It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oneisall

You have described it wonderously. To me its perpetual magical motion, its the things you feel in your blood, its the esence you remember you once had and lost, its the wind getting past the skin and into the blood. Something has taken hold of every part of your being. Like two different poles of a magnet. Its a force that is undeniable and commands your every fibre, consumes your waking hours with the most important thing alive in your heart. It is the heart comming alive from its dormant state, in some cases its the ressurection of its lifeless state.

The law of attraction is the two different pieces of the puzzle, the key and lock, its the sun and earth, its the wind and water, its fire and earth. It is simply the breathe of life. Without its force we die.

Its everything that you know will return all your lost smile. Its the unconditional freedom of knowing that your soul mate is sharing this existance with you in a way expressed as unconditional love, true love, with no end of depth or passion. How can it be any more real?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oneisall

You have described it wonderously. To me its perpetual magical motion, its the things you feel in your blood, its the esence you remember you once had and lost, its the wind getting past the skin and into the blood. Something has taken hold of every part of your being. Like two different poles of a magnet. Its a force that is undeniable and commands your every fibre, consumes your waking hours with the most important thing alive in your heart. It is the heart comming alive from its dormant state, in some cases its the ressurection of its lifeless state.

The law of attraction is the two different pieces of the puzzle, the key and lock, its the sun and earth, its the wind and water, its fire and earth. It is simply the breathe of life. Without its force we die.

Its everything that you know will return all your lost smile. Its the unconditional freedom of knowing that your soul mate is sharing this existance with you in a way expressed as unconditional love, true love, with no end of depth or passion. How can it be any more real?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You said you have to appreciate it, act as though it's already there, as though you've gotten it and enjoye it, then let it go, as though you no longer require it.

That, my friend, is a very cheap psychological trick. Essentially, you recreate that concept in your mind, feed it life until it "feels" realized, then you let it go. It's like sniffing food and imagining the odor filling you up, so you don't have to eat as much for fear of getting fat. Seriously, it's a dieting technique.

So even if it doesn't work, you feel as though it did. Psychology 101.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Definitely an ATS keeper thread. Posted in to keep on my list.

I agree that the power of prayer is the idea and what makes it all possible. I consider myself buddhist taoist, hmm kinda contradictory of me. Nonetheless, we as a whole are about to get there...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
that was very helpful to me. thank you. it was also well written and short, sweet, and to the point.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
Definitely an ATS keeper thread. Posted in to keep on my list.

I agree that the power of prayer is the idea and what makes it all possible. I consider myself buddhist taoist, hmm kinda contradictory of me. Nonetheless, we as a whole are about to get there...

Hi Just curious what as a whole are about to get to?

I am intrigued...

THANKS!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Nobody has to convince me that these things work. I've been saved in the nick of time because I refused to believe it was all over. I know that warm confident feeling very well.

But I have a question that's been nagging me for awhile now, and I'd appreciate it if Skyfloating or anyone else who has given this a lot of thought could answer it for me.

My grandparents knew a woman who was from a rich, very rich aristocratic family. She was the sole heiress of an industrial empire.
In the early 30s this "empire" collapsed and all she got was debts and more debts. She was stone broke. She was so broke that her former tenants were leaving food at her doorstep because they were better off than she was at that point.

However, what's interesting about this woman is that she was totally unfazed about the situation. She didn't scale down her expenses, she never thought she could end up broke (which she already was) and she just kept her lavish lifestyle until she could pay for it no more.
According to my grandparents, she never appeared worried about her future or present, planning new art acquisitions and so on.

Yet she ended her days in the poorhouse (literally).
And still in denial, I am told.

So.... where did all those feelings of abundance go in her case?
What did they create?

I've been wondering about this for years, so I'd appreciate any serious thoughts on this, preferably from someone who has lots of actual experience with it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Your story is one of many that proves the LOA is pure rubbish.

It's for snobbish people who have no clue that most of humanity tries, struggles, and gets nothing more than opression in return.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I wish it were that simple....
Like I said, I've been saved from impossible situations (I am not exaggerating, I was a serious mountain climber), and I've had and seen things happen that could only be described as "miracles" (and this coming from a skeptic), to myself and to others, in this state of mind that this thread is describing.

So, based on my own experience of life, from years before I even heard of the term ("law of attraction", which I loathe), I have no doubt that there is something to it.
But that's all the more reason to try and figure out the exceptions to this "law" or whatever it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Nobody else? No thoughts at all?
Strange, because I browsed through the thread and noticed there were days in this thread when PAGES of replies were posted in a single day, in short succession - and now, not a single reply from people who believe in this stuff to a genuine query?
How odd.

Bear in mind, though, that anyone interested in this subject is bound to come across the same question sooner or later. It is an unavoidable question.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

You're misrepresenting the situations. It was obviously possible. It happened.

That you can't imagine it as rationally possible is your own limitation.

Nothing to do with LOA
edit on 13-11-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Personally I wouldn't have the slightest idea what's going on in her subconscious mind as I mainly don't even know about my own. What people don't realize is that most, if not all of the creation actually happens in the subconscious mind, not the conscious mind.

On another note. Some things are plain and as simple as day. Simple mathematics. If you continually spend more than what you make, you will end up broke. Lots of times people fail to see that. Even if you explain it to them black on white.

Furthermore creation does not only happen in the mind, it happens also by our actions. And our subconscious programming is what powers our actions.

A little cryptic at the moment, but I don't have much time to explain right now. Perhaps later on in the week.

Just keep in mind that most "law of attraction" supporters/devotees don't acknowledge to critical things (the subconscious mind, and taking action). (In that lady's case, creating products, selling, learning from her parents about business skills etc...)

Another term you can google is "psychological reversal" (subconsciously sabotaging yourself from reaching your goals)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Originally posted by TheBandit795
www.debunkingskeptics.com...

In the link above, the Law of attraction is being debunked. Take note of the questions at the bottom of the page:

This is the reply to the link above, which gives reasonable answers to the questions.

www.deliberateblog.com...

Enjoy!!!

Repost...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Action is powered by thought. If a thought, or the emotion imbuing that thought, is powerful...imagine actively channeling that thought, intention, or emotion through physical expression. Reading a computer script is one thing, watching it in action is something much more powerful. It creates waves. A rock sitting in a lake vs a rock thrown in a lake.

That's the working principle behind law of attraction - or part of it, anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by AdAstra

You're misrepresenting the situations. It was obviously possible. It happened.

That you can't imagine it as rationally possible is your own limitation.

Nothing to do with LOA
edit on 13-11-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

How am I "misrepresenting" anything?
I've told the story exactly how it was told by my grandparents, who were extremely honorable people and had been on friendly terms with that woman, so they had no reason to malign her with silly stories.
And the story has been corroborrated by accounts of others who were in contact with her, including journalists.

I could tell her name, but I wouldn't dream of doing that, because I too have been brought up to respect the honor of others as well as my own.

And what exactly is it that I cannot imagine as "rationally possible"?
Have you even read my two posts?

edit on 13-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Thank you very much!
There is a lot of food for thought there.

I'll be back with more questions if I have any. :-)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, I know that feeling very well.
But apparently it has to be.... dynamic. Not static, as it appears to have been in that woman's case.
(Keeping in mind I have no inkling about what was really going on in her mind. All I know as that she wasn't insane or anything like that. BTW, I am told she wasn't a bad businesswoman; and of course she also had managers and advisors. But at that point in time many big businesses went bust.)

Maybe that's it. Maybe she had a "static" feeling of abundance, more "inherited" than anything else, which was unable to withstand adverse changes.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

I'm sorry, but you're not making any damned sense. The story about the woman proves the LOA is rubbish. My last post to you wasn't about that one, obviously. It was about your next post. You were misrepresenting the situation as "impossible" and mentioned "miracles". It just isn't a reasonable stance.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It doesn't make sense to YOU.
Which is perfectly all right with me.

I have experienced a LOT of the world. Enough to have felt how little any, and I mean ANY, of us can even fathom, regardless of the amount of facts or "facts" we know or think we know.

I love and cherish my analytical mind, I really do; and it has served me wonderfully well.
But I want to use it where it is the right place for it.
That means I have to acknowledge its limitations - because it does have inherent limitations, and many.
I want to use it to find out things - not to shut them out.

In fact, that's why I posted my query here.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My friend, Law of Attraction isn't magic. You don't just snap your fingers or sing chants or something and POOF! your dreams come to life. Much like a phone or a car, you have to know how it works to utilize it effectively. And you have to be able to adjust for its shortcomings if you're to utilize it effectively. Because, believe it or not, Law of Attraction DOES have shortcomings, most of them based in our own imperfections.

What imperfections are these? Well, the biggest one is that THE LAW OF ATTRACTION GIVES US WHAT WE NEED, NOT WHAT WE WANT. Many times, it can be used to give us something we ask for, but it generally serves for our better. If what we want isn't good for us, or isn't what we need at that point in time, you may as well throw gasoline on your kitchen fire. That isn't how the ether works. There is an intelligence of sorts, a programmed system that analyzes the situation and determines the necessary variables for either completing our spiritual training or furthering our survival.

In that sense, perhaps the failure of that woman's business was necessary. Perhaps her subconscious doubts affected the outcome. Or perhaps, somewhere in her heart, she WANTED the business to fail, but her mind told her she wanted to succeed. The subconscious is much more powerful than the conscious mind - it controls the majority of our behavior, our emotions, our beliefs, and our intentions. So guess which one pulls more strings?

You don't know enough to say it's rubbish, and I don't know enough to say for a fact it's real. But I do know enough to say that the circumstantial evidence suggests that the same forces that imply the validity of Law of Attraction also provide a plausible explanation for the results that you so adamantly declare prove its nonexistence.

In short, you're not looking deep enough. You miss the forest for the trees.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join