It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Smiling

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Smiling~
edit on 26-8-2012 by leolady because: oops double dip

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Smiles and hugs right back at you!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Please Refrain from One line comments and minimal remarks!!!!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is a very interesting subject and I have no doubt that the Law of Attraction is a very real law, energy or force.

Although I am aware of this law and understand how to use it, I don't fully comprehend the deeper workings or consequences of using this law or energy.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered but it's easy to miss something when you come late to a thread as large as this one!

Anyway, my question;

Irrespective if this law is used in a sacred or profane way, what is the cost?

Whether the law is used for personal gain or to help others, for wealth or for health, for petty desires or grand ideals, is there a price to be paid?

It's my belief that nothing comes for free, there is always give and take, always a transfer of energy.

If there is a price to pay and if we are asking the powers that be, the universe or the consciousness of the Law of Attraction for something, and we get it, what do we have to give back?

Does the cost depend on what we ask for?

If there is no cost or transfer involved, why is this? Can we really get something for nothing?

I have seen another thread asking if the Law of Attraction is linked to Karma, I think/believe that it is, but Karma is a greater law and that your Karma would be affected by the Law of Attraction (either by granting or denying what you ask for, or making you pay for what you recieve), depending on how it was used.

Again, forgive me if this has already been discussed....

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I've wondered the same thing. At what cost? Something to ponder for sure.

Reminds me of wanting something but when you consider the pros and cons to what you want you can't make a decision to this thing you want because you know of the pros to the situation. So you sit stagnant and undecided.

But i guess that takes the "majic" out of LoA when put that way.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by dylan9440

I dont use affirmations, nor do I recommend them.

Do you mind if I ask why?

I stopped on this page so I'm not sure if you already answered this or are still responding to this thread
(I'm very new to this forum lol).

The first time I learned about the LOA was when I heard about the secret. I attempted to use it in minor ways a few times and was able to "manifest" quite a few checks and some other random things. I went through a pretty negative period and have just started to think about it again and how my thoughts have probably brought me to where I am now. Long story short I'm in the same cycle of money going straight out and not coming back, no savings etc. I thought I had the right "mindset" but I feel like I'm misunderstanding something critical this time. I was pretty desperate the last two weeks, well in an extremely desperate financial situation and I just kept telling myself if I pushed forward, stayed thankful for what I already had, expected etc that it would manifest. But nothing, even the expected money I was supposed to get yesterday was completely screwed up. I'm sure this is not helping but I'm not sure what I'm "doing wrong" or what to do now.

The part about not having to be positive all of the time is refreshing, I definitely thought I had to be like that constantly. Anyways, I hope this thread is still active lol!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody
This is a very interesting subject and I have no doubt that the Law of Attraction is a very real law, energy or force.

Although I am aware of this law and understand how to use it, I don't fully comprehend the deeper workings or consequences of using this law or energy.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered but it's easy to miss something when you come late to a thread as large as this one!

Anyway, my question;

Whether the law is used for personal gain or to help others, for wealth or for health, for petty desires or grand ideals, is there a price to be paid?

It's my belief that nothing comes for free, there is always give and take, always a transfer of energy.

If there is a price to pay and if we are asking the powers that be, the universe or the consciousness of the Law of Attraction for something, and we get it, what do we have to give back?

Does the cost depend on what we ask for?

If there is no cost or transfer involved, why is this? Can we really get something for nothing?

I have seen another thread asking if the Law of Attraction is linked to Karma, I think/believe that it is, but Karma is a greater law and that your Karma would be affected by the Law of Attraction (either by granting or denying what you ask for, or making you pay for what you recieve), depending on how it was used.

Again, forgive me if this has already been discussed....

Gnobody

Wow, I never thought about it that way before. Now I'm curious too...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Gnobody

Still very interested to hear people's ideas, theories or knowledge regarding my original question above.

My personal opinion is that, yes, it does cost, and unless we can fully comprehend this law and others (beyond the intellect), we will be ignorant of the true cost.

What say you?

Would the knowledge that there is a transfer or cost involved change your mind in using this law?

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Gnobody

Still very interested to hear people's ideas, theories or knowledge regarding my original question above.

My personal opinion is that, yes, it does cost, and unless we can fully comprehend this law and others (beyond the intellect), we will be ignorant of the true cost.

What say you?

Would the knowledge that there is a transfer or cost involved change your mind in using this law?

Gnobody

A cost or a prize. May depend upon what purpose the request. Does the caller seek only after themselves, their own needs and desires? A cost then, to themselves and to others, in the balance of the thing. Or does the caller seek also for others? Bitter-sweet. A prize, held deep in the heart, a rejoicing of the soul, a shining. A cost, to others, in the balance of the thing, their karma.

Grace and Justice.
edit on 6/9/2012 by teapot because: edit

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

Don't know that answer to that?

My wish was for the person I hold closest to my heart, to my being. to my life (my twin sister). It appears to have come true... if only for a moment remains to be seen. So if a price must be paid for her happiness I'd gladly take that on.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hi teapot and leolady

So, what are your 'guts' telling you, do you think that there is a 'cost' involved, or not?

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

This is a really cool thread; I would encourage you to read the whole thing; I read 2-3 pages a day and found all the contributions pretty interesting. The OP & others hit on the subject you have questions about. Sylvie on pg 52 is a good read and, if you wish, check out my reply on pg 66.
I have had good success in bringing back lost items one such occurence was downright freaky.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by equeu89

An affirmation can change your belief then change your world view and ultimately your behavior. Before I knew anything about LOA as such I used "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" as an affirmation once I really believed I could do anythingf the world became much easier. I am no expert on this kind of stuff, it seems like affirmations are kind of pre-LOA stuff.
Right now I am going through something similar; I had something taken away from me that I thanked God for practically everyday & I just dont get it. Makes me hesitant on the whole thankful thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LafingWithTears
reply to post by equeu89

An affirmations can change your belief then change your world view and ultimately your behavior. Before I knew anything about LOA as such I used "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" as an affirmation once I really believed I could do anythingf the world became much easier. I am no expert on this kind of stuff, it seems like affirmations are kind of pre-LOA stuff.
Right now I am going through something similar; I had something taken away from me that I thanked God for practically everyday & I just dont get it. Makes me hesitant on the whole thankful thing.

Affirmations are a great way to get control of your mind. The mind is like a garden plant nothing in it and the wind blows what ever seed it will into it and you get nothing but weeds. However cultivate it with fruits and vegatables and tend it regularly pluck out any weeds and you will get a wonderful harvest of fruits and vegetables.

Affirmations are what you use to cultivate the mind. weeds are the negative poor me, its impossible, it can't be done thoughts that are all around you and come from friends family and even strangers both consciously and subconsciously.

Cultivate your mind and don't let the negative thoughts get root like weeds in the garden and you will gain a new found power to accomplish anything you desire that you never thought possible before.

One thing people miss about the law of attraction is it attracts opportunity it doesn't drop abundance and wealth out of the sky on you it just makes them visible to you and available to you. However you have to take action to take advantage of those opportunities. Think negative thoughts like why me, why is this happening, it's so and so's or this or thats fault etc. and you will attract that like an untended uncultivated garden attracts weeds.

Take control of your mind with daily affirmations with specific goals and set dates for accomplishment and you will find great power and peace of mind. Where you are in life is the result of the dominating thoughts of your life whether negative or positive.
edit on 14-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LafingWithTears

Many thanks for the tip LafingWithTears, I aim to read the complete thread as I'm going throught it bit by bit, but I may jump to the section you have pointed out before carrying on!

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LafingWithTears
reply to post by equeu89

An affirmation can change your belief then change your world view and ultimately your behavior. Before I knew anything about LOA as such I used "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" as an affirmation once I really believed I could do anythingf the world became much easier. I am no expert on this kind of stuff, it seems like affirmations are kind of pre-LOA stuff.

I've read a number of your posts on this thread and you appear to be Christian, yes? I'd be interested in discussing LOA from a decidedly Christian standpoint. Not sure if that comes up in this thread much as I've not started reading it fully. I would welcome a private message if you're so inclined to talk.

Thanks for pointing out Sylvie's posts.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This article is very interesting but also confusing when compared with the teachings of the LOA. They are saying that our subconscious brain is very active and changes our behavior without us know about it. And then it states that

Using subtle cues for self-improvement is something like trying to tickle yourself, Dr. Bargh said: priming doesn’t work if you’re aware of it. Manipulating others, while possible, is dicey. “We know that as soon as people feel they’re being manipulated, they do the opposite; it backfires,” he said.

So what I'm getting from this is that all the affirmations we tell ourselves doesn't have any affect on the subconscious mind?

And this here is my favorite paragraph -

Yet the new research on priming makes it clear that we are not alone in our own consciousness. We have company, an invisible partner who has strong reactions about the world that don’t always agree with our own, but whose instincts, these studies clearly show, are at least as likely to be helpful, and attentive to others, as they are to be disruptive.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How to know what is your subconscious mind thinking?.. .

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I started this thread but it got closed : ats thread

so i am re posting here. thanks.

Good day. After browsing this thread regarding the law of attraction i cant help but notice it is inaccurate AND
incomplete so please let me correct this.

The thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quoted from ATS user skyfloating.

So, this is how it works, imo

For naive and childlike beginners it works just like they say it in the movie "the secret". It works like magic until the cynical, questioning, skeptical, worried mind kicks in. After the excitement and novelty has worn off, this is how it, imo, actually works:

Focus. Something is focussed on, until it becomes familiar. The familiarity with it builds trust and the attraction of "things like it", things similar to it.
Focus can be applied in many different ways. One can look at something out there in physical reality or in here, in the mind. One can write about it (writing being even stronger than thinking), speak about it, listen to others speak about it, see it, touch it, feel it, do it, immerse oneself in it (whatever it is one wants to attract). But this is all done in the sense and tense (present tense or past tense) of it already being real, solid, substantial, important, normal, appreciated (rather than needed, wanted, longed for). Basically, one focusses for while (in this manner), and then "lets go of it". "Letting go" not in the sense of loosing interest, but in the sense of no longer requesting or requiring it (afterall, you have to pretend its already real).

And thats that.

The law of attraction is the basic law that *what you put out, is what you get back*. What that means fundamentally is that your reality will literally manifest into what vibration, or state of being you are in the present. Reality works just like a physical mirror, to smile you don't pull your lips up with your fingers, you change your state of being from the inside to smile. When you are in an angry mood your reality will reflect that, nothing will go right and everything bad will happen "on purpose" to you. when your happy and vibrant, your reality will reflect that. its as simple as that. You literally create and manifest your reality to match your core vibration. Controlling it is simple, if you change your inner your outer will have no choice but to change. And how do you change your vibration? your belief system. Its *your* interpretation that gives meaning and in turn your beliefs are created. You are ALWAYS believing in something, its what makes reality so real to the physical mind. This is also why you can't manifest everything, only that the physical mind can understand to be 'possible' is possible. Remember that you are always attracting things in your reality its just a matter of playing with it to see what works for you, any questions?

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join