance of success, REGARDLESS of race. If you live in a broken home with terrible schools and enviornment, you will be more susceptible to failure REGARDLESS of race.

Its ridiculous with some of you. Almost like you guys consider black synonomous with disaster and you fail to look at the even bigger picture.

I guess this article served its purpose just like many other race-related article... They keep racial tension alive and "well". And the sheeple eat it like grass.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I'm all about curious questions. hope to get curious answers.

I can understand what you say and I even agree to some extent. What I don't get still is why our ability to air this dirty laundry hasn't helped us to start cleaning the laundry, so to speak. Being able to see more of whats wrong should help us get a greater grasp on what will be the best way to help out. At least thats how I see it.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
-
oops replied to post a page back.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by offtheheezay]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I know enough about Africa to say that i'll never step foot on that continent unless I get a very very dark tan.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. In fact...places like Nigeria...you are treated as third class if you are dark (much like Latin American and Asian countries).

Africa is a lost cause. They are backwards. I have been saying recently that I think many of these countries were in fact better off under colonial rule! Even Jamaica, Haiti, etc. are all filled with troubles that many of the people there enter other countries illegally. I call that a failed state of affairs.

Of course it is not "politically correct", but one has to point out the similarities that when ex-colonial countries became black ruled, they went into the gutter.

Hell, my post may even be deleted for saying it!

You can't blame the local populace. Their governments need to blame someone other than themselves...so they blame the white man. Not too different than the United States in fact...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have both heard from South Africans as well as read numerous articles about a plan thats supposedly been in place for a while now that goes something like this:

The minute Nelson Mandela dies, tens of thousands of blacks will descend upon white neighborhoods and begin exterminating whites.

Those who I have actually talked to were dead serious and actually left because of the threat. Evidently it's somewhat common knowledge over there.

We spend billions of dollars trying to fight a "disease" over there that could be treated with a hefty dose of responsibility and nothing more. Why bother? Africa is a lost cause and is basically useless.

For those who are advocating to do more there, you do realize that spending our money to help them is Unconstitutional right?

[edit on 13-1-2008 by slackerwire]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

First off, I'm a white male 21 year old South African living in Johannesburg.
I was born here and have lived here all my life.

I am 'comfortable', well educated and well travelled.
Keep this context in mind with what I'm going to say.

That article was written by a racist black man. His views don't match that of all black people!

Johannesburg just like any other country in the world has dangerous spots that one should avoid at night. Crime in general is a serious issue though in most suburbs. This year we (my immediate family) have had 2 cars stolen (1 a hijacking with guns), 3 attempted hijackings a break in (at gun point, tied up) and a mugging. Everyone black and white I know has similar stories.

However I don't live in fear. I'm sure I should, but we've become pretty thivk skinned down here.

The biggest problem facing South Africa however is corruption fron 'the system'. Any policeman can be bribed for sometimes as little as R20 (about $4). Murderers are not caught due to bad policing and is they are they are regularly released on technicalities after only a few weeks behind bars.

My feelings on South Africa is thus:

The majority (the black community) are still in a bad way from apartheid. They pump our petrol, clean our houses, tend to out gardens and perform our manual labour. This is a sad fact.
The black people in charge of the country are mostly poorly educated and power hungry. This results in the South Africa we see today.

However... I see things changing.
The rich and powerful blacks send their children to good schools, resulting in a powerful generation of educated blacks. They will be the ones in charge one day and will likely set things straight.

Whites are the majority at all private schools, so this powerful generation of blacks on the way have grown up alongside whites and formed friendships etc. They hold no grudges as they've never suffered under apartheid.

When these new blacks are in charge South Africa will begin to heal.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

No wonder God made them so ugly and stupid.....

I would say nuke em! C'mon NWO! Let's solve this problem once and for all. We could kill two crows with one missile. We will get the disease ridden races procreating aggresive races off this earth and at the same time we will rid this earth of any unwanted population.

Go NWO!!!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by omnicron]

I can not believe the filth people talk about in this thread!!!, this thread is full of it!!!

Your comment here is pathetic! damn I'm speechless, this thread is disgusting, I hope other people agree with me? somebody decent out there?

I can't believe the ignorance and stupidity of some people in this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

This comment says it right here, you dont even realise your exactly like the person who wrote the article, haha, take a look at yourself.

[Mod Edit: The material quoted here by _Phoenix_ was highly offensive and has been removed under section 2 of the Terms and Conditions of use - Jak]

[edit on 13/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Now a little on South Africas political affairs...

The country is ruled by the ANC and has been since 1994 with Mandela.
We've had only one president since (Thabo Mbeki) and he's not been terrible.

No other Party is even close to beating out the ANC. The majority of blacks will automatically vote for the ANC out of loyalty to the ones that freed them from apartheid.

But now there is a dispute within the party.
Mbeki a Xhosa and Zuma (Deputy president of SA and now president of the ANC) a Zulu aren't seeing eye to eye.

Zuma has been in and out of court for highly publicised charges of rape and corruption. He has been quoted as saying that a shower after sex will help prevent AIDS infection.

He is destined to be our next president.
Look out SA!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am appaled at the blatantly bias article.

But even more so at the blatantly racist comments made on this thread!!
Your ignorance is astounding!!!

MODS!! Fix them please.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I know enough about Africa to say that i'll never step foot on that continent unless I get a very very dark tan. I have a trip planned to Spain for this summer and everyone I am going with wants to take a day trip to Morocco.. Im sorry but muslim countrys in general are very dangerous places to be. Safe to say I will be staying in Spain that day.

You posts reek of ignorance, if you don't want to go to Morocco then so be it, it's a very beautiful country, you would need more than one day because of all the great things to explore.
Just because its a muslim country? thats pretty silly of you, Morocco is one of the most free muslims countries in the world, most women don't even wear a scarf because they have choice, and the people there are very nice, helpful people.

Your friends will have a great time, they would need more than 1 day thou.

Africa is not all the same, you appear to judge the whole of africa as if you know all about it, Africa has many different countries, different cultures, different people, it not one same place, you don't know nothing.

Your judgement of Africa and Muslim countries defines ignorance.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join