How "the law of attraction" works

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It's a pointless reply, so I'll just keep it simple.

LOA is faith in stupid beliefs. It's as if a pseudo religion.

I can have faith in myself without the need for these nonsensical beliefs. It's really that simple.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by unityemissions

My friend, Law of Attraction isn't magic...

Oh but it is...
It is an simplified and updated version of all magickal systems past and present for essentially it works the same way as magick.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What imperfections are these? Well, the biggest one is that THE LAW OF ATTRACTION GIVES US WHAT WE NEED, NOT WHAT WE WANT.

The law of attraction will give us exactly what we want, the thing is though in order to reach a point where it will work effectively you kinda have to have reached a state in your spiritual development and understanding where you don't actually want very much..

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

The LOA is nothing more than PERSPECTIVE SHIFT!!

How is this so difficult to decipher

The beliefs are not necessary. It's just that most people are too weak to have these perspective shifts without adding the hooey.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Just because it's a "shift in perspective" doesn't mean it doesn't have real effects. It just enables us to more effectively tap into the ether. You can't leave the house without first opening the door. Law of Attraction is us opening the door.
edit on 14-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

There is more to this universe than that which you can see with your eyes or hear with your ears which themselves are merely tools with limitations.

Magic does exist, I have seen it and worked with myself. LoA is simply a different version of this. But I do not see it as magic, I see it as merely an extension of the natural laws which are simply too subtle to be measured with today's clumsy scientific instruments. It is an aspect within each one of our conscious minds which has become dulled through existing in the physical.

Though if you choose to believe that we are merely passive observers in a world beyond our control that's entirely up to you...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I have to say, that I love that avatar

A lot of psychology out there reinforces the whole LOA a bit. Most people fear the hell out of change, and their subconscious will fight hard to keep the status quo going for example. Change is extremely difficult, and LOA comes into effect, even if it is subconscious.
edit on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:12:18 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I have to say, that I love that avatar

Cheers. something about it really spoke to me and I had the team in the avatar creations thread tweak it up as well

A lot of psychology out there reinforces the whole LOA a bit. Most people fear the hell out of change, and their subconscious will fight hard to keep the status quo going for example. Change is extremely difficult, and LOA comes into effect, even if it is subconscious.
edit on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:12:18 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

We are constantly creating our own reality via our mind. Thought always precedes result. LoA is merely an extension of this.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Though if you choose to believe that we are merely passive observers in a world beyond our control that's entirely up to you...

We are the world we see. You can attain considerable self control through mindfullness. No need for "magic".

It's just retarded delusion.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Listen up. Littlewolf has just raised a very valid point in this discussion, one you would do well to learn from. Check the 'reply to' link directly below to see which of his posts is concerned with my response.

Precisely. There's a book I read called "The Wise Man's Fear," by Patrick Rothfuss. A particularly relevant selection follows:

“Re'lar Kvothe,' he said seriously. 'I am trying to wake your sleeping mind to the subtle language the world is whispering. I am trying to seduce you into understanding. I am trying to teach you.' He leaned forward until his face was almost touching mine. 'Quit grabbing at my tits.”

Essentially, the man saying this is a teacher attempting to teach his students how to communicate with the elements, and thereby control them. Symbolically, he's teaching them how to understand the world by observing and understanding all of the subtle nuances that comprise all of reality - especially the ones they are too self-absorbed to notice.

This passage was the conclusion of an example he used in which you can either court a lady by subtle interactions and gently coaxing the relationship into bloom, or by forcing the event with rough and demanding methods that are more likely to repel than seduce a female. Or in other words, "grabbing their tits".

Magic does exist, I have seen it and worked with myself. LoA is simply a different version of this. But I do not see it as magic, I see it as merely an extension of the natural laws which are simply too subtle to be measured with today's clumsy scientific instruments. It is an aspect within each one of our conscious minds which has become dulled through existing in the physical.

Today's "clumsy, scientific instruments" are our version of grabbing at the world's tits. Instead of gently dancing with reality, and learning its ways by listening, observing, and understanding with the intent to coexist instead of the intent to dominate, we decide we're going to grab everything, inject it with sedatives, thrust it under a microscope, and poke it with something sharp until something interesting happens.

And you expect us to learn everything about the universe in this fashion? No, we're running the universe over in a tank before examining the mangled corpse for anything that can be used in our next conquest. That's not how the universe works. And the day may come that the universe decides we are more harmful than helpful.

May the divine influences help us if such a day arrives. We will most certainly need it. Because quite honestly, Unitymission displays the mentality of someone who is too dense to learn from anything less subtle than a brick wall to the face. Sometimes, things just aren't obvious unless you know what to look for. Ask a hunter, or a woodsman.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

We are the world we see. You can attain considerable self control through mindfullness. No need for "magic".

It's just retarded delusion.

What do you want me to say to that? If you can't be civil and discuss things like an adult then maybe you should just leave this discussion. There plenty of reptilian threads at the moment just begging for troll such as yourself. You bring nothing to the table and a quick scan through your prior posts speaks of nothing more than a pathetic mind crying out for some attention.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing for the topic itself is obviously a little left field but I'm afraid merely voicing an opinion with no intelligent criticism whatsoever just doesn't really cut it.

Frankly I would have expected more from someone whose been a member on ATS since 2007 but maybe what they say is right. They only ban the smart ones...
edit on 14/11/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Great post AfterInfinity but I got 3 hours til my morning alarm goes off so Ill get back to you when I can

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You know, the more I think about it......
LOA and subconscious mind in psychology, might very well be describing the same exact thing, but from two different philosophical angles.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's the interesting part. How do you know when you're just imagining it, or when it's real, especially when in order for it to work, you sometimes have to want it so bad that it's possible you could even trick yourself into believing it happened?

It's a catch-22, but maybe that's the point. As long as we believe we're satisfied, there's no point chasing it further. And maybe that's the lesson in all of this. Maybe that's the purpose of Law of Attraction: be satisfied. As long as you keep wanting, you'll never have what you want.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm not trolling, nor do I go to reptilian threads.

I truly believe it is retardation, and delusion. The vocab is apt.

You, on the other hand get defensive and name call. I didn't do this. I spoke of the concepts, not the individuals.

All I know is that these beliefs can only be accepted through circular reasoning, and rationalizations after the fact
It simply is the product of an emotional need to believe in the spiritual. It's a coping mechanism and conartist ploy to manipulate weaker minds in certain situations.

You believe in it, all good, but don't assume you're somehow enlightened from these beliefs, while I'm not.
edit on 14-11-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I'm not trolling, nor do I go to reptilian threads.

I truly believe it is retardation, and delusion. The vocab is apt.

You, on the other hand get defensive and name call. I didn't do this. I spoke of the concepts, not the individuals.

This morning I read my comment and was thinking to myself ‘wow, that’s a little harsh’. But then I had a look back at everything you’ve written so far and I stand by those comments. 'The vocab is apt' as they say...

Try looking yourself, and then when you’re done please direct me to a single sentence you’ve written that either furthers the discussion or isn’t simply your own unsubstantiated opinion. As already mentioned if this is the average calibre of your posts then it makes me wonder how you’ve managed to stick around ATS for so long. If you do normally write intelligent posts either backed up by personal experience or some other legitimate means then wtf happened here…?

All I know is that these beliefs can only be accepted through circular reasoning, and rationalizations after the fact

If this really is ‘all you know’ then I guess this explains your behaviour. Circular reasoning is ‘The Bible is right because the Bible says it’s right’. What we have here is a beautiful thread where people are sharing their own personal experiences with LoA and informing others who want to know more about it. If you don’t believe in LoA that’s fine and quite understandable, but simply barking out “This is all so stupid, you are all talking rubbish” doesn’t achieve anything and is simply attention-seeking at best, trolling at worst and imho the call sign of a small minded person with a relatively low level intelligence. Feel free to prove me wrong.

And unless we’re having a discussion regarding people with downs syndrome or some other mental handicaps, calling anything ‘retarded’ is really not cool.

It simply is the product of an emotional need to believe in the spiritual. It's a coping mechanism and conartist ploy to manipulate weaker minds in certain situations.

Nice opinion, care to back it up if not with experience or fact, then at the very least some logical reasoning...?

You believe in it, all good, but don't assume you're somehow enlightened from these beliefs, while I'm not.

I never once made this claim, nor would I ever make this claim. I’m not enlightened by any means and I really don’t know why you’d even think this.

edit on 14/11/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Lol nice example with the tits. But to quote our friend UE ‘The vocab is apt’

We have this view in life that everything exists only on the physical plane. Even those with a spiritual leaning generally keep this world separate from their everyday life venturing only there during meditation and when it is brought onto the physical plane it is only done so in terms of codes of behaviour or attempting to perceive a situation from a different pov. Today’s scientific instruments function just fine for what they were designed to do – measure and collect data about various physical phenomena. But what exactly is the ‘physical’? Broken down to its most fundamental level it is merely energy; and this energy has been shown in a few remarkable physics experiments to be responsive to human consciousness. And not just in the here and now (well actually there is only the here and now…) but in a way that shows it is not constrained at all by time.

And this is how we create our own reality every day. But we have all been brainwashed from birth to believe the only control we have is over our own physical bodies. But this is only the very tip of the iceberg. Every experience we have we create ourselves and it is this reason that LoA and to a certain degree magick work.

This is usually the point when the naysayers jump in with ‘what about all those paedophile victims or victims of domestic abuse or the starving kids in Africa. How can you be so heartless and tell them that it is all their own fault for not thinking happy thoughts’. But the answer to that is 2fold. Firstly try telling a starving kid in Africa to believe he will get food, but at the same time not to care whether he/she gets it or not. Cos this is in short is the frame of mind one has to hold if LoA is to succeed. And a very hard thing to do if you’re a day or so away from dying of starvation. Secondly you have to keep in mind you are not just your own wants and fears, you are also dealing with everyone else’s wants and fears as well. No matter how grounded you are it only the energy of one frantic panicked mind to completely through you off. And if you’re stuck in wartoen Africa or an abusive household any beliefs you may have that things may get better are completely countered by the already proved beliefs of the warlord or the abuser that he will get what he wants.

This is why most occult traditions have a tradition of secrecy and why so many enlightened men seek solitude… simply to distance themselves from the interference caused by the doubters and the haters.

reply to post by TKDRL

Originally posted by TKDRL
You know, the more I think about it......
LOA and subconscious mind in psychology, might very well be describing the same exact thing, but from two different philosophical angles.

Exactly. Find the source of consciousness and you will find the source of all things wonderful in this universe. Even to this today neuroscientists cannot pin down where in the brain consciousness springs from. This is because although it resides within the brain, it is not bound by the brain. The Double Slit experiment proves this. Many New Ageists such as myself are often given a lot of flak because we take these discoveries and apply them to aspects of spirituality which are simply not provable. But just the other week we have two eminent physicists release their ‘Quantum Theory of the Soul’. A theory which is completely sound mathematically, but as it stands at present is completely unprovable through todays scientific means. But science, psychology and spirituality edge ever closer and I fully believe we will see a day when the wisdom of the mystics is finally proven on a scientific level. I just hope this incarnation of myself is still alive when it happens…

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
That's the interesting part. How do you know when you're just imagining it, or when it's real, especially when in order for it to work, you sometimes have to want it so bad that it's possible you could even trick yourself into believing it happened?

It's a catch-22, but maybe that's the point. As long as we believe we're satisfied, there's no point chasing it further. And maybe that's the lesson in all of this. Maybe that's the purpose of Law of Attraction: be satisfied. As long as you keep wanting, you'll never have what you want.

Depends what you wish to achieve within this incarnation. LoA can be used by anyone no matter what their spiritual level, for we are all constantly our own creating reality. But in the hands of the beginner (and I myself am only a beginner) it only works in spurts and splutters because our mind is full of chatter and distractions. The closer you align yourself with your higher self and the true spiritual goals you were put on Earth to achieve, the more LoA will begin to happen automatically. This is what all those housewives who bought Rhonda Byrnes ‘The Secret’ after seeing it on Oprah’s Bookclub do not understand. And this is why it does not work for them. It sure worked for Rhonda Byrne though. And despite opening up the whole system to ridicule, she has started the ball rolling and gotten the message out thus allowing those who understand the subtle nuances of the universe to pursue the matter further.

But if in the process of discovering your life,s goals you want a nice house, more cash or a new car then all the better to you for it. There is nothing wrong with indulging in the physical (for we are at present mainly physical beings), just as long as you don’t lose yourself in it.

I was once a meth addict with no fixed address. Now I have two degrees in Science and Arts, 3 beautiful children and make more than enough to be comfortable (although I don’t need too much to be comfortable). And I’m not even 30. I have everything I could have ever imagined as a child I’d want out of life and this leaves me free to a certain extent to pursue other interests. Why? Because I am no longer distracted by the needs of my own physical incarnation.

This is my friends is LoA

edit on 15/11/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It simply is the product of an emotional need to believe in the spiritual.

But isn't it also the product of an emotional need to bash the spiritual?
edit on 15-11-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You must be a very sad soul, to have nothing to believe in. You refuse to even consider that which makes no sense to you, and thus, it continues to not make sense.

You are hindering your own education. I fail to see why you are even here, if you are unwilling to be challenged and disproven. You read with the intent to debunk, and not the intent to understand. This is counterproductive and childish.

If we're so retarded, and you're so superior, then explain the mind. Where does it come from? Where is it based? Please, quantify the mind for us. Quantify consciousness. Prove you're smarter than everyone here, and this whole exercise is a waste of your time.

The mind is the pen with which our desires are written. Perhaps if you enlighten us, we can shed more light on the means by which our desires are attained through LOA.
edit on 15-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So basically. Somebody please answer this.

How should I behave if I want to attract any of the following things.

Money
Fame
Credibility
Health

Can somebody who has done this please respond to each and just break it down simply.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maccascfc

I've stumped you all it would seem.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join