It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fragmented25

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Quote:
Consider a symphony orchestra performance; the Self can be thought of as the conductor and the musicians coming together in an effort to extract the best music from the best talents; whereas the ego is the orchestra's manager who makes the humble but necessary decisions about bookings and tickets, hotels and transportation and meals. The manager is obviously not the music, and it would be catastrophic to confuse the manager's role with that of the conductor, but without the manager's services, the orchestra doesn't play.

Irene Gad, M.D., Ph.D.,

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

A few pages back myself & MidnightStars were discussing the hazards of inciting jealousy in other people, another argument against possibly vulgar displays of wealth.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Check this out. Dr Joe Dispenza explained how his daughter manifested an unlimited shopping spree.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am pretty sure in some form this has been said, but I will say it again. Since the moment of your, mine, our, first breath we have been manifesting. Manifesting on command is different. There is magical thinking, and then the manifesting of your life. You may try to manifest in your life, but the fact is, what is in your life has been manifested, by you.. and acts of co-creation with other energies.

It is said, in the Course of Miracles, the reason we do not manifest on command... its fear. Do you realize what would happen if all that if everything everyone thought or said came true? Just one thought, one action, one anything changes the entire world. Everything we do, say and think effects everyone on the planet, and that is becoming more evident each day. The impact of our thoughts and actions effect the world, and that is why so many of us are seeking peace. I do not believe anarchy is the way. I will speak up if necessary but I do all I can not to harm others.

In harming others, in truth, we only harm ourselves. The only way I can stop a negative world, is to do my part, not feed the hostilities.

As far as stuff.. well its just stuff... never made anyone happy for long...
my opinion...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The law of attraction works but it is limited by our own preconceived set-points. We can only draw to us what is in our reality to receive. We can want something but it not able to manifest because we do not believe we deserve it or because of a preconceived notion that having the thing is wrong in some way.

Taping the car to the fridge won't generally work because there are too many obstacles in our own minds for it to manifest. It has to be within our reality, we have to have the absolute belief that it will appear and then we have to allow our subconscious to take the steps needed to obtain it.

Most of the time people expend more energy thinking about how something can't happen that the energy expanded to draw it to us. This makes it impossible for anything to manifest.

The other issue is people trying to manifest money. It's not possible because money doesn't exist, it's a substitute for energy. Money just represents the energy expended to obtain something. So if you want something you need to draw that thing to you not try and draw the money to you to buy it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is so true. I started out applying the law of attraction after seeing the secret. At that time I didn't manifest anything positive because I had a lot of resistance. I was saying the words in my thoughts but I didn't believe it. They were coming from fear because I felt I needed to make a change. After many years of practice I started to see things manifest when I became more at ease with a subject. In relationships when I apply appreciation and just love unconditionally thats when I would see great changes. In me and in the other person. This works for me everytime.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I like to amplify the Law of Attraction with ritual majic.

Either a ritual prescribed by formula or a custom designed ritual specifically focused on the desired person, event, or outcome of a dispute.

It's sort of contemporary voodoo...using cyber space and imagery.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i definitely agree.

edit on 27-4-2014 by uuiwq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Here I was thinking the law of attraction worked more like this:

"Be positive. Only positive thoughts and positive words. You attract what you think. Positive energy brings positive results. This company can't afford your negativity.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Wizards.

Surely, you have heard of the Law of God.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. - Rev 21:8

The only ones who would be tricked into trusting the law of attraction are those who would be tricked into believing that they are gods. Those are who will believe anything that appeals to their desires.

edit on 6-5-2014 by DrinkMoreWater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DrinkMoreWater

Yes be positive and focus on positive things:

Philippians 4:8
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise--dwell on these things.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Also known as the law of gravitation. What you focus your energy on will manifest. So if something is worrying you. don't give it negative energy. It will only make it worse. Amplify the positive. Your thoughts have effects not only for the receiver, but for the sender also.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
Also known as the law of gravitation. What you focus your energy on will manifest. So if something is worrying you. don't give it negative energy. It will only make it worse. Amplify the positive. Your thoughts have effects not only for the receiver, but for the sender also.

Pfft. Self-hypnosis, plain and simple. It's not magic, it's psychology.
edit on 18-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DrinkMoreWater

Here are some other examples/explanations from the bible concerning the LOA;

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matt. 17:20 (Its also in mark)

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? (Matt. 7:7-11)

And perhaps here is why you should not dwell on undesirable possibilities so much (my wife calls it borrowing trouble):

"For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me". (Job 3:25)

This Is the only mention of something Job did that may have brought these terrible things into his life.

The trick Jacob did with the goats in another intersting use of the LOA.
A pastor (Ed Gungor) wrote a book entitled "theres more to the secret" he gives biblical examples of the LOAs use & has a chapter about why christians get nervous about it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity
What I always wondered, if hypnosis is not just a branch of the placebo effect. I have tried many many many methods of self hypnosis, I just can't get it to work. I know some people that went through hypnosis to quit smoking, lose weight etc that had great success. I also know many that had zero success with the hypnosis methods, including myself.

Although, one guy I was studying under said that "All hypnosis was self hypnosis", people that hired professionals just allowed the pro to facilitate their self hypnosis. Maybe all my self hypnosis, therefore all hypnosis didn't work, because I simply have never been able to trust myself much lol.
edit on Fri, 23 May 2014 22:54:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If one imagines something not yet possessed as actually having already possessed, then what's the point of literally attaining it? A person can no more will a golden brick into existence than think one out, so then what possible gains can a person hope to achieve, other than an emotional attachment to that particular moment, if they buy into the illusion?

I understand we get what we put in, but that takes absolutely no 'mysterious' connection to the void. Idk, Law of Attraction sounds quite egotistical imo, and a bit delusional. Positive thoughts can be typed across the very screen you're reading, and you may respond in kind, but negative thoughts such as my comment: egotistical; a bit delusional can have the exact same effect on the reader. He/she may want to correct me, or he/she may want to help me because of a possible negativity in my response, whereas another may become furious or completely unmotivated to 'help', because 'you just don't get it, so why bother'.

The point is, it all cancels itself out; sending positive thoughts is redundant if negative ones have the same affect/effect.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
How to be truly happy in life -Find happiness with the help of spirituality must watch this video for happiness
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I never heard of LOA until here on this site and this thread. I think theres something to it. For me it usually works when I briefly think of something in a non caring way, it usually is a quick thought of something then I forget it or brush it away and go on doing what I was doing. Then the weirdest thing is it usually comes true shortly, sometimes a month, or sooner. Very strange. I thought it was just coincidence most the time or dumb luck, maybe it is Maybe not. Most of the time its what I wanted but its not 100% in the place I wanted it or even sometimes the looks. Location always is different if that makes sense. Weird. Now If I focus on something really hard and work at it and get it, it usually backfires on me and I really shouldn't have got it or wished I never got it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It works.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join