It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Yes, have her dvd on healing, just love her message it resonates so much. Its not self love first, in out of balanced way, but rather its having positive self esteem with love and respect for yourself allows you to love and respect others, something many of us have known all our lives. If you fill your tank and value life and your worth, you are able to spill out and value everyone. Those who want humans to have zero ego, not rise above the mud, like some post, are people with shattered core and no self esteem, or dark side coders of the matrix.

And her message was very much Law of Attraction or what I think of as Law of Affinity.

Really like your post.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here is the Vedic equivalent where it all started from.
Be patient but if you are advanced as you say, you may be able to add more to your knowledge.
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm very interested in this subject atm. Great info! Thanks for posting this.

originally posted by: Skyfloating
I see quite a few threads on the recently popularized "law of attraction", "manifesting your wishes" and the movie "the secret" pop up on ATS.

I rarely respond to them since I am, professionally involved with the subject matter since many years and tend to get bored by "discussing the basics".

I have authored a number of books on the subject. I will not disclose those books here because I prefer to use ATS anonymously and not as an author of "law of attraction" subjects (except for this thread).

Being a author about and teacher of the subject since more than a decade, I do welcome questions about it in this thread though. My answers will not be "channelled from a higher source", but simply straight talk from an expert on the matter.

Popular Misunderstandings of the "law of attraction"

In my opinion, there is a whole lot more to know about the subject than popular movies such as "The Secret" and "What the Bleep do we know" can show without falling away from the mainstream or becoming too lengthy. Here are some of the misconceptions that spontaneously come to mind:

"You can have everything you want"
This is such a simplified, mass-marketing-like statement that it can be said to be untrue. You cannot "have everything you want" since the mere act of wanting implies a seperation from that which is wanted. Make sense? There are billions of people wanting stuff all their lives without getting it. Id put "the law of attraction" this way: You can have everything you believe you already have". I´ll explain this in later posts.

"This is a brand new thing" and "This is a new new age thing"
Nope. Its not new at all. It used to be underground or "occult science" or "secret science". Take for example the 1930s book called "Thoughtforms" by Leadbeater/Besant (Theosophists) which teaches that thoughts can densify and become physical matter. But its even older than that. As far back as the 3rd Century kabbalists were talking about "visualizing things in order to create them" (see for example interpretations of the ancient book sefer yeritzah)

"All you have to do is visualize something for it to come true"
This is another simplification which, many will experience themselves, is not entirely correct. First of all, in the metaphysical-sciences, the purpose of visualisation is not to "make something happen", but to experience something as "already happening" and to get into a certain state-of-being, a certain frequency...which then attracts certain beneficial events. What most people do, however, is use visualisation of dreams out of a state of LACK of those dreams, in other words, in order to "make them happen some day". This is contradictory to the law of attraction though. Proper visualisation is not used to "make something happen later", but to FEEL the reality of something right now, to familiarize oneself with the overall vibe of a certain reality. Also, most only visualize a two-dimensional image in front of their forehead. This is much less effective than making the visualisation a three-dimensional, tactile, all-senses, whole-body ecstatic experience. It is not the visualisation that creates anything, but the energy/emotion/excitement which acts as a magnetic signal.

"Without action, none of this works"
This I have frequently read on forums and heard from people. However, "action" is not what the law of attraction is primarily about. If it were about taking action towards your goals, then this type of magical technique would not be magical at all but no different than the normal way of achieving something. Action is alright and action works because we have been conditioned to believe that action-towards-our-desires works, but the law-of-attraction does not necessarily require action (and if it does then only inspired action upon opportunities that present themselves after one has put creation-energy into motion). The law-of-attraction states that you get what you put out, that what you experience is a match to your overall energy-vibration. Therefore, everything you like and everything you dislike creates your overall energy-output (much of the two neutralizing each other before anything is created) and will reflect in your life experience.

"You have to think positive all the time"
The denial of ones and the worlds shadow sides has nothing to do with the real metaphysics of this and much more to do with immature and cheap variations of the law of attraction. A balanced being acknowledges negative and positve. The negative is used to learn what one truly feels/believes. Negative feelings for example, are an indicator of having strayed off one´s inner path, the path one´s soul has chosen. Without these negative feelings you would be without any sort of navigation in life, without any sort of free will to choose what is right and wrong for you. Suppressing negative feelings equals suppressing the very path to the positive side of the pendulum. What you resist will persist. The expert therefore allows and utilizes the negative while shifting to the positive (sometimes using the neutral zero-point as a stepping stone to the positive).

Of course there is much more to say on the subject. But Ive hesitated up to now because the discussion around it mostly does not involve the deeper aspects of it. I for example do not think I have to resort to "quantum physics" in order to make my metaphysics look more scholary or accepted. This is a tactic of new age marketers. I also dont like all the sensationalist trash built around it. Thats the stuff that will attract all kinds of so called "skeptics" who will rightly point out all the nonsense. I will therefore make no claims whatsoever of science, or evidence, or proof or whatever skeptics demand. The proof for the effectivity of the law of attraction lies not in measurable laboratory experiment but in first-hand-experience (which is gained by a certain amount of practice).

More to come. Questions, Comments, positive and negative, welcome.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Some lines of communication to experiment with:

Future Self to Present Self

Present Self to Past Self

Present Self to Future Self

Past Self to Present Self

Present Self to Past Self

FarFuture Self to Future Self

etc.etc.etc.

No kidding. The letter-stuff is fun.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

Writing is very powerful and literally magical.

I never wrote before only in school and my writing is testable. When I started to write my thoughts to match my feelings and also practicing loa I got ideas and feelings about it that I felt I had to write the ideas and thoughts on paper.

After one session I wrote 4 pages of stuff and it was effortless and helped me to get to grasps with information I was seeking it was like I was reading a book by writing one.

Anyway after a few days of doing this something very strange happend. It wasn't exactly a concious manifestation but to be honest it freaked me the f out.

When I write I start of with just statments that I think are very important to write down. After I write something I feel my feelings and then write down something els that makes me feel good and matches with my frequency realted or unrelated to the subject matter.

I sometimes ask questions and write down not answers but what would make me feel good.

So I was doing this and I didn't really ask a question but thought about a question at this point I wasn't writing but feeling my emotion I didn't provide a answer to the question but I projected a feeling of faith/love.

Then I just look e something up on the Internet on my mobile phone it brought me to a subject matter that I never paid any attention to. It was just a standard article with a quote from a famous person.

I didn't think anything of it, it was interesting but that's all. Then Iiteraly I put my phone down changed the TV channel 3 times in pretty much consitently thinking this is not something I want to watch. I turned to the fourth channel, it was just s cops show random show. It took me maybe 10 seconds to flip 3 channels After 20 seconds maximum watching the show the guy quotes the exacted same scripture from the same person whose quote I just read on my phone.

I couldent believe it, I thought I must have been mistaken so I checked my phone and when I unlocked it opened up right on the page were I read the quote in the first place.

The time in which I read the quote and then saw someone quote it on the TV was 30 seconds Maximum! The TV show was a 100 miles away unrelated to the subject matter.

Stuff like this has been happening often. Has this ever happend to anyome els?
edit on 9-11-2015 by MrManKind because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by MrManKind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

How "the law of attraction" works

The 'law' of attraction is no more than 'placebo' effect and vanity (imagination/ego)!
Nothing more than that.

If 'it' was really something, everyone would 'wish' (the 'law of wishing' is the same thing) themselves rich, perfectly healthy, and infinitely intelligent!
It just doesn't work like that.
The disproof is in the pudding!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Necroing a thread while the author is MIA.
Nice.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Also Zen is a very importan part is well imo, I think the brain and the soul/aroua, need to rest or recoup after a strong session of Loa. Changing frequency takes up energy. Meditation or beaing in a state of zen recoup the energy, also results most likely come when you are in your zen state.

Something very important op said earlier in the thread "LOA attraction could be seen like a elastic band when you visualise you stretch the band when you forget about it the ban releases bringing you your desires"

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Believe whatever you want to believe. I've made too many things happen in my own life already to even doubt that it's real.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wasn't the author online two days ago?

Hmm, would desiring knowledge or personal skills such as singing be categorized under greed? It's not materialistic, but it is, in a way, for personal gain. While this concept seems like an interesting thing to experiment with, I would rather not defile something sacred with my carnal curiosity, lest it flare up at an inopportune time.
edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Wasn't the author online two days ago?

Hmm, would desiring knowledge or personal skills such as singing be categorized under greed? It's not materialistic, but it is, in a way, for personal gain. While this concept seems like an interesting thing to experiment with, I would rather not defile something sacred with my carnal curiosity, lest it flare up at an inopportune time.

What's so sacred, peopl le use it all the time

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrManKind

Because something is not sacred to you, does not mean it is not sacred to me. However, I am under the impression that knowledge, or the means to obtain it, is different to material wealth.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i learned of the secret a number of years ago by watching the film (its a good introductory film)

i have since watched a few abraham hicks videos and they are very informative...

not sure how i feel about the whole direct chanelling bit but i try to keep an open mind

anyone looking for a good teacher that does not do the whole chanelling bit should watch ralph smart he is extremely well spoken and easy to listen to

here is a clip of his:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Is this what happens when I randomly think of a song and a hear it within the next few minutes or I think of someone and they text or call me?

Things like this have been happening to me my whole life but I never thought twice about it. I have some really extreme examples of this throughout my life. Such as, knowing I would visit a certain country and it happen a few months later.

Now you're saying I can practice and increase my probability? Lol awesome and thanks for this thread.

I have a feeling this can also be bad; a gift and a curse type thing. Because I always have a feeling I will get what I want and things will work out for me it makes me a bit passive and lacking worry.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kenodinks

this what happens when I randomly think of a song and a hear it within the next few minutes or I think of someone and they text or call me? 

Yes, but you may not even be thinking about them, first. They may be thinking about YOU and then it caused you to think of them.

Heart to Heart connection - telepathy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know whether anyone still checks this forum, but I've had something happen twice now.

I watched The Secret a couple of years ago and tried concentrating on having a little extra money come in. Shazam. A few days later an unexpected check shows up in the mail.

I started reading this thread a few days ago and started making it a point to put a few tips into practice. Shazam. Yesterday an unexpected check shows up in the mailbox.

So yes. I'm going to try to go deeper.
edit on 20-7-2016 by bbarkow because: typo

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

Yep. I've had those experiences also. Out of the blue extra savings, extra money (with some work) etc...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I love this thread and have experienced the law of attraction personally.

I wanted something for so long (nothing about status or money) and I am exactly where I want to be today

It took about 15 years but I couldn't be happier. I didn't realize it for awhile, then looked back on when I was wishing/wanting certain aspects in my life...yup, they are all here now.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am new to this forum, actually this is my first post. I am also new to this concept in a sense that this is the first time ever paying attention to it.

I see this thread is focused on the practice/lifestyle beyond the surface. I also see people in here mentioned the multitude of beginner threads. So let's say I wanted to give this a try, where would I start? I'm not necessarily asking for you to rehash anything (although if you wish to do so thank you so much for taking time to do that for me), but rather where do I focus to obtain the information to do this the right way? Is there a good thread in here or free online source of some kind?

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 0ceans

How I started was to try and live in the moment. Its hard to do for most and very cliché, but it can happen and it is a way better way to live life.

I fell upon a friend that introduced me to Eckharte Tolle. If not ready or open minded to do this, his books seem very vague and lame for I have read one before I was ready and did not finish. When I became eager and more open-minded, I could not put his books down, everything made sense. It was so weird how I changed...for the better.

Also keep in mind that in life...it does not matter what happens to you, but how you deal with each issue. We are energies and always keep a positive energy around you.

I am still learning and loving it, hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ever since I came across this thread, I've instantly been hooked. This opened my eyes to the true nature of the law of attraction/intent or whatever you call it. I even made myself an account in ATS just so I could really thank you all for the helpful discourse.

I am in the middle of reading this thread (around page 43), however, i am replying in the hopes to keep the thread alive. Please continue to enlighten others.

Thanks all..

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83 >>

join